Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sick of everyone calling Australia racist.

Wikiposts

Sick of everyone calling Australia racist.

Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:02 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick of everyone calling Australia racist.

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Australia has a smiliarlity to Ireland when it comes to racism. Irish people (speaking generally, as thats what we're all doing here) are racist but its more of a behind their back sort of chicken way out. Its definitely one of the reasons I left. I didnt leave expecting to find a racist free country. But I was aware of how much more honest Australians are in the sense of they do it to your face. Irish people will claim that racist slurs are simply attempts at cracking a joke with no harm meant. Australians are the same. But have the guts to do it to your face. If I have to respect one method, it would be the Australian way.
Yer Aus passport is in the post
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Every week there are attacks on the asian/polish community from loyalist british thugs in the North of Ireland,even to the point of 'ethnic cleansing' style attacks,but unfortunately we have kid fiddling priests to keep them from the front page.Thankfully these thugs see themselves as 'British' not IRISH.

Well done

That has really helped this thread hasn't it
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:03 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
Well done

That has really helped this thread hasn't it
Does the truth hurt
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Does the truth hurt

I couldn't comment as I have no knowledge of these so called attacks or ethnic cleansing that you alledge is happening on a weekly basis.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:09 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by jond
I couldn't comment as I have no knowledge of these so called attacks or ethnic cleansing that you alledge is happening on a weekly basis.
That's good cause i do
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:13 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
l'm fed up with Americans, British and Inidans and everyone else calling Australia a racist country, most of those who say OZ is racist are totally thick and know nothing about OZ, or their own history and all the racist crimes and racist treatment they have handed out their own people and others.
For example some Americans going on about how we stole the land from the Aboriginies, how do they think they got America did the Native Indians invite them over there.
Don't be so bloody ridiculous!!!

Last Australia Day, I had an Aussie guy tell me that Aboriginal people should go back to their own country - Oh dear, that isnt racist at all is it, not to mention taking the boundaries of stupidity to a new level.

Or witnessing a bus driver call an Aboriginal child of about 5 years old a 'black ****' when he got on the bus without his Mum who was trying to organise her shopping bags.

Or being myself and my friend told to '**** off back to England' - that isn't racist is it?

Racism goes on in all countries so please do not call those of us that have witnessed racism in Australia thick and claim we don't know anything about Australia.

And please do not bleat on about history either, I have knickers older than the suburb I live in. If you are going to start a thread like this, please make it more balanced.

You have made yourself look completely stupid and while I am at it, whilst I do not like the behaviour of some of the Indigenous people, it does not make what happened to them in the past acceptable and yes, when it comes to Aboriginals - many of the people here are extremely racist to the point it beggars belief.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

In my opinion the initital comment is absolutely ridiculous.

There are many racist Australians, just like there are many racist and ignorant people in every country.. For every insightful and intelligent "coming to our country, taking our jobs and our women" ignorant idiot you have the misfortune to have to listen to in Australia, you'll get one equally as eloquent idiot spouting s***e in the UK, Ireland, the US and any other country I can ever remember visiting.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:46 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Read the online Indian newpapers just about every day theres some new headline article about how racist Australia is and how they want to boycott the OZ cricket team and so on , still theres record numbers of Inidans immigrating to OZ. IF its such a racist country then why are Indians the largest or second largest immigrant group.

Last edited by mohogony; Jan 19th 2010 at 3:52 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Read the online Indian newpapers just about every day theres some new headline article about how racist Australia is and how they want to boycott the OZ cricket team and so on , still theres record numbers of Inidans immigrating to OZ. IF its such a racist country then why are Indians the largest or second largest immigrant group.
Being just trendy?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

Because maybe individuals can make up their own minds if they would like to emigrate to a country or not and don't make major life decisions because of newspaper headlines?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Australia with its 'racism' provides more opportunities than India with its caste system? Obviously the latter isn't at all racist.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Yer Aus passport is in the post
Suits me
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:21 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have knickers older than the suburb I live in.
Right, that's it! I'm taking you lingerie shopping. How does Victoria's Secret sound?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
1)Can someone tell me a country where there is no racism?

2)Australia is not racist it does however contain racists, but so does every country.
1) In answer to the question - no.

2) In response to the comment - I agree.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

l'm fed up with Americans, British and Inidans and everyone else calling Australia a racist country, most of those who say OZ is racist are totally thick and know nothing about OZ, or their own history and all the racist crimes and racist treatment they have handed out their own people and others.
For example some Americans going on about how we stole the land from the Aboriginies, how do they think they got America did the Native Indians invite them over there.
Oh dear...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.