Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Reasons for emigrating?

Reasons for emigrating?

Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:36 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons for emigrating?

Because life is an adventure
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

We were at the stage in our lives when we felt like doing something different. Came out on holiday, loved it, checked out work, no probs so.... emigrated. Why not give it a try.

Donna & Neil
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Tricky one.

We left (England) already 8 years ago (to Germany). Nobody from the family is particularly unhappy in Germany. We have two (fluent German speaking) children, a well paid job and a nice comfortable lifestyle.

However.......

Ever since a holiday three years ago - Australia has been in my head. We nearly moved two years ago (to Perth) but pulled out at the last minute for various reasons (see my historical threads if you want to know). At the time is was the right decision not to go.

Now I have been offered a job in Sydney (which I have accepted) and we will move at the beginning of January. Is it the right decision? who knows - but as the saying goes "I would rather regret the things I did than regret the things I didn't do". We will rent for two years and see how we like it and if we don't we can a) Come back, b) Go somewhere else.

Of course its a risk and financially we will be (slightly) worse off. But we won't be poor and our lives will be richer.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:00 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Reasons for emigrating?

Originally Posted by Bushman
This has probably been done before, but its still fun. lets have your honest reasons for leaving the UK.
to arm wrestle enormous spiders with tattoos..