Robin Williams

Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Robin Williams

Looks like many aussies thought it was a funny line too..

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1225848770895
The US comedian, speaking on Fox FM's Hamish and Andy show, said his comments were an interpretation of Aussie accents, which combined the rounded English and drawling American sounds.

Williams said he was shocked the Prime Minister had taken offence.

"The bottom line is I said that line on stage in Sydney and they didn't have a problem," he said.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Could'nt disagree with you more.I've never found the bloke remotely funny.
RW puts on stupid voices etc etc etc ....not funny !
I am with you on this one. Most of the films he has been in are boring too. Saying that K Rudd has over reacted and has made himself look stupid.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 1:45 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I thought that RW comments hit the nail on the head-it was hilarious-bang on ha ha. KRudd just looks like a total loser...
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

It was a joke but this situation personifies how the Aussies are ( my OH & his family included) they can hand out the racsism but cannot accept it. Mr Rudd as leader of Australia should have behaved like a man , turned the other cheek and ignored it.Unfortunately he chose to slur the inhabitants of Alabama. Very mature!!!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 2:13 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
It was a joke but this situation personifies how the Aussies are ( my OH & his family included) they can hand out the racsism but cannot accept it. Mr Rudd as leader of Australia should have behaved like a man , turned the other cheek and ignored it.Unfortunately he chose to slur the inhabitants of Alabama. Very mature!!!!!!!
Actually in GQ Magazine this issue there was a survey of which prejudice do you think the average Australian man is MOST guilty of in 2010.

Results :

39% Racism
23% Homophobia
13% Religious Intolerance
13% Sexism
7% Classism
3% Political prejudice
2% Agism

Frankly I would have to agree. The average Queenslander is, to which Mr Rudd is would like to think he is *cough*, summed up pretty much by that imo. Racist undertones stalk the streets of suburbia in Brisbane for sure.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I thought it ws pretty funny too - Williams is a funny guy.
Agreed. He's eccentric for sure and incredibly clever and funny!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:34 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just impressed that his Sydney audience got the Darwin reference
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:44 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmralston
I am with you on this one. Most of the films he has been in are boring too. Saying that K Rudd has over reacted and has made himself look stupid.
Its his stand up comedy routines i really dont find funny.Looks like we're in the minority though
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:26 am
Just Joined

pachanga is an unknown quantity at this point

RW is very funny sometimes. I found it funny what he said about Australians. It was only a joke. He likes to joke about anything. Can't string a serious sentence together. That's not so funny.

K.Rudd shouldn't have answered the question. Why do journalists have to ask so many dumb questions?

Last edited by pachanga; Apr 2nd 2010 at 9:28 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:33 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wilgar
It was a joke but this situation personifies how the Aussies are ( my OH & his family included) they can hand out the racsism but cannot accept it.
RW said aussies laughed at the same joke when used in Australia..
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:23 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by copa
RW said aussies laughed at the same joke when used in Australia..
I'm sure they did. How does Rodney Rude compare to Chubby Brown?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:47 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually watched RW on Letterman that night. Unusual for me as I loathe Letterman, to the point that when the show starts I turn the T.V off regardless. That particular night as the baldie twat's band played the intro & the voice over guy does the Heeeeeeeereeeeeeeesssss Daviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid......... I said to Deb "Not on my T.V"
Deb replied "Robbie Williams is on tonight, I want to watch it!"
On a loser, I stayed at the Computer while she watched. Wasn't long before the penny dropped & she groaned that it wasn't Robbie Williams [fat dancer] but Robin ha ha Williams comedy genius
"I'll watch this as he's a funny guy" Says I
Deb sat through it & neither of us found anything offensive or racist just funny Williams stuff
Krudd is a wet blanket, for a local Sunshine Coast boy he's a bit of a knob
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:42 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mohogony
He is 110 years out of date, OZ become an Independant country in 1901 and Aussies were no longer English then, many were Irish, scots and Welsh anyway. The term redneck is an American invention, Americans are the Rednecks.
Even the High Court of Australia won't put independence before 1920.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:44 am
Account Closed

I think it's fair to say that Aussies are like English rednecks. They don't like being the butt of the joke either but they sure like to give it out.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Its his stand up comedy routines i really dont find funny.Looks like we're in the minority though
I'm with you. He can be funny sometimes but at others it's just painful waiting for something funny which may or may not arrive.