Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sterilise the underclass

Sterilise the underclass

Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sterilise the underclass

Originally Posted by willmore
Well a quick response as I must run:

"Those that cant be arsed are found in every social class, not only the lower class. Irresponsible/abusive parents are found in every social class as well.

Definition of those less fortunate - those considered at or below the poverty level and those who are uneducated......

Nite now...
How can someone be uneducated in coutries with universal free education? Surely that means their parents couldn't be arsed to make sure they went to school?Therefore, they fall in to the 'couldn't be arsed' category.

And while you say, those that can't be arsed are found in every social class, If someones got 50 million in the bank and are paying taxes, who cares if they just laze about all day.

If they've got nothing in the bank and expect everyone else to pay for them, then they should be working.

I don't really care about how you define class, its more to do with ethics I think. If someone believes the world owes them a living, then they're underclass.

JTL
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, maybe mass sterilisation is going a little over the top, but I would be in favour of breeding licences. Maybe some form of test or training that has to be completed satisfactorily before you get your licence to procreate.

S
Always thought so..my authoritarian side coming out i suppose.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
How can someone be uneducated in coutries with universal free education? Surely that means their parents couldn't be arsed to make sure they went to school?Therefore, they fall in to the 'couldn't be arsed' category.

And while you say, those that can't be arsed are found in every social class, If someones got 50 million in the bank and are paying taxes, who cares if they just laze about all day.
If they've got nothing in the bank and expect everyone else to pay for them, then they should be working.

I don't really care about how you define class, its more to do with ethics I think. If someone believes the world owes them a living, then they're underclass.

JTL
This attitudes pisses me right off. You are advocating that certain poor children who were unfortunate to have shit parents shouldnt have been born but the royal family and their inbreeding bunch of hangers on are fine because of their breeding and cash. This is the attitude that has made the UK what it is today.

I would love to see working class kids given the privileges of these in-bred bas**rds and watch them do aa far better job of it.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
I would love to see working class kids given the privileges of these in-bred bas**rds and watch them do aa far better job of it.
Well, in a sense they are. Via free education they can get to the highest levels in society if they try hard enough. And there are thousands of examples of people who have done just that.

My point is the 'can't be arsed' families shouldn't be supported. But if someone is fortunate enough to be born with 50 million in the bank, and they pay their taxes on it, its none of our business how they live their lives.

On the other hand, if they're penniless, its their task to earn money and not assume everyone else will carry their dead weight for their whole life.

JTL
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:38 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

If someones got 50 million in the bank and are paying taxes, who cares if they just laze about all day.

Agree with you Jack

Surely they would loose the money by being so lazy and thus we have Karma.
Same as parents who dont care or encourage their children reap the outcomes later in life. "Johnny will you be leaving home now your 40?"

There are dudes and dickheads across all monetary spectrums. Some just more obvious than others
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:04 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, in a sense they are. Via free education they can get to the highest levels in society if they try hard enough. And there are thousands of examples of people who have done just that.

My point is the 'can't be arsed' families shouldn't be supported. But if someone is fortunate enough to be born with 50 million in the bank, and they pay their taxes on it, its none of our business how they live their lives.

On the other hand, if they're penniless, its their task to earn money and not assume everyone else will carry their dead weight for their whole life.

JTL
So were would the unemployed (who appear to be necessary to keep inflation down) come from? Would the intelligentsia take turns?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
So were would the unemployed (who appear to be necessary to keep inflation down) come from? Would the intelligentsia take turns?
Well, I'm not an economist, but my understanding is that its supply and demand. So if there were more people in work, producing more things, then that would increase the supply at the same time as demand increased. Therefore no effect on inflation.

I don't really think unemployement is necessary, but obviously when it happens on a large scale it drives prices down, just because more people can't afford things and start shopping at Aldi and Bi-Lo and Lidl, and go on lfewer holidays, and don't buy new cars etc.

You'll never get zero unemployment anyway, theres always going to be slackers who 'can't find a job'

JTL
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I'm not an economist, but my understanding is that its supply and demand. So if there were more people in work, producing more things, then that would increase the supply at the same time as demand increased. Therefore no effect on inflation.

I don't really think unemployement is necessary, but obviously when it happens on a large scale it drives prices down, just because more people can't afford things and start shopping at Aldi and Bi-Lo and Lidl, and go on lfewer holidays, and don't buy new cars etc.

You'll never get zero unemployment anyway, theres always going to be slackers who 'can't find a job'

JTL
I can't name the names but it seems to be a long established theory that there is an inverse relationship between inflation and unemployment. The theory being that if everyone is in employment there is no slack in the system leading to wage inflation which in turn leads to inflation. I think the peeps who first spotted this trend were all patting themselves on the back for a long time as it seemed to hold true until Maggie managed to drive up unemployment without the benefit of lower inflation.

I can imagine there'd be quite a few slackers if they'd been sterilised. Not much point investing for the future if all your money ends up going to the state or rich uncle eddie's kids when you kick the bucket.

Think of all those people who are out there foregoing their jobs just so your superfund will still be worth something when you retire.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:20 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
Absolute pish yeah because only a few people ever try hard enough
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in a sense they are. [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="red"]Via free education they can get to the highest levels in society if they try hard enough. And there are thousands of examples of people who have done just that.

JTL
What planet are you on.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Thydney
Absolute pish yeah because only a few people ever try hard enough
In what sense is it 'pish'?

It is possible, just look at Duncan Bannatyne (from Dragons Lair), or Alan Sugar. To name two out of thousands.

I don't understand why you think is 'pish' that if you work hard, apply yourself, and keep focused, you can make it. In what way is that incorrect?

JTL
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by framac67
What planet are you on.

Same planet as you, or do you think you're communicating with aliens now?

Theres nothing I said thats incorrect, (see my previous comment to the other poster). Anyone can improve their position in life immensley if they apply themselves. The key is education.

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Oct 31st 2009 at 12:48 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

It is possible, just look at Duncan Bannatyne (from Dragons Lair), or Alan Sugar. To name two out of thousands.
I don't understand why you think is 'pish' that if you work hard, apply yourself, and keep focused, you can make it. In what way is that incorrect?

JTL
So the old boys network doesnt exist and the conservative party is full of geniuses. The royal family bred super intelligent offspring as they rise to the top of their professions in whatever field they chose.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:56 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
I think it's pish as it's just totally unrealistic in today's society. I accept that the opportunities are there for people to take hold of, but having worked in secondary teaching, many of these are just squandered by kids who want everything now - instant gratification but without having to do anything to earn it in any way.

I would like to think that it's just the challenging, low achieving kids that are like this, but sadly I have worked in both state and grammer schools, and have seen the same thing in both 'classes' if you accept the double meaning.

There are an awful lot of commited teachers out there trying to make a difference, but until the kids make the connection between a rudimentary education, effort and success, then I think most will be destined for failure.

Sadly this whole touchy feely guardian reading everyone-is-a-winner BS had seeped through, and so many kids genuinely believe that they will all become footballers, or F1 drivers, and, more worryingly, that they all deserve it as if it's something that the rest of society owes them.

I seriously worry about what happens when they get into the adult world, as they will all be in for a very nasty shock when they discover the vast gulf between how much they earn/receive in benefits and how much the sports cars they spent all their IT lessons looking at on the internet and planning to buy!

S
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:58 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
So you dont work hard? I don't try hard. Not everyone can make it there are so many variables in life and working hard has sweet FA to do with it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.