Shark Cull Begins

Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:39 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shark Cull Begins

Originally Posted by Grayling
Sharks have always come inshore.....that is why beach fishing for them has always been a popular sport. No matter how many you kill others will always follow because that is wher they have always hunted.

Much of the difference now is increased surveillance....they have always been there.

One of the most dangerous sharks are Bull sharks and they will be in most rivers in their thousands.....plenty are caught in the middle of Brisbane...you will not change anything by killing a few.

Grayling, I was just wondering if they have employed shark-catcher, Vic Hislop? If he had his way ALL species of sharks would be exterminated. I know how he feels about sharks because he actually told me that when I visited his shark exhibit at Hervey Bay years ago.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Sharks have always come inshore.....that is why beach fishing for them has always been a popular sport. No matter how many you kill others will always follow because that is wher they have always hunted.

Much of the difference now is increased surveillance....they have always been there.

One of the most dangerous sharks are Bull sharks and they will be in most rivers in their thousands.....plenty are caught in the middle of Brisbane...you will not change anything by killing a few.
The bulls..yes, sort of pushed aside for the glamour of the White Pointer.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Grayling, I was just wondering if they have employed shark-catcher, Vic Hislop? If he had his way ALL species of sharks would be exterminated. I know how he feels about sharks because he actually told me that when I visited his shark exhibit at Hervey Bay years ago.
He is a bit of a self publicist who has created his own agenda and played up to public fears.....sharks are not exactly difficult to catch.

This hysteria will probably not last long but the damage could be extensive.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
The bulls..yes, sort of pushed aside for the glamour of the White Pointer.
There are probably up to 10000 in the Brisbane river alone in the summer and many many more in Moreton bay....but they don't quite have the same shock value as great whites, probably because they are smaller...yet they are just as dangerous.

....and they are probably in every river system
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:48 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all for sharing the ocean with the sharks but when they go about chomping of surfers they need to be shown who's boss. I'm sure if sharks started walking down our streets we wouldn't all be taking bites out of them..
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by TGA
I'm all for sharing the ocean with the sharks but when they go about chomping of surfers they need to be shown who's boss. I'm sure if sharks started walking down our streets we wouldn't all be taking bites out of them..
We already do though....they are sold in Chip shops as Flake
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:50 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

He is a bit of a self publicist who has created his own agenda and played up to public fears.....sharks are not exactly difficult to catch.

This hysteria will probably not last long but the damage could be extensive.
Yeh, I got the impression that he was a wally.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:52 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitzenpces
It's much more than a couple of swimmers being attacked - it's 11 people killed by sharks in WA since 2000.

Although surfers generally appear to accept the risk of sharks, the last death 2 months ago seemed to change surfers' attitudes around to wanting a cull. Many surfers are not that far out from shore and some of these attacks have happened in fairly shallow water. Diving for recreation or work is a high risk activity and contact with sharks would be expected. You don't expect sharks to come in so close to shore and affecting people going down the beach for a swim or surf.

The shark situation in the Perth metro area has got ridiculous with the number of shark alarms going off and beaches being closed. Three days ago several Perth beaches were closed because a 4 metre great white had been spotted 60 metres offshore.

Kill them and use for food, don't know if great whites are good for eating, though.
So you advocate wiping out sharks? Its no good killing 10 or 100 or even 1000 because more will take their place, obviously because that is where THEY live, it is THEIR natural habitat. If I went swimming in a river that was known to have crocodiles in it I wouldnt then complain if one attacked me. Should we try to wipe out jellyfish, octopus, Stone Fish from the water? Why stop there, snakes are no good for anything, why protect them just kill them.
Australia has a woeful record when it comes to wildlife protection and extinctions and it is this sort of attitude responsible for this.
Sharks have always hunted close to shore, its nothing new. Unless someone has lived all their lives in a cave they will be aware that there are animals that can kill them in the sea. Thankfully it seems most appear to be against this 'cull'. Maybe we should shoot all the horses as many many more die riding them every year.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by chris955
So you advocate wiping out sharks? Its no good killing 10 or 100 or even 1000 because more will take their place, obviously because that is where THEY live, it is THEIR natural habitat. If I went swimming in a river that was known to have crocodiles in it I wouldnt then complain if one attacked me. Should we try to wipe out jellyfish, octopus, Stone Fish from the water? Why stop there, snakes are no good for anything, why protect them just kill them.
Australia has a woeful record when it comes to wildlife protection and extinctions and it is this sort of attitude responsible for this.
Sharks have always hunted close to shore, its nothing new. Unless someone has lived all their lives in a cave they will be aware that there are animals that can kill them in the sea. Thankfully it seems most appear to be against this 'cull'. Maybe we should shoot all the horses as many many more die riding them every year.
.....and cull planes, cars and motorbikes, as so many die and are maimed each year.......
Old Jan 27th 2014, 10:56 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
.....and cull planes, cars and motorbikes, as so many die and are maimed each year.......
Exactly, 1 person a year is killed by sharks and they become an easy target by the media whore Premier.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 11:00 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Yes! I'm up for killing all snakes!! anything that moves on land that has no legs is evil and has no place on this earth.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 11:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

My son has been a diver for years....they have always accepted that sharks are around and carry electric deterrents to keep them away.

He used to dive in South Australia where the great whites breed and they never had any real dramas that were not accepted as part of the territory of diving in those waters.

This whole thing is a political publicity stunt and those concerned should be ashamed
Old Jan 27th 2014, 11:05 pm
Banned

Rhino's too, seriously the quicker they are wiped out the better. Elephants, what have elephants ever done for good of humanity? Get rid of them all. All this fuss about Whales, most of them just just swim around eating plankton, woopie.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 11:06 pm
Banned

My son has been a diver for years....they have always accepted that sharks are around and carry electric deterrents to keep them away.

He used to dive in South Australia where the great whites breed and they never had any real dramas that were not accepted as part of the territory of diving in those waters.

This whole thing is a political publicity stunt and those concerned should be ashamed
A politician ashamed, cant really see that happening.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by TGA
Yes! I'm up for killing all snakes!! anything that moves on land that has no legs is evil and has no place on this earth.
So by that statement you are saying that if a person or animal has no legs, they are evil and have no place on earth? I think you need to rethink what you have written, or at least start with self-promoting politicians as they are lower than a snakes belly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.