Sick of UK

Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about
Default Sick of UK

Hello. I am sick of this place. I am sick of the weather, sick of all the useless, feckless lumps in society who can't be bothered to work. All the useless young men hanging around the shopping mall in the middle of the day when they should be working. Sick of dog poo round my area and kids hanging about smoking in their designer trainers and tracksuits whilst their parents probably spend their money on fags and beer instead of giving their kids a good diet. I am sick of political correctness where you can get put away for giving a cheeky scoundrel a clip round the ear. I am sick of the suing culture. I am sick of selfish people who park in mother and child spaces just because they want to park right outside the supermarket. I am sick of a society where no one speaks to their neighbours and we all live in our own little boxes with scant regard for anyone else.

I need to escape!! Will Australia give me what I am looking for? Is it a better life? Is it just same old thing wherever you go?

cheer me up. Please!!! Tell me you are standing in your gardens in Oz, having a barbie and the sun is shining. Cold one for me please!!

Sarahxxx
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:28 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sick of UK

the UK in a nutshell - like it.

look, it's not going to be perfect where ever you go, everything you have just mentioned is in OZ, you just have to make the best of things.

but i can promise you that there are people in their gardens, having a barbie and drinking a cold one. it's not much but it does make things a bit more tollerable, least I hope so, not there yet.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with the UK, it's a fab place. So is Aus with all the same problems, sometimes worse, sometimes better, Don't ever run from a place, run to a place and enjoy the experience and the adventure. Everything you think you hate about the UK can be found here. Utopia doesn't exist and would be deathly dull if it did.

I agree about the weather though. Sounds like it's been a fairly rubbish 12 months and I don't do cold weather, makes me ill.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:37 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

You'll still get problems like you have described wherever you go but we have encountered less in Oz than we did in Scotland. It's much easier to relax here too - the weather is so conducive to it.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Sick of UK

yeah, i reckon the weather is responsible for a lot of how we feel. Even being in Scotland is so much different to south coast of England. I have never been in my house as much as this. It's not healthy living in 4 walls all the time. Kids get fed up, I get fed up.

Right, how long does it take to process a spouse visa? I'm coming out!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:57 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

there are the same things in australia but different and not so many but they are there because of the space and defined suburbs they stick to thier own bits so unless you are looking for ferals you won't see them.
the sun shines lots and lots and the sky is much higher in the sky!!!! don't know why. i was on the beach today to watch the sunset it was warm and windy with great big waves (it was heaven) i am lucky to be settled here for ten years so i am biased. there are nice bit's of the UK. the south coast is nice. we live in a bit of a crap world as far as 'society" is concerned. but if you look around you will find some good bits where ever you are.good luck with finding something "good" to enjoy today.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokesy
yeah, i reckon the weather is responsible for a lot of how we feel. Even being in Scotland is so much different to south coast of England. I have never been in my house as much as this. It's not healthy living in 4 walls all the time. Kids get fed up, I get fed up.

About a week for PR if you're married with kids Getting all the info together takes a little longer
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:10 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with others that a lot of what I'm feeling at the moment is totally down to the weather.

This Easter has just been so cold & sleety here, we're all miserable. The Odeon has had all our money this holiday - usually we would be on the beach for the whole of the weekend, this is so depressing.

I'm sure all the problems we associate with the UK can be found to a greater or lesser degree in Oz, it's just that with a better climate & for us a little more money in our back pockets, it just puts you in a better frame of mind to deal with it....

well, that's the theory anyway
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:12 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

in 1997 it took my husband three months from start to finish to get it sorted
it took 8 months all together to sell house and arrive here.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

have to agree with others here, no place is perfect, Oz has lots of probs as well, and I am an aussie who has been to UK many many times, so know both sides of the story. Make sure if you do want to come here, you realise it is no garden of eden. Yes, it is a great place to live, but it does not suit a lot of Brits, they get homesick miss family etc. and end up hating it here. Make sure you do a lot of homework and really do a deep and meaningful with yourselves , will you miss the family, food etc or will you be able to cope with a whole new way of living. Australia does have a different culture to UK, and yes it does include having a bbq in the backyard with drink in hand !!!! Sounds like you are just starting out on plans for a new life, this is a great site to get lots of helpful tips and info, the people here are just amasing. I hope whatever you do you find happiness in either your new home our old
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:16 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

oh word of caution re weather
it was above 35c for two weeks here in adelaide which meant we spent most of the time in the house (but did spend lots of time in the pool too)

so...go to public pool when the weather is cold (my pool is a bit like the public baths with all the friends and kids friends) so just pretend it's your own pool!!!!! sorry i am silly tonight
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:16 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by why
oh word of caution re weather
it was above 35c for two weeks here in adelaide which meant we spent most of the time in the house (but did spend lots of time in the pool too)

so...go to public pool when the weather is cold (my pool is a bit like the public baths with all the friends and kids friends) so just pretend it's your own pool!!!!! sorry i am silly tonight
you may be silly but that actually makes sense!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:21 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
you may be silly but that actually makes sense!
i know quite a few people who hate the hot weather then moan when it's cold in the winter. no pleasing some but hot weather (which i love) is hard to cope with you have to drink all the time and can't go for long walks or do too much outside.so it's much like cold weather. best thing to say is "this weather will change, it will get better and when it does i am going to make the most of it"
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. I am sick of this place. I am sick of the weather, sick of all the useless, feckless lumps in society who can't be bothered to work. All the useless young men hanging around the shopping mall in the middle of the day when they should be working. Sick of dog poo round my area and kids hanging about smoking in their designer trainers and tracksuits whilst their parents probably spend their money on fags and beer instead of giving their kids a good diet. I am sick of political correctness where you can get put away for giving a cheeky scoundrel a clip round the ear. I am sick of the suing culture. I am sick of selfish people who park in mother and child spaces just because they want to park right outside the supermarket. I am sick of a society where no one speaks to their neighbours and we all live in our own little boxes with scant regard for anyone else.

I need to escape!! Will Australia give me what I am looking for? Is it a better life? Is it just same old thing wherever you go?

cheer me up. Please!!! Tell me you are standing in your gardens in Oz, having a barbie and the sun is shining. Cold one for me please!!

Sarahxxx
Hmm, Bank Holiday Monday, rained on and off, grey skies, gloomy day, dark at 6pm, Back to a politically correct office tomorrow to earn nearly enough money to cover this months bills if I'm lucky. Brighton or Brisbane? Same kak, different bucket.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hmm, Bank Holiday Monday, rained on and off, grey skies, gloomy day, dark at 6pm, Back to a politically correct office tomorrow to earn nearly enough money to cover this months bills if I'm lucky. Brighton or Brisbane? Same kak, different bucket.
Brighton PLEASE!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.