Brissy CBD parking

Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:12 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brissy CBD parking

Got to go meet an agent in Brissy CBD tomorrow, and thought I'd give it go at driving in ( 9.30ish, leaving 1.30ish ). Meeting by garden point,.

Any idea on where to park, and if the traffic will be ok at those times ?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brissy CBD parking

How about Parklands on the South Bank?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Depends where your meeting is but theres a multi-story on Mary Street.....about 17 floors of it I think! You should be able to get a space near the top somewhere. With those times you wont be eligible for 'Early Bird' so will have to pay by the hour = $$$.

Traffic is normally OK at those times.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:37 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Depends where your meeting is but theres a multi-story on Mary Street.....about 17 floors of it I think! You should be able to get a space near the top somewhere. With those times you wont be eligible for 'Early Bird' so will have to pay by the hour = $$$.

Traffic is normally OK at those times.
Its corner of edward and margaret, how much cash do they want for the parking these days ? Ekk $30 for a few hours

Last edited by datamile; Sep 12th 2007 at 11:43 am.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Married to a pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Parking in the city is painful and expensive. 4 hours will cost you anything between $20 and $40. My favourite car park in the city (I have several clients in the city) is the Myer Centre Car Park, its probably the bggest and cheapest and its not a bad stroll down to Gardens Point. If you're coming from the South East freeway, take the Elizabeth Street off ramp and you'll see the Car Park sign just on the other side of George Street.

Oh and traffic @ 1.30pm will be breezy, but unfortunately Brissies traffic congestion just seems to get later and later in the morning each year. Once upon a time I could drive into the city from Rochedale South and be there in under 20 minutes
Old Sep 12th 2007, 1:28 pm
DownUnder

Thanks. Think I might take the bus from garden city instead then.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile
Thanks. Think I might take the bus from garden city instead then.
You could always take the train in to South Brisbane and walk across the bridge. This takes you to the top end of Queen Street