Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sick of everyone calling Australia racist.

Sick of everyone calling Australia racist.

Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:35 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick of everyone calling Australia racist.

Originally Posted by Banksia
If Australia was “in denial” as a small number of people with large megaphones are given to repeating, perhaps the accusers should disclose specific instances of the genre. Are minorities routinely lynched? Routinely treated differently in access to education, health care, housing? Routinely subject to mob attacks? Routinely confined to ghettoes?

And if something bad does happen (e.g., Cronulla) what is the community response?
Indigenous Australians and their right to access Alcohol in rural communities. Classic example of racism
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

People don't have to by 'lynched' or experience the other things you listed to be a victim of racism.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steve`o
You really are special

Because it’s better than India which like it or not is still predominantly a third world country
I agree Oz is ranked top in UN index and many more and I do agree India have so many regional and caste issues. It might take good number of years to get rid off

But what we are discussing is racism prevailing in Oz or not.

Dont think there are so many countries have civil wars Somalia/Sudan/Nigeria/DR Congo/Rwanda etc.. so will you compare Oz with those countries

I agree little amount of hate/prejudice will be every where in society towards others community but when it exceeds normal level its leads to worst cases

I travelled and worked good number of countries but till now haven't faced any issues and moreover I didn't practice as well and I do like Oz will give me the same experience

Last edited by helloshivahere; Jan 20th 2010 at 6:01 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:01 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
I agree Oz is ranked top in UN index and many more and I do agree India have so many regioanl and caste issues. It might take good number of years to get rid off

But what we are discussing is racism prevaling in Oz or not.

Dont think there are so mnay countries have civil wars somalia/sudan/Nigeria/DR Congo/Rwanda etc.. so will you compare Oz with those countries

I agree little amount of hate/prejudice will be every where in society towards others community because but when it exceeeds normal level its leads to worst case like civil wars/genocide etc..

I travelled and worked good number of countries but till now haven't faced any issues and moreover I didnt practice as well and I do like Oz will give me the same experience
what are you babbling on about ??

i answerd the following question
IF its such a racist country then why are Indians the largest or second largest immigrant group

and my answer was
Because it’s better than India which like it or not is still predominantly a third world country

where do sudan etc come in to it??
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:12 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
8 generations through every strand you can go back? Once you get to the 8th generation you are talking about being able to account for 500 different direct relations that contribute to your bloodline going back over 200 years. That's impressive! I can go back to the 1500s but only down one strand
All the ones we know of are from the British Isles anyway. Down all strands, obviously not, but down a couple that were easily traced. We barely needed to 'trace' them at all, as they were within the families written history. Eight generations sounds a lot, but its not really. We have five generations alive at the moment.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:28 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Right, that's it! I'm taking you lingerie shopping. How does Victoria's Secret sound?
Oh yes please, I like red ones - that is my favourite colour.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Indigenous Australians and their right to access Alcohol in rural communities. Classic example of racism
It is, of course, far better, after years of experience with liberalised drinking practices in remote communities with minimal police resources to let them beat their womenfolk senseless on the grounds it is politically incorrect to take any preventive measures.

Guilty, Your Honour. That's like the canard guns don't kill people, people do.

Another example maybe?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

*** Deleted
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:19 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Another example maybe?
Proposed only, sure. But how did it ever get aired as a proposal?????!!!!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...19/1956143.htm
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Break down the "Offenders" heritage.
Yeah thought so,can't mention Somalian,Pacific Islanders etc attacking Indians.
Thats rascist.
So,by the way,these sexual assualts against women-please break down the origin of the offenders.
Reckon its Rascist White Aussies...........
Get your facts right before you get all smug.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:01 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boots
Break down the "Offenders" heritage.
Yeah thought so,can't mention Somalian,Pacific Islanders etc attacking Indians.
Thats rascist.
So,by the way,these sexual assualts against women-please break down the origin of the offenders.
Reckon its Rascist White Aussies...........
Get your facts right before you get all smug.
Sorry...that was just a noise.

Please come back when you have grasped the concept of how to structure a sentence.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

The poster who posed the thought about no grog on Aboriginal settlements being racist. This is not correct the elders decide that they do not want grog brought in because of the trouble it causes. My family lived in the Kimberly for many years and know all about the problems with grog.

I have said it before the things people call racism today are not racist they are discriminatory, racism is when you cannot sit on the a seat, have a special area on the bus to sit, cannot access certain shops, do not go in the same part of the hospital, go to separate schools, yes I know about it I spent some of my formative years living with Apartheid.

Discrimination works all ways. You cannot make people like people whoever they are. All that can be done is for us to not discriminate against difference. This means everyone whatever race they are.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Proposed only, sure. But how did it ever get aired as a proposal?????!!!!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...19/1956143.htm
This is a variation on the previous example and I guess this makes Noel Pearson a racist too. It would be nice to see Tom Calma take a bit more responsibility when it comes to the safety of the aboriginal women and children he should be representing, not to mention the long term health of the people he professes to lobby for.

The lofty ideals of discrimination, free speech etc., as concepts can cause more harm than good when the principles are applied without qualification rather than on their merits. Hence the rejection of an Australian Bill or Rights at a (somewhat) recent referendum.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:24 am
I'm Old Gregg!

This is a variation on the previous example and I guess this makes Noel Pearson a racist too.
Why? Because it is the same victims? One is about alcohol and the other is about welfare payments. Totally different.

It would be nice to see Tom Calma take a bit more responsibility when it comes to the safety of the aboriginal women and children he should be representing, not to mention the long term health of the people he professes to lobby for.

The lofty ideals of discrimination, free speech etc., as concepts can cause more harm than good when the principles are applied without qualification rather than on their merits. Hence the rejection of an Australian Bill or Rights at a (somewhat) recent referendum.
Some would argue that the entire stolen generation episode was well meaning too, doesn't mean it wasn't racial discrimination though
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:28 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

India is a shithole,i would rather live in Perth,but only just.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.