Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Castlemaine are warning that some areas will have to go without XXXX ... there will be trouble out there.
On one of the news progs this morning a helicopter was flying over a brewery on the Brisbane River, well it was in the river actually but he joked that they were going to bottle the water and send to the NSW for the State of Origin. Wouldn't be much different, I wouldn't have thought.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:53 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Anna Bligh has done her job very well, not only has she done her job, but also she has allowed to allow her emotions to take control during carrying out her role, which for a leader is a very positive thing, which for Australians i feel is very natural, a reason i like living in Australia. Speak from your heart, say what you feel, know who you are, good on yeh Anna Bligh, may Queensland carry on being Queensland, real people, a very real leader of very real people.

Keith.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:57 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Castlemaine are warning that some areas will have to go without XXXX ... there will be trouble out there.
They'll have to buy laxatives instead then.

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Anna Bligh has done her job very well, not only has she done her job, but also she has allowed to allow her emotions to take control during carrying out her role, which for a leader is a very positive thing, which for Australians i feel is very natural, a reason i like living in Australia. Speak from your heart, say what you feel, know who you are, good on yeh Anna Bligh, may Queensland carry on being Queensland, real people, a very real leader of very real people.

Keith.
Yep, she really did seem to have her finger on the pulse. Very good indeed and a nice change from Gillard.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:29 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Castlemaine are warning that some areas will have to go without XXXX .
Every cloud.........................
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Unimportant in the grand scheme of things but QTAC should have released all the uni offers this morning. They're obviously evacuated and under water so thousands of would be students all around the state have no idea whether they've got places or not. Sorry about the pun but the ripple effect doesn't half stretch out a long way.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 13th 2011 at 8:08 am.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:12 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I've found the root cause....
Attached Thumbnails Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....-plug.jpg  
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Really very impressed with the lord mayors and Anna Bligh handling of this. Of course recognizing that they are fronting and leading what are hundreds of heroic acts every hour by the police, army, ses, ( Edit : And people like Poll working silly hours ) and normal people but still they've done a great job of leading this. Someone has to stand up in front and they have done an excellent job. Gillard on the other hand seems full of rhetoric about 'doing it tough' silly woman.

Newman, and Bligh have been outstanding - can't fault what they've done. The Ipswich mayor is class act, I love the fact he's on worldwide TV and telling looters "If we catch you we'll use you as flood markers and our people will take law into our own hands" *brilliant* really brilliant.

< Seriously : No sarcasm intended >
Thanks
Silly hours and some stress thrown in (many thanks to my Chief Counsellor for preventing me from going more insane than I am already!).
As a former colleague said to me yesterday, its what we train for, and its what we work towards and there is a sense of satisfaction in seeing some of the plans work the way they should. So much of this event was unpredictable and everyone is learning on the job so hats off to people - virtually everyone I've come across at work has been brilliant, in whatever field they have been working. We all feel its rather nice to be appreciated though, so many people have a go about "public servants" that the acknowledgment when things go well is great

I'm no fan of Bligh, and have seen more of her in the last two weeks than I would like, but she is doing pretty well at present, and when you see her in person off camera she actually looks like she is working hard.

My only whinge is against some of the media who think they have a God given right to stick cameras in where not wanted. Some just don't understand the phrase " NO I do not want to be filmed". Doesn't matter who says it, that should be respected.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

To those of you out there volunteering, whether its SES, RFS or something else, in Brisbane or elsewhere - we couldn't do it without you, and my little band of fellow workers are constantly amazed by the amount of hours we get reported as worked by some of you, unbelieveable
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone else an emotional wreck at the moment? I keep thinking about everything that's happened and has yet to happen and bursting into tears. Today I went into the Toowoomba CBD, I parked my car a five minute walk away just in case I was in the way and walked down the street. I popped into a few shops just outside the CBD then continued to walk down towards Margaret St where most of the water gathered during 'the event'. I am THE most inquisitive person EVER but I found myself walking a few steps down the street towards that spot, then turning quickly on my heels and walking back to the car. OMG I just couldn't do it, I just felt like, despite shoppers all over the place, shopping as normal, that I had absolutely no business down there. Crazy, so against my nosy nature... crikey this is all breaking my heart. I hope everyone is ok out there, I truly do, I'm thinking about all of you still 'in the line of fire', stay safe, PLEASE!!! xo xo xo
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Is anyone else an emotional wreck at the moment? I keep thinking about everything that's happened and has yet to happen and bursting into tears. Today I went into the Toowoomba CBD, I parked my car a five minute walk away just in case I was in the way and walked down the street. I popped into a few shops just outside the CBD then continued to walk down towards Margaret St where most of the water gathered during 'the event'. I am THE most inquisitive person EVER but I found myself walking a few steps down the street towards that spot, then turning quickly on my heels and walking back to the car. OMG I just couldn't do it, I just felt like, despite shoppers all over the place, shopping as normal, that I had absolutely no business down there. Crazy, so against my nosy nature... crikey this is all breaking my heart. I hope everyone is ok out there, I truly do, I'm thinking about all of you still 'in the line of fire', stay safe, PLEASE!!! xo xo xo
I think thats entirely normal. After Black saturday I was a wreck for weeks. I STILL get a lump in my throat when we drive through the effected areas...even now
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:35 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To those of you out there volunteering, whether its SES, RFS or something else, in Brisbane or elsewhere - we couldn't do it without you, and my little band of fellow workers are constantly amazed by the amount of hours we get reported as worked by some of you, unbelieveable
All of you are my heros
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:39 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I think thats entirely normal. After Black saturday I was a wreck for weeks. I STILL get a lump in my throat when we drive through the effected areas...even now
Thanks, just wish we could fastforward a few years from now, and that it was all a distant memory!!!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

I don't really know whether this is the best thread to post this on?

I Just wanted to pop over and say that our thoughts are with every person who is caught up in the floods and express our sympathies to all that have lost during this time.

Hope everyone stays safe.
xxx
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, Are these Flood conditions going to make there way down to all the NSW Towns along the Newell ? Narrabri/Coonabarbaran/Dubbo/Orange/Parkes/Forbes etc etc ?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

They said on the news that SA and Vic are on flood alert, very strange weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.