Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Price of Polo mints?

Price of Polo mints?

Old Jul 19th 2022, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of Polo mints?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm Adelaide area (near Barossa) but don't go out to pubs much. Think my son said he paid $10 in the pub near me earlier this year.

As for coffee pods - Woolworths prices for packs start at $3.80 for packs of 10.
A friend of a friend has just returned from a holiday to Perth as they paid $12 for a pint and not even in the city centre!!’ Luckily I do not drink beer lol sorry when I said Pods I meant the chocolate variety ie twix,mars flavours.

Old Jul 19th 2022, 8:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
A friend of a friend has just returned from a holiday to Perth as they paid $12 for a pint and not even in the city centre!!’ Luckily I do not drink beer lol sorry when I said Pods I meant the chocolate variety ie twix,mars flavours.
Haha - sorry. Even though I used to work at Mars, I don't eat chocolate.

Google tells me they are $3.50 at Coles though.
Old Jul 19th 2022, 9:59 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

$9 - $12 is about what you'll pay for a pint in Perth currently, depending on the beer/ale and the place. Liverpool UK used to be cheap for a pint but in town it's 4 - 5 quid now, so not a huge difference to Perth.
Old Jul 19th 2022, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
$9 - $12 is about what you'll pay for a pint in Perth currently, depending on the beer/ale and the place. Liverpool UK used to be cheap for a pint but in town it's 4 - 5 quid now, so not a huge difference to Perth.
It depends on where in Manchester City centre you go for a drink but the average according to our two sons it’s about £3.98 say take Wetherspoons “Printworks” in Manchester their cheapest pint of larger is £2.49 for bud light and IPA’s are cheaper The average pint of beer near to us is £2..50 (all nice puns as well) looks like Liverpool is trying to get “posh” lol
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 3:15 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Thanks, thought I'd check as I just paid $2.50 here in Woolies.

Ah yes in the international food aisle there I usually stock up on the double decker bars when they are on special. They sometimes have wispa too (always makes me think of that joke why did George Michael have chocolate around his arse LOL)
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 9:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
Ah yes in the international food aisle there I usually stock up on the double decker bars when they are on special. They sometimes have wispa too (always makes me think of that joke why did George Michael have chocolate around his arse LOL)
Its so weird, the stuff that gets stuffed in those "ïnternational food" sections isn't it! I remember going round Coles with a friend from work, and she commented that she felt very sorry for us Brits as we only seemed to have two types of chocolate - Double Deckers and Wispas!
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

winston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to behold

Since when has Australis sold beer in pints?
When I was there it was midis and pots. A pot was 1/2 pint, a midi even smaller.
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 1:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winston_1
When I was there it was midis and pots. A pot was 1/2 pint, a midi even smaller.
Depends on the State, but I believe you can ask for a pint just about about anywhere in Australia and get one (570ml)

In WA, we have pints as above, schooners (425ml) and middies (285ml). If you ask for 'a glass' of beer, you'll get 200ml.

Go to another State and it all changes
Old Jul 23rd 2022, 12:17 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

When I came out in 2003 there was only a couple of pubs in Brisbane that did pints. Much more widespread now, I'd say in the city its the rule rather than the exception.
Very widespread in Melbourne and Tasmania too.
Old Jul 24th 2022, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Schooners in SA, pots down in Mexico, middies in NSW, and cans when I was in Darwin.
Old Jul 26th 2022, 2:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
When I came out in 2003 there was only a couple of pubs in Brisbane that did pints. Much more widespread now, I'd say in the city its the rule rather than the exception.
Very widespread in Melbourne and Tasmania too.
Indeed, the old standard beer measures no longer really exist anymore. There was a spate of some pubs in Perth trying to pass off smaller drinks as pints, yet charging pint prices, but that seems to have been knocked on the head

The trick that pisses me off is bar staff asking you if you want ice in your cider. I always say no and give them a glare as it's essentially illegal
Old Jul 26th 2022, 1:48 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Indeed, the old standard beer measures no longer really exist anymore. There was a spate of some pubs in Perth trying to pass off smaller drinks as pints, yet charging pint prices, but that seems to have been knocked on the head

The trick that pisses me off is bar staff asking you if you want ice in your cider. I always say no and give them a glare as it's essentially illegal
I have the same battle with ice in cider. They are convinced thats the correct way to serve it (even though it affects the measure of the drink

I can't stand it with ice, dilutes the cider, and makes the drink too cold to taste properly (though with some Aussie drinks that can be a bonus!
Old Jul 26th 2022, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Never been asked to put ice in cider. It’s treated like beer here.
Old Jul 26th 2022, 11:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retirednow
Never been asked to put ice in cider. It’s treated like beer here.
It is here too but for some bizarre reason, some people like ice in it

Strange I know, but there it is
Old Jul 27th 2022, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

The three “locals” we used in Perth all sold pints and half pints maybe my memory is fading now on our life in Australia but I cannot remember coming across midis and pots when we went “out”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.