Snake in the house!

Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:32 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Snake in the house!

Awesome....

After 14 years I might finally get to see a confirmed sighting of a venomous snake not in captivity!

I just got a call from the wife saying theres a 1m (ish) long very dark snake in the house - she nearly trod on it in the corridor and it slithered off into a bathroom where it is now contained with door closed and blocked off with a towel.

Of course theres a possibility that its a hysterical over-reaction - and I'll find its just a green tree snake (we have one who lives in the garden and gets seen every now and then) - but I'm excited!

Cant wait to get home and see whats in store for me! (I'll try and get photos)
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snake in the house!

Wear thick gloves and wellies!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 6:56 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Wear thick gloves and wellies!
its not a sheep
Old Apr 17th 2012, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Here I was thinking this was a thread about a touser snake
Old Apr 17th 2012, 7:14 am

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Bugger!!!

Got home to the news that the snake guy refused to come out unless we had a photo to assist with identification.

I grabbed the camera and sheepishly slid the doer open to the tiny toilet whe the snake had been trapped......
......but the snake was nowhe to be seen

I checked behind the cistern, under the sink, around the light fitting and everywhere imaginable but no snake was found.

There are 3 theories in play:
1) it crawled under the toilet lid and away down the pan. <yuk>
2) it crawled up into the sink and down the plug hole
3) it found a crack beside the sliding door and found a way into the internal wall....and it's somewhere nthe bowels of our house waiting for another day to put in an appearance....

I guess we just wait.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Bugger!!!

Got home to the news that the snake guy refused to come out unless we had a photo to assist with identification.

I grabbed the camera and sheepishly slid the doer open to the tiny toilet whe the snake had been trapped......

I checked behind the cistern, under the sink, around the light fitting and everywhere imaginable but no snake was found.

3) it found a crack beside the sliding door and found a way into the internal wall....and it's somewhere nthe bowels of our house waiting for another day to put in an appearance....

I guess we just wait.

Check in the window ledge, I posted piccys on here of a tree snake in our bathroom, couldnt find it but it was inside still, window ledge, similar to yours (snake that is) 1 M.

This is the thread with snake pic
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752516

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 17th 2012 at 7:59 am.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 7:55 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger!!!

I guess we just wait.
I am astounded the snake catcher refused to come out, i go out no matter what kind of snake it is and assume it is venomous until I see otherwise.

I would still keep your bathroom blocked up because they are sneaky little buggers and can hide and reappear.

When you go into the room, take a step back and do nothing and look/listen and tune in to the surroundings, seriously - you will be surprised what your radar can pick up with regards to safey awareness.

Good luck, hope you find another snake catcher.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Frig, I'd be afraid to sleep in the house tonight unless it was found. I'm surpised too that the snake catcher refused to come out. I mean, isn't that part of his job...venomous or not? Even non-lethal snakes can give a pretty nasty bite if you grab them the wrong way.

This story ranks right up there with our neighbour's "nearly trod on the scorpion in the hallway" one. Eek.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

When I say window ledge, You know the track at the bottom of the window, I mean in there, its only about 1cm wide but thats where it was.

It was Only a tree snake, put him in cardboard box and returned to garden.

Till we found it, was all wearing gumboots or uggs in the house, it was a 35c day too.

Have you a dog or a cat, they will probably get the scent of it?. Our border collies a brilliant snake dog. Found him at 1am one morning trying to sort out an argument between a large carpet snake and a bush rat. He has alerted us to several snakes we wouldnt even have seen.

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 17th 2012 at 8:21 am.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
When I say window ledge, You know the track at the bottom of the window, I mean in there, its only about 1cm wide but thats where it was.

It was Only a tree snake, put him in cardboard box and returned to garden.

Till we found it, was all wearing gumboots or uggs in the house, it was a 35c day too.

Have you a dog or a cat, they will probably get the scent of it?. Our border collies a brilliant snake dog. Found him at 1am one morning trying to sort out an argument between a large carpet snake and a bush rat. He has alerted us to several snakes we wouldnt even have seen.
We had one of those brown tree snakes in the window frame as well. Only saw it when it stuck its head out. It had very distinctive eyes, so easy to identify.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:38 am

Definitely no snake there now - but I've coated the floor with talcum powder so if he moves around there will be tracks!

Dog is useless - she's cute and cuddly but very much a sleeper rather than a defender!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
I am astounded the snake catcher refused to come out, i go out no matter what kind of snake it is and assume it is venomous until I see otherwise.

I would still keep your bathroom blocked up because they are sneaky little buggers and can hide and reappear.

When you go into the room, take a step back and do nothing and look/listen and tune in to the surroundings, seriously - you will be surprised what your radar can pick up with regards to safey awareness.

Good luck, hope you find another snake catcher.
Same here. With WIRES we were lucky to get even a description, more often than not the member of the public was too scared to even go in their house, let alone take a close up...and I don't bloody blame them! Even with a photo they can be tricky to identify, Eastern Browns can sometimes be almost black so identifying from a photo is poor practice...as you said you just treat every snake as venomous and minimise the room for error.

Good luck snake hunting!!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:21 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
its not a sheep

Best response of the year.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Definitely no snake there now - but I've coated the floor with talcum powder so if he moves around there will be tracks!

Dog is useless - she's cute and cuddly but very much a sleeper rather than a defender!

Love the talcum powder idea

I take it you survived the night.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 4:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just met this little fella outside next to the front door which is never used. Saw his head pop up in the ghastly glass (It will get replaced soon please). Just beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails Snake in the house!-18042012256.jpg   Snake in the house!-18042012257.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.