Running Club

Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:07 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Running Club

Yes, this is almost as bad as the mooncup thread for too much information....
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Yes, this is almost as bad as the mooncup thread for too much information....
LOL You called?

Oh well, seeing as Im here, I'd better participate.

I've kind of lost my running mojo - was on the treadmill 3 x a week for 40 mins and outside once or twice a week.....not a serious runner at all, but all part of my weight-loss and fitness improvement. (Along with 3 spin classes a week etc...lost approx 35lbs...)

I'm based in the USA for 3 months, no access to gym....am only running once or twice a week, for 45 mins....... I need some encouragement, so i guess I'll stick around
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

I love to go running early when all the lorrikeets, cockatoos and kookaburras are just starting their morning gob-off and shift around,(where do they go?)
Don't go by distance, I go by time which was an hour and 5 mins last Sunday and still got back before anyone got up, including the sun, hate running with the Brissie sun beating down, which means 5.30am runs mid summer...can't wait
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=briwi;5106187]I love running forums - you always end up discussing things that other people would be completely horrified by as normal fact: ie bleeding nipples -other examples - black toenails (got one of those at the moment), lost toenails and the infamous farmers blow (if you don't know what that is yet, all I'm going to say is - cold weather, sniffy nose, no tissues, you do what you have to do!!!!).

You forgot Runners' Trots!
Not nice, believe me
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Ok, well I just did a 4k run to the lookout and back... just as a gentle warm up after yesterday ...

It's very nice having Lance Armstrong in my ear ... that was fun.

Great to get the feedback... I was trying to up my pace a little towards the end but couldn't.
Me likey!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:41 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Ok, well I just did a 4k run to the lookout and back... just as a gentle warm up after yesterday ...

Great to get the feedback... I was trying to up my pace a little towards the end but couldn't.
Me likey!
what's Lance got to do with it? was he breathing down the back of your neck too?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Me likey!
Wow - were you listening to a podcast?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gedge
what's Lance got to do with it? was he breathing down the back of your neck too?
No, I was way in front of him...

He speaks my updates in my ear as I run.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Wow - were you listening to a podcast?
No, I have the Nike running kit to add to my iPod, and a sensor on my shoe to track my distance and pace....

I think there's links to it earlier on in the thread.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, I was way in front of him...

He speaks my updates in my ear as I run.
A-ha! I need to get up-to-date with my technology, me thinks!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
A-ha! I need to get up-to-date with my technology, me thinks!
what's wrong with a pair of trainers, shorts, old tee and humming a tune to yourself as you run
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:45 am
Account Closed

what's wrong with a pair of trainers, shorts, old tee and humming a tune to yourself as you run
Nothing at all, dear heart.

But now I have iPod on, transmitter attached to bottom of iPod, gadget on foot, camel-pak for water on back (1.5litres), hat, and sunglasses.... phone and inhaler in the camel-pak pocket.

I am Gadget Girl!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:55 am

Nothing at all, dear heart.

But now I have iPod on, transmitter attached to bottom of iPod, gadget on foot, camel-pak for water on back (1.5litres), hat, and sunglasses.... phone and inhaler in the camel-pak pocket.

I am Gadget Girl!
go go gadget girl
at least it gives me a weight advantage plus it takes me all of about 2 minutes to get ready and out the door
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:59 am
Account Closed

go go gadget girl
at least it gives me a weight advantage plus it takes me all of about 2 minutes to get ready and out the door
I think without all the kit, you'd still have a weight advantage over me...

Blimey... muscles worse hit are hip abductors... I think that's what they're called... and my really lower abdominal muscles... (3 c-sections - not kind to abs)
I guess they're responsible for helping lift the legs...

Anyone do any other exercise here, apart from running? Weights? Eliptical? Crunches?

I think I need some crunches to strenghten ab area before the 14k run.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anyone do any other exercise here, apart from running? Weights? Eliptical? Crunches?
I go to spin classes 3 times a week, karate once a week, occasional body pump and aerobics..... are you still mountain biking? You're in such a great part of the world for biking and for cross-country running

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.