Running Club

Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:56 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running Club

Originally Posted by iPom
Running...just got in... knackered... asthma... inhaler... could have walked it faster....

10.7ks in an hour and 50....

Holy crap ... still the distance is what counts, right? Got asthma half way through and phoned other half who bought inhaler out to me in the car so I could finish.

Now, look... what and when do you eat before you run?

I can't eat and run... it totally drains my energy.
Blimey iP, well done for running 10.7ks! Not surprised you were knackered! Especially on an empty stomach.

I can't run too soon after eating otherwise I get stitches. I usually have something like fruit (banana and grapes) covered in yoghurt before I run, but then have to leave at least 2 hours before running. If I run at lunchtime I try and have a late breakfast and then not eat until after I've run (and then I wolf down my lunch!).
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:34 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Blimey iP, well done for running 10.7ks! Not surprised you were knackered! Especially on an empty stomach.

Thank you... I'm pleased I did the 10 ... It's a bit of a mental milestone... If I can do 10 a little more comfortably, then I can certainly do 14.

Well I try eating but it just makes me feel heavy and I have no energy...

I can't run too soon after eating otherwise I get stitches. I usually have something like fruit (banana and grapes) covered in yoghurt before I run, but then have to leave at least 2 hours before running. If I run at lunchtime I try and have a late breakfast and then not eat until after I've run (and then I wolf down my lunch!).
I always do the banana thing... I'm wondering how to handle the C2S.. it starts at 9am.
I might have to think about spending the night in Sydney before the race, or I'm going to have to leave here at ridiculous o'clock...

Hmmmmm.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I prefer to run in the morning and run to work, so I don't have anything until I get there. Fortunately my wife & I work at the same place so she takes my clothes and food for me. I normally have a load of fruit when I get there.

I think you are supposed to leave it an hour or two between eating and running. If I do a lunch time run, I wait until I come back, then eat.

10.7 with an asthma attack is good iPom... well done for finishing. I would have just got a lift back. Has your thingy turned up yet?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you... I'm pleased I did the 10 ... It's a bit of a mental milestone... If I can do 10 a little more comfortably, then I can certainly do 14.

Well I try eating but it just makes me feel heavy and I have no energy...

I always do the banana thing... I'm wondering how to handle the C2S.. it starts at 9am.
I might have to think about spending the night in Sydney before the race, or I'm going to have to leave here at ridiculous o'clock...

Hmmmmm.
I know mine was only 10k, but I ate loads of pasta the night before.... it was horrible, but that was my own fault for not making the effort with it. You would probably be OK to have something to eat if you got up early enough. What about a bowl of porridge, that's what I had on race day.

Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by briwi
I'm in Sydney CBD so spend my time going in circles around Darling Harbour as my normal route
When I see someone running round Darling Harbour now, I'm going to think it's you... If you see a tourist giving you a funny grin in about a months time, it's probably me Don't worry though, all the runners will be getting the same stupid grin
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Has your thingy turned up yet?

No it hasn't turned up and I am so looking forward to hearing the encouraging voices in my ears... It will really help I think... (I hope)

I'm worried that it might compete with the voices I already hear though...

Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:45 am
Account Closed

I know mine was only 10k, but I ate loads of pasta the night before.... it was horrible, but that was my own fault for not making the effort with it. You would probably be OK to have something to eat if you got up early enough. What about a bowl of porridge, that's what I had on race day.

Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about
When I carb load, it doesn't actually help me at all.

It just makes me feel heavy... and I'm heavy enough!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:46 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to run in the morning and run to work, so I don't have anything until I get there. Fortunately my wife & I work at the same place so she takes my clothes and food for me.
Like David Cameron riding to work but having his car carry his briefcase and suit driving behind him?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:47 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

No it hasn't turned up and I am so looking forward to hearing the encouraging voices in my ears... It will really help I think... (I hope)

Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

and I'm heavy enough!
Bet I can beat you there

I didn't think it would help, but I did seem to have more energy.... of course that could just be the atmosphere and the adrenalin
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Like David Cameron riding to work but having his car carry his briefcase and suit driving behind him?

Clever cars these days eh....
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Wonder how encouraging it will feel when she says "Half way point. Seven kilometres to go"
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:08 am
Account Closed

Bet I can beat you there

Bet you can't.

I've lost 63lb and I still have more to go... maybe another 20?

I've spent most of my life in the gym and even at my thinnest (size 12 UK), I was still heavier than most blokes I knew... BIG muscle mass.

I have to keep reminding myself that 6 months ago I couldn't run 1k, never mind 10, so this is good progress. It's easy to get trapped in the 'I'm not doing enough' camp...
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:09 am
Account Closed

Wonder how encouraging it will feel when she says "Half way point. Seven kilometres to go"

Well that'll be three less than I ran today....

I was bought up on miles, so K's are a bit of an anathema to me... which is a good thing.

Oh, I have worked out it's best to look down at the road rather than ahead of you at the massive hill you're half way up...

Last edited by iPom; Jul 25th 2007 at 9:12 am.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Hmmmmmm, and whilst we're here, let's talk about jogger's nipple...

Anyone tape up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.