Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi All

For those of you that dont know my name its Tracey(aussie) and I am married to John(the pom) and we have a 6 year old Ryan(dual).

John and I met on the internet in late 1997 and we chatted for 12 months before John decided to come to Australia for a visit. We went on holiday all the way up the qld coast to cape tribulation for 2 weeks then flew to melbourne for a week and had the other 2 weeks around brissie so a total of 5weeks. While we were on holiday we went to magnetic island off the coast of townsville where on a deserted beach John got down on one knee and proposed and I of course said yes(some people thought we were mad lol). The following May I flew to the UK on a fiancee visa and we got married in the august and we have been married 8 years this august, and the following september Ryan was born.

We have decided that we are sick of the weather and the way the UK is going so its time to go to oz for a change of weather and a better lifestyle for our family. Johns parents have taken 14 months to come round to the fact that we are leaving and then on the other hand my parents are very excited they havent seen us in over 2 years and the rest of my family havent seen us for 5 years so a lot of catching up to do.

Anyway I am sure you are sick of the novel by now so will leave it there.

Tracey x

P.S. See some of you tomorrow.....P.P.S our ages are Me nearly 40, John 37 next month and Ryan 7 in sept
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi All

For those of you that dont know my name its Tracey(aussie) and I am married to John(the pom) and we have a 6 year old Ryan(dual).

John and I met on the internet in late 1997 and we chatted for 12 months before John decided to come to Australia for a visit. We went on holiday all the way up the qld coast to cape tribulation for 2 weeks then flew to melbourne for a week and had the other 2 weeks around brissie so a total of 5weeks. While we were on holiday we went to magnetic island off the coast of townsville where on a deserted beach John got down on one knee and proposed and I of course said yes(some people thought we were mad lol). The following May I flew to the UK on a fiancee visa and we got married in the august and we have been married 8 years this august, and the following september Ryan was born.

We have decided that we are sick of the weather and the way the UK is going so its time to go to oz for a change of weather and a better lifestyle for our family. Johns parents have taken 14 months to come round to the fact that we are leaving and then on the other hand my parents are very excited they havent seen us in over 2 years and the rest of my family havent seen us for 5 years so a lot of catching up to do.

Anyway I am sure you are sick of the novel by now so will leave it there.

Tracey x

P.S. See some of you tomorrow.....P.P.S our ages are Me nearly 40, John 37 next month and Ryan 7 in sept
Ah Tracey that's such a lovely story look forward to meeting you tomorrow
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Can I join please ?

Met my hubby to be 5 years ago via biking. Got together finally 3 years ago, then the bugga upped and left to go to Perth - Doh !!

His dream -hard decision but he had to try. Only we didn't know how much we wanted to stay together at the time so he had to go really and follow his dream despite the pain it caused.

So we ping ponged between here and oz for a while and decided to go for it last year. On the grounds that neither of us wanted to be apart from the other and despite the fact that i'd have to ship us all ( 2 teenagers and a 9 yr old) we've all made a family decision that it's the right thing. I'm so lucky with my kids you know! My eldest 19 hasn't even been yet but is still happy to try.

So me and my 3 kids are headng for Perth at last asap and dica deem it possible, how I wished they'd hurry up as I haven't seen my man for ages

We're getting married in August n I can't wait
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:57 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kristyhans
I
ipom- Hiya! You live in the Blue Mountains now then? I visited there only once when I was about 10 and went on some steep train thingy and then across the mountains in one of ermm things lol I don't know what they're called but it takes you across high and past the sisters. Did any of that make sense? lol probabaly not! - Craazyyy Aussies! lol
Hi Kristy ... Yes, that will have been 'Scenic World' where you went down on the train and came up on the cable car. It's changed a bit since then though the train down scares the pants off me so I don't look. It's pretty much a vertical drop, and though it's safe, I really don't like it. My 4 yr old loved it since we got here, yet last weekend, he realised how it worked and screamed the place down! In future, I'll be going down on the cable car with him.
It's all been redone and has a lovely board walk through the rainforest. If you're ever up this way, let me know and I can get you in for half price (resident perk!)
If you look in my pic link, there are a few shots of a recent trip down there.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk

So me and my 3 kids are headng for Perth at last asap and dica deem it possible, how I wished they'd hurry up as I haven't seen my man for ages

We're getting married in August n I can't wait
Awww, phoenix, what a tale! I hope you'll be very happy together when you finally get over here.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Munchmel will become famous soon enough

So many romantics out there, its great!

I am 37, OH is 39, kids are 13, 12, 9 and 17 months!! (Come August, when we fly out, that'll be 38, 39, 14, 12, 10 and 2!!, we all have August birthdays!)

We also get itchy feet, we have never been in a house more than 2 years....must have spent a fortune on estate agents fees...you'd think we'd learn and just rent!

Melx
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

god - just think of how much the airfares will be with all these kids!! Thats why I want to go before the baby (10 weeks old) gets to the magic age of 2 and is 75% of full fare!

Tracey (pomandozzy) which part of Brissie are you heading for? You know there is another lady on here who met her hubby over the internet (Kristyhans).

Phoenix - was it Perth you went to when you ping ponged? Did your kids like it over there?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RachelH

Phoenix - was it Perth you went to when you ping ponged? Did your kids like it over there?
Yes it was. My OH has been there since Nov 05. The girls have been and they like very much, my son 19 hasn't but is willing to give it a go. Plus he doesn't want to stay here alone. Everyone is quite excited now but we're all in limbo, house sol, container on hold, bits and peices sold, living out of boxes just waiting for our visas.
The first thing they say to me when they come back from college and school - Any news yet ?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Munchmel
So many romantics out there, its great!

I am 37, OH is 39, kids are 13, 12, 9 and 17 months!!

We're both 36, children 10, 7 and 4.

I'm not sure it's to do with age... I think it's all about where you are in your head.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Do defacto spouses count?

I've been in Melbourne for 5 years 12 days although only about a year on a spouse visa. John and I met on the internet when I was 15 and he came to the UK for a 2 year working holiday visa when he left school and then we moved over here a few months after I had finished my A levels.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:24 am
Account Closed

Teliko, you're an old hand at Aus then! 5 years!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:51 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 28 and my OH is 30. No kids yet! OH's sister (in Brissie) has got a little'un though so it'll be good to get to know him a bit better.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:32 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel.......
It was a good idea to start this thread was'nt it? Theres a few of us now and when I first joined it felt like I was the only one!!!!....thank goodness Im not!!!

My family and I are off to a 'West Midlands meet' later today where I will get to meet Tracey (thepomandozzy).......Have a met a 3 others members before but it sounds like theres quite a few going today..... but Im sure it will fine.....C x
Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by RachelH
god - just think of how much the airfares will be with all these kids!! Thats why I want to go before the baby (10 weeks old) gets to the magic age of 2 and is 75% of full fare!

Tracey (pomandozzy) which part of Brissie are you heading for? You know there is another lady on here who met her hubby over the internet (Kristyhans).

John (the Pom) here, tracey is at work so I will answer for her. Were looking at moving to the north side of Brissy - Sangate, Bray Hill or Kallangur (where tracey is from)

Well were off to the midland meet as soon as Tracey gets home from work see some of you soon.......

John
Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:45 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
John (the Pom) here, tracey is at work so I will answer for her. Were looking at moving to the north side of Brissy - Sangate, Bray Hill or Kallangur (where tracey is from)

Well were off to the midland meet as soon as Tracey gets home from work see some of you soon.......

John
Looking forward to seeing your Hawian shirt John............C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.