Snake in the house!

Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snake in the house!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-devours-snake

You need one of these bad boys to sort it out for you........
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:28 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Snake has been located and secured!

He showed up, not in the toilet but next door in the bathroom! Wife heard some stuff get knocked over and went to see. With the aid of a pillow case and a cake tub the snake is now trapped in our bathtub.

Turns out he's a beautiful, darkish coloured green tree snake ( very obvious from yellowish underbelly and large eyes )

Photos later... I have a pub I need to be at to celebrate my leaving my job Today
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain

He showed up, not in the toilet but next door in the bathroom! Wife heard some stuff get knocked over and went to see. With the aid of a pillow case and a cake tub the snake is now trapped in our bathtub.

Turns out he's a beautiful, darkish coloured green tree snake ( very obvious from yellowish underbelly and large eyes )

Photos later... I have a pub I need to be at to celebrate my leaving my job Today
Congrats on leaving the job and well done on catching snakey. Hope you have a job to go to
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:38 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, have a beer for me
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Cool

Stick him back in the garden and sleep easy tonight
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas guys?

Friend and daughter staying at a mate's place in Cairns while the woman is away, moved in today, snake in the bathroom tonight. They are very broke, snake catchers have all quoted $70 minimum. Does anyone know anyone in Cairns who can catch the beggar, or does anyone know if the RSPCA orsomeone like that would do it for free?
Failing that its going to have to be my credit card over the phone and there's enough on it.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:08 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Any ideas guys?

Friend and daughter staying at a mate's place in Cairns while the woman is away, moved in today, snake in the bathroom tonight. They are very broke, snake catchers have all quoted $70 minimum. Does anyone know anyone in Cairns who can catch the beggar, or does anyone know if the RSPCA orsomeone like that would do it for free?
Failing that its going to have to be my credit card over the phone and there's enough on it.
Do they have a Dept of Conservation? They normally keep a list of volunteer snake catchers? Bit of a long shot though as many dont work at night.

Would be good if you could help them Polly, they must be terrified.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:16 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Do they have a Dept of Conservation? They normally keep a list of volunteer snake catchers? Bit of a long shot though as many dont work at night.

Would be good if you could help them Polly, they must be terrified.
Dept of Parks & Wildlife should do it up there I think but haven't managed to find a number that doesn't ring out yet (including the one we use for cyclone warnings ) We are just hoping that even though tomorrow is a bank holiday they won't charge extortionate rates if they find someone tomorrow. They certainly sound a lot calmer than I would!!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Dept of Parks & Wildlife should do it up there I think but haven't managed to find a number that doesn't ring out yet (including the one we use for cyclone warnings ) We are just hoping that even though tomorrow is a bank holiday they won't charge extortionate rates if they find someone tomorrow. They certainly sound a lot calmer than I would!!
I don't think anyone will come out for free unless it's a definite 'nasty'. I rang the local wildlife hospital once and all they'd suggest was work out what it was and then call the local guy out who would want a couple of hundred bucks, we knew it was a python so forgot about it but he was outside at the time. Can she nip to a neighbour and ask if anyone is snake friendly? It's one way to meet your neighbours
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wildlifeqld.com.au/Snake_...directory.html

http://www.wildlifeqld.com.au/Snake_...nfomation.html
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

If they cant afford a snake catcher. I have always found the pool leaf scoop a safe and handy way to relocate them.

3 metre long handle, net. With caution and gumboots, long clothes, gloves etc scoop the thing up and tip it back in the garden.

Too easy, well if your not that squeemish with snakes that is
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:18 am
Home and Happy

Thanks We'd phoned all of them , minimum $70.

Originally Posted by jad n rich
If they cant afford a snake catcher. I have always found the pool leaf scoop a safe and handy way to relocate them.

3 metre long handle, net. With caution and gumboots, long clothes, gloves etc scoop the thing up and tip it back in the garden.

Too easy, well if your not that squeemish with snakes that is

I was just texting her my card details when she said she'd got a large tupperware box and a chopping board and trapped it with them Apparently it was very sleepy so she scooped it up and threw the lot in the garden, braver than me, but she said it was that mothering instinct - with her kid in the house the snake had to go
I asked what it looked like but she just said snake-coloured

Thanks for the support guys....hopefully its not a homing-snake!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks We'd phoned all of them , minimum $70.

I was just texting her my card details when she said she'd got a large tupperware box and a chopping board and trapped it with them Apparently it was very sleepy so she scooped it up and threw the lot in the garden, braver than me, but she said it was that mothering instinct - with her kid in the house the snake had to go
I asked what it looked like but she just said snake-coloured

Thanks for the support guys....hopefully its not a homing-snake!
Wow.... She is a braver man than me!!!!!

I know TWO snake catchers now..... My nails lady's husband is licensed and doesnt charge.... I have his number on my fridge... Not that we've seen one apart from the one HE trod on last year... ****wit
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by eddie007
Wow.... She is a braver man than me!!!!!

I know TWO snake catchers now..... My nails lady's husband is licensed and doesnt charge.... I have his number on my fridge... Not that we've seen one apart from the one HE trod on last year... ****wit
Bit far to expect him to go to Cairns for free though I guess
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:40 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I had to read the title again.thought you were boasting you brought a fella home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.