Room 101

Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:05 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Room 101

So who's up for gedge's Room 101?
You'll need to bring 3 pet hates, and a good argument why I should let you put them in my Room 101. If I deem your argument worthy then the door opens and in goes your item.

Most things will be considered, i'll let you know as we go where the line is drawn. Please refrain from nominating other posters, or you may end up in the room yourself. Remember that you need to provide a good argument for an item to be considered for banishing. Audience participation is encouraged, but my decision is final.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:22 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101

estate agents
politicians
and "ambulance chasing law firms"

havent decided yet which of the above three is the most useless to society
can we rap the lot up together and drop them in your bottomless pit?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:27 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

O.K a bit difficult to find anything major as "it's all good"
I'll be Guinea pig though:
1) Women in supermarkets that just disengage their brains and walk around like they've been lobotomised. Wake up to yourself make a list and just buy what's on the list it's easy and takes minutes not hours, there's no need to look at every product you'll still buy the same as last week.

2) Jobsworth's Aghh I don't care if that meal doesn't come with that drink or those veg that's what I want and I'm the customer I'll pay the bloody difference just put the food on the plate I'm hungry now.

3) People who post while they're pissed . Round them up put them in a field and bomb the B*s*a*d*. It's not an excuse to say something you wouldn't have the courage to say sober. Nor is an excuse to use when you've said something offensive to another poster. I've far more respect for someone who has the balls to say it how it is and accept the flack attributed to their comments than someone who seeks strength and solace in the bottom of a wine bottle.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:34 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

BMW Drivers
Phil Collins
Unnecessary public mourning

I would explain each, but really, is it necessary?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:35 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
BMW Drivers
Phil Collins
Unnecessary public mourning

I would explain each, but really, is it necessary?
Nope I think we get the picture
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by steve`o
estate agents
politicians
and "ambulance chasing law firms"

havent decided yet which of the above three is the most useless to society
can we rap the lot up together and drop them in your bottomless pit?
you'll need to give me some reasons for them all individually
after all they do all serve some purpose
some specifics might help your case
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

People who buy houses without garages then stick cones outside the front of their houses to stop people parking legally.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
People who buy houses without garages then stick cones outside the front of their houses to stop people parking legally.
Random Thought: Is there a shop out there where you can buy the cones or are they all nicked?

I mean, who hasn't got a couple stashed away ... we inherited two with our house.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:52 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Ok...here are my major pet hates.........for today anyway!!

1. Job applications to a selection criteria

2. Job applications to a selection criteria

3. Job applications to a selection criteria

Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

3 pet hates

1. Piggin, scum, sh*t burglars who think they have the right to enter someone's property and steal stuff because they want to. How much reason or argument do you want

2. Cockroaches - now someone environmental will probably argue but perleease, what are they here for? what purpose do they serve? what do they bring to humanity?

3. Cold Calling Anthing Sellers - Not been bothered here yet but does anyone actually say yes to these people
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57

3) People who post while they're pissed . Round them up put them in a field and bomb the B*s*a*d*. It's not an excuse to say something you wouldn't have the courage to say sober. Nor is an excuse to use when you've said something offensive to another poster. I've far more respect for someone who has the balls to say it how it is and accept the flack attributed to their comments than someone who seeks strength and solace in the bottom of a wine bottle.
Not to sure how you could be upset by this. It's pretty natural really, quite often these days, with the crap thats on TV etc. The net and for some this BBS is probably the main form of electronic entertainment in their lives. Pretty natural to come home from the pub, after having a few, and having a bit of a raucous time. It hardly ever affects anyone badly, and is probably just the same as a bit of a banter with ones freinds. In fact some people are more entertaining when pissed than sober... Sad but true.

For the main part, it'll be the person that posted pissed that feels the worse about it the next day anyway.... so let the conscience do the work.

Can't argue with your other points though.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:06 am

1) Women in supermarkets that just disengage their brains and walk around like they've been lobotomised. Wake up to yourself make a list and just buy what's on the list it's easy and takes minutes not hours, there's no need to look at every product you'll still buy the same as last week.

2) Jobsworth's Aghh I don't care if that meal doesn't come with that drink or those veg that's what I want and I'm the customer I'll pay the bloody difference just put the food on the plate I'm hungry now.

1) But this fills a gap in their day between the mind numbing day-time tv shows and the tedium of cooking and cleaning? Perhaps you choose the wrongtime to go to the supermarket? I know not to visit on a Monday morning when all the pensioners are stocking up on liver and onions for the week.

2) Certain jobsworths have some value, others know no better. So we can't have put them all in. They are "just doing their job" which is usually a job that few would do by choice. Perhaps a little more understanding and patience is required from you.

3) If we breath tested all posters and banished the inebriated ones, we'd probably have a very empty forum. Certain aspects are objectionable, like those you've raised, but what about the happy drunks? They add to the colour and flavour of the forum imo.

like you said nothing "major"
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate hate hate self righteous people!

Peddle your silly high horse morals somewhere else because no one is interested. I don't care how much better you think you are, and I'm pretty sure that my dad could kick your dad's arse

Good enough??
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
3 pet hates

3. Cold Calling Anthing Sellers - Not been bothered here yet but does anyone actually say yes to these people
Yehp.... Luckily for the salesman I was home sick, and had some time up my sleeve.... turned out he was a represenative for Victoria Energy... with a proven 7pct saving on gas and electricty bills... when I realised what he was saying was fair dinkum... I couldn't think of a reason not to sign up.IE: they guarantee their bills will be 7pct cheaper than any other supplier no if's or buts.

7 pct in my case equated to about 210 bucks in my sky rocket per year...or 24 days or thereabouts free gas and electricty per year.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 11th 2006 at 4:14 am.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL! I didn't know we shopped at the same supermarket. Sorry if I've floated into your trolley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.