Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi People..

Just been reading through the thread.. hoping to start my spouse migration soon(ish) so I'm finding all this info really useful
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by struth
hi Pomgrrl,

I just started at the beginning, how we met, how soon we decided it was for real, when we moved in together, included bits about holidays we have had, and bits about emotional support oh provided when my dad died and how i supported him through an illness. Also a brief statement regarding financial split between us and how he has been a great substitute dad to my daughter. Not forgetting the fact i love him very much :

Hope this helps

Ruth
Did our little write ups about each other last night, was quite funny really
Didn't write loads just the basics
thanks for hints ladies
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:23 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by scor
Hi People..

Just been reading through the thread.. hoping to start my spouse migration soon(ish) so I'm finding all this info really useful
Hello and Welcome!

If you have any Q's feel free to ask, there is always one of us who has an answer I found this thread very helpful while going thru my application and I don't think I'd have coped without it and the forum!!

Good Luck to you!

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
Did our little write ups about each other last night, was quite funny really
Didn't write loads just the basics
thanks for hints ladies
So what have you got left to do?? When do you think you'll be applying?? Keep us updated
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Ok this isnt much help but If I remember rightly my personal statement which was done by the agent just said that we were in a long lasting relationship and that we were commited to each other etc, it was about 20 lines long and they were both the same just the names changed

As for x-rays, just be careful as I'm sure you've read about the nipple clamps I had to go back for a 2nd x-ray and lost my slot for the doctors for 2 weeks, also once were x-rays were done I couldnt get them as the senior radiologist had to look at them which took 2 or 3 days to complete, the whole thing took about 3 weeks
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road

We had to wait a week between xrays and the medicals but everywhere is probably different.

I couldnt wait any longer today i gave in and phoned our case officer and would you believe it she is off this week and not back in until monday, so i guess we wont be hearing anything until next week.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:44 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by struth
Ok, meds are organised for the 15th May, xrays at 2pm, others at 4pm.
will need to remember the passports, photos and forms 160 and 26 ?

Anything else??

Yeh your wallet!!!!!

We had our meds and x-rays done during the same appointment.......C x

Originally Posted by scor
Hi People..

Hello and welcome to our circle!!!!! C x
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:59 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by PARKES
We had to wait a week between xrays and the medicals but everywhere is probably different.

I couldnt wait any longer today i gave in and phoned our case officer and would you believe it she is off this week and not back in until monday, so i guess we wont be hearing anything until next week.
awwww what a pain! When did you send yours in? We sent ours on the Tuesday, they received it on the Wednesday, we had an e-mail on the Friday asking for two forms to be completed, sent them in which they received on the Monday and then we had our passport back with the visa in it on the Wednesday!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

hey shiels, appreciating your point, nearly had a heart attack (that would have looked good on the medicals ) when quoted the cost, daughter is 16 so counts as an adult, will be the best part of £400 that day without taking child for lunch!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 1:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
posted this elsewhere but need some help, again
I'm applying for spouse visa for husband
and 3 kids, 18, 16 13.
so forms I need are:
47sp x1
40sp x1
47a for 18 yr old. x1
40ch x3 ?? or 2??

is this right or do I need any more?
also when a question asks when you met etc, i cant remember the exact date, so can you just put the year?
and another!!!
on the 40sp the 1st quest is , how many people are included? do i put my 18 down as an adult or child??
Answered here -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445408
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

As a quick question, is it a standard price for meds and x-rays..I paid £210 for the whole lot, what about anyone else?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fenton
As a quick question, is it a standard price for meds and x-rays..I paid £210 for the whole lot, what about anyone else?
my lot haven`t had theirs yet, but sounds cheapHow many was that for? I`ve seen threads were people have paid 800 for families (sorry lost pound sign on keyboard) and more

I had a pm who told me it worked out 163 pound each , less if under 16, more if you`ve got tats, including x rays and courier in Salford seems a good deal if you up the North West way.

Last edited by pomgrrl; Apr 28th 2007 at 8:03 am.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Cheers Pollyana
Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

That was just for me...£70 for the x-ray and £131 for the Med
Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Oh I should have said I paid an extra £26 for the Hep B&C tests as I have a tat
Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fenton
That was just for me...£70 for the x-ray and £131 for the Med
soon mounts up if you have to do more than one!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.