Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sterilise the underclass

Wikiposts

Sterilise the underclass

Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:48 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sterilise the underclass

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yeah, its not an ideal system, but the theory is, once you get a degree you'll be well sorted when it comes to increased pay.

Not necessarily true of course, but I guess thats the logic.

I was thinking about kids when they finish school, I don't think there is a financial reason why the can't go to Uni.

JTL
He ended up with a 1st class honours degree so was worth it in the end but we had nothing for 5 years and he lectured in the college when he could but we just couldn't make ends meet.

Good luck with your kids, our kids for sure will be fully encouraged to go as early as possible to avoid the situation we were in.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

There is not really an old boys network in Australia. At least not in Melbourne and Brisbane where I've worked. It might be different in Canberra and Sydney.

As I said before, whether these people that you are griping about earned their money legitimately or not, they have it. Leave it alone. Its not our concern. Its never going to change. As long as they pay their taxes

My points are about the real world. Workers, wages, getting on in life. Promotion, applying yourself.

You haven't explained why you think I'm on a different planet, for considering some people are slackers who could have improved their situation but chose not to.

You're just coming up with mad rants about royalty and calling me an alien.

JTL
I never called you an alien. Your views as I see them are advocating Tebbits philosophy. The working classes are lazy bast**ds who need to get on their bike. Sure, there are lazy parents but they are a minority and much of the underclass you refer to are remnants from Thatchers policies still having an effect nearly 30 years on.

Look at Alan Sugar, he was working class and now he's a millionaire. For every Alan Sugar, there are millions who dont make it and it isn't always their fault. Circumstances and events can all play its part and dare I say a large slice of luck.

I mention the royals because if ever there was a fu**ed-up family then that is it. Yet every one of them rises to the top of their profession.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I don't think it's even about going to uni. It's about realising that you have an opportunity for free schooling and education that you have to be in until you are 16, so you may as well just try and make whatever you can out of it with a bit of hard work.
Thats the original point I was trying to make. There is free, and generally very good education for every child. But it is the parents job to make them take it seriously and work at it.

It all comes back to the 'can't be arsed' category of people. They don't check their kids school records, they don't care where their kids are, or if they've done their homework.

These type of parents should never be allowed to have kids.

There got the thread right back on topic.

JTL
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:51 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Why would any one want to own an Alfa Romeo, the last one i saw was on the side of the road on fire , apparantly a common occurence here in AUST, ............mm
I'm yet to meet a happy long term Alfa Romeo owner
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:53 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
He ended up with a 1st class honours degree so was worth it in the end but we had nothing for 5 years and he lectured in the college when he could but we just couldn't make ends meet.

Good luck with your kids, our kids for sure will be fully encouraged to go as early as possible to avoid the situation we were in.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:54 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:54 am

Is it cos they is shit?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
I never called you an alien. Your views as I see them are advocating Tebbits philosophy. The working classes are lazy bast**ds who need to get on their bike. Sure, there are lazy parents but they are a minority and much of the underclass you refer to are remnants from Thatchers policies still having an effect nearly 30 years on.

Look at Alan Sugar, he was working class and now he's a millionaire. For every Alan Sugar, there are millions who dont make it
As I said Duncan Ballantyne and Alan Sugar are just examples of thousands who do make it. There are thousands of multi millionaires who've gone bankrupt too. They got too ambitious.

I'll leave it with you with what I said earlier, if everyone worked hard and worked smart, I'd have no problem.

But I know lots who don't do either.

JTL
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:58 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

If the kid is gifted but disengaged,the parents uninterested what then? Mind you going to Uni does not necessarily mean your kid will be a success anyway. At the same time failure to go to Uni doesn`t mean you can`t be successful.
I can remember (before I had my daughter) looking at some people I knew and thinking "If those idiots can be parents how hard can it be?" I soon found out - sitting in hospital at 3am after giving birth and thinking "Oh sh*t!"
You don`t have to be a genius to be a good parent but I do wish kids came with some sort of instruction manual.
Intelligence, wealth, success, whats wrong with just being happy and hoping your kid grows into some sort of decent human being rather than pushing them to be the next Steven Hawkins.
As for sterilising the scum why not make it 1 strike and your out irrespective of wealth or class, after all a druggie is still a druggie even if he does own a porsche.
Probably rambling but just my thoughts.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:01 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
I know you lot like a good debate.

