Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

is it really that bad over in oz

Wikiposts

is it really that bad over in oz

Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:36 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is it really that bad over in oz

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I didn't think it was at all, mate. I think you are being paranoid and quick to somehow redress some sort of 'balance'. People migrating from the UK, whose main knowledge is of the UK (wrong or right) will of course refer to UK stats.
You're both right. I was only speaking from what I know about the UK percentage. I have no idea about how the Australian figures are arrived at. In both countries it's politicians who influence how they are constituted, so it's probably fair to assume that they're both "cooked". It's only the scale of "cooking" that might differ.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Where is this pot and who has to reach the furthest?
If there are blokes involved it doesn't matter where it is, they'll miss it anyway
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If there are blokes involved it doesn't matter where it is, they'll miss it anyway
Ain't that the truth
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:58 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=scampie

I don't think it was grumpy but come on, the OP has posted the same question multiple times & it was a legitimate comment.
I have every empathy with the stress & anxieties associated with the move & most certainly have not forgotten what it was like.
I thought the same thing too when I saw this thread.

I just figured the OP was not happy with the previous negative responses and was probably going to keep trying until he/she got one they liked. Perhaps next time the question is asked we should all just say everything is perfect out here and maybe that'll make people happy!

Not trying to be a pain in the butt here but it does get a bit tiring after a while
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
You're both right. I was only speaking from what I know about the UK percentage. I have no idea about how the Australian figures are arrived at.
I figured you were only talking about the UK. That's what I thought...

Originally Posted by paulry
In both countries it's politicians who influence how they are constituted, so it's probably fair to assume that they're both "cooked". It's only the scale of "cooking" that might differ.
Sure - but I wasn't so interested in whether the Australian figures were cooked or not, and what could be inferred from referring to the UK ones, just why the old grouse in the corner was muttering under his breath.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:36 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Where is this pot and who has to reach the furthest?
They're males. The pot would have to be HUGE for them to hit the spot
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
They're males. The pot would have to be HUGE for them to hit the spot
Who would be chosen to empty it
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kissfritz
mmmm ok then
Yeah, whatever!

We moved over 6 months ago & my OH still jobhunting. It is not easy & it does not matter how many times the OP asks the question, the answer will still be the same!

I do take exceptionto your inference that I have not been supportive, when in fact I do my best on this forum to be just that! Sometimes reality is just not nice!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, whatever!

We moved over 6 months ago & my OH still jobhunting. It is not easy & it does not matter how many times the OP asks the question, the answer will still be the same!

I do take exceptionto your inference that I have not been supportive, when in fact I do my best on this forum to be just that! Sometimes reality is just not nice!
Don't worry about it, Sal. We all still love ya.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Don't worry about it, Sal. We all still love ya.
K sent!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

Yeah, whatever!

Do you mind if I ask what part of Queensland you are in and what is your OH's occupation? I am trying to get a realistic picture of Queensland, as I am headed there soon, but there are so many conflicting posts I don't know what to think for the best!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by annamichelle2310
Do you mind if I ask what part of Queensland you are in and what is your OH's occupation? I am trying to get a realistic picture of Queensland, as I am headed there soon, but there are so many conflicting posts I don't know what to think for the best!
I am sure that it varies tremendously depending where you are & what field you are in.
We are in Cairns & my OH is a very experienced supermarket manager & he is finding it tough even to get shortlisted. However, Cairns is not a big city & the opportunities for him are limited. We arrived at the wrong time of year & now we are in recession. That's life! I do know also that there are quite a number of nurses in QLD who have partners who are having difficulties finding work(in a variety of fields) so his situation is not unique by any stretch.
Where are you heading & what do you do?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

I am sure that it varies tremendously depending where you are & what field you are in.
We are in Cairns & my OH is a very experienced supermarket manager & he is finding it tough even to get shortlisted. However, Cairns is not a big city & the opportunities for him are limited. We arrived at the wrong time of year & now we are in recession. That's life! I do know also that there are quite a number of nurses in QLD who have partners who are having difficulties finding work(in a variety of fields) so his situation is not unique by any stretch.
Where are you heading & what do you do?
I'm heading for Brisbane and I am an accountant.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by annamichelle2310
I'm heading for Brisbane and I am an accountant.
Have you checked out this thread?http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=recruiters

It may have some useful info/links.

Lots of luck
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Have you checked out this thread?http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=recruiters

It may have some useful info/links.

Lots of luck
Yes. That lady certainly knows her stuff!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.