So noticed this article, Kiwi politician says offer the underclass money to steriles and the whole country will be better off:

Kiwi politician calls for the 'underclass' to be sterilised to solve the country's child abuse problem

A FAMOUSLY-rude Kiwi politician has proposed a new solution to the country's dire child abuse problem - sterilise the "underclass''.

Michael Laws - who stirred up contempt by calling the late Tongan King a "bloated brown slug'' - has again hit headlines for the wrong reasons.

The regional mayor claimed that the children of beneficiaries, drug addicts and criminals had little chance in life and were prime targets for child abuse.

Sterilising their parents was the best solution, he brazenly suggested.

"If we gave $10,000 to certain people and said 'we'll voluntarily sterilise you' then all of society would be better off,'' he told the Dominion Post newspaper.

"There'd be less dead children and less social problems.''

He was commenting on the latest death of a toddler, two-year-old Karl Perigo-Check, who was the son of a convicted murderer and gang member.

Read full story

Have your saySkip to:Read commentsAdd comments

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/kiw...-1225792760998
With the amount of beer that bogans seem to drink I think that they're doing a perfectly good job of sterilising themselves (albeit slowly).
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
With the amount of beer that bogans seem to drink I think that they're doing a perfectly good job of sterilising themselves (albeit slowly).

hic
Old Oct 31st 2009, 6:26 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

As I said Duncan Ballantyne and Alan Sugar are just examples of thousands who do make it. There are thousands of multi millionaires who've gone bankrupt too. They got too ambitious.

I'll leave it with you with what I said earlier, if everyone worked hard and worked smart, I'd have no problem.

But I know lots who don't do either.

JTL
When I left school there were few jobs, you got a job and you worked damned hard at keeping it that doesn't mean that there was an opportunity to work smart but it also didn't mean that I should have been sterilised.

My son has an IQ that puts him in the top 5% of the human race but has really bad dyslexia which means that he gets low marks in written tests.

Hawkins has defective genes do we sterilise/murder the two of them?

I'm with Framac the next time you visit earth give me a knock
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Thats the original point I was trying to make. There is free, and generally very good education for every child. But it is the parents job to make them take it seriously and work at it.

It all comes back to the 'can't be arsed' category of people. They don't check their kids school records, they don't care where their kids are, or if they've done their homework.

These type of parents should never be allowed to have kids.

There got the thread right back on topic.

JTL
Free education - how are you defining this and where is this available? The education system in canada is paid by taxpayers whether you have children in the system or not. At the university level, tuition is paid by the parents (students). There is some government funding, but more and more is being put on the taxpayer.

Not every child is university matter. That is why there is such diversity in the school system, once the kid gets to the high school level. There are always going to be kids that are motivated to do well, and those that arent. In many cases they are a product of their environment. In many others, you will find kids who have grown up in the "lower class" have been able to do well for themselves.

As far as irrresponsible parents - you will find them at every social class. It isnt just the poor or lower class that are irresponsible parents.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Well, in a sense they are. Via free education they can get to the highest levels in society if they try hard enough. And there are thousands of examples of people who have done just that.

My point is the 'can't be arsed' families shouldn't be supported. But if someone is fortunate enough to be born with 50 million in the bank, and they pay their taxes on it, its none of our business how they live their lives.

On the other hand, if they're penniless, its their task to earn money and not assume everyone else will carry their dead weight for their whole life.

JTL
You are being short-sighted and narrow-minded. There will always be those that need the social safety net - to provide and protect them. Facism was defeated during ww2- only the strong have the right to live. What type of society are we and how dare we decide who has the right to live or to die....
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:32 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of first time owners

Like handbags get used once then stay in the wardrobe/garage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.