Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

President Donald Trump

President Donald Trump

Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:25 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Donald Trump

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I suspect a simpler explanation is likely - that Cruz is oblivious to the fact that ISIS have embedded themselves in preexisting cities, towns and communities, so are surrounded by innocent, non-combatant civilians.

If he was correct that there are towns where ISIS members are the exclusive occupants he might have point, but it's all moot for several reasons.
I think it possible that he didn't know what the definition of carpet bombing is to most people. He just thought it sounded assertive enough.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 3:41 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I think it possible that he didn't know what the definition of carpet bombing is to most people. He just thought it sounded assertive enough.
He may play an idiot, but take a look at his bio. He is many times overqualified to know exactly what he was saying. He's a lawyer - someone paid to tied knots in words and so make them say what he wants.

He was talking about what he said he was talking about - obliterating anything and everything in the area. Just talking about 'making the sand glow' is akin to the usual redneck chant of 'turning the sand to glass' - nuking them.

Is he really that insane?

Well, if it were Trump I'd say no, that he was playing to the mouthbreathers. However, this is the religious zealot; the one trying to set himself up as a king to bring money to his religious sect. I wouldn't be so sure that it was just criminal bravado with him.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 4:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Ted Cruz is a brainless little prick who shouldn't even be tasked with running a hamburger stand. How is he going to make gov't smaller or cut taxes? It's just what people want to hear, that's all. Breaking Islam? And Iran? Is he high on dope?

At the end of the day you want to handle and tackle extremism, and you need the moderates of that religion on your side. Otherwise he's end up like the biggest presidential idiot in US history, who due to his submoronic actions can easily be attributed to being the most successful extremist recruiter of all time. And too dumb to even notice it...

I won't even go into Trump as his campaign is just farcical and aimed at those whose level of brain development hardly makes them qualify for the human species. The president is supposed to be someone from the top shelf, someone everyone can look up to and trust, respect, hold in the highest regard. Trump is the antithesis of everything a president should stand for.

In terms of Clinton vs Sanders I think the answer is quite simple. If you are a corporation, vote for Clinton. If you are a citizen, vote for Sanders. Last time I checked only people got to vote - not companies - but for some reason there are those who believe "the chameleon" will make them better off even though she's the one being backed by top $$$ (for a reason) and has previously pushed forward their agenda and legislation at the cost of ordinary people.
When I wrote islam, I meant radical islam. My mistake, sorry, I do apologise

As I have hard-right viewpoints on most issues, Cruz most closely aligns with this, so I would vote for him if I had the choice. Obama has been a disaster for the US and the world and only a hard-right hawk in the White House us going to sort this out

If you want more of the same then vote for Clinton - left-wing establishment that hates America

If you want to believe fairy-tales then vote for Sanders. More spending and debt when there should be less, bigger government when it should be smaller is a recipe for a clusterf**k, but hey ho, that's democracy
Old Feb 19th 2016, 4:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
"We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don't know if sand can glow in the dark, but we're going to find out"
Details

This is just rhetoric that every politician indulges in to appeal to a certain sector. The reality would be very difference. Hard-right is the only direction that they can go in order to sort out their problems

Anyway, you can support a politician without agreeing with everything that they say/do. Margaret Thatcher was one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century and saved her country from economic oblivion and 3rd world status. In doing so, she did many great things, but not all that she did was right. For instance, her connivance and manipulation, in concert with Australia, Canada, NZ etc, of Bob Mugabe into power was a disgrace and in the process destroyed a proud and viable country with the fallout still with us today. Most everything else she did though was spot on
Old Feb 20th 2016, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Garry. I see again, there may be more you have in common with DT.

http://m.smh.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/combative-donald-trump-lashes-out-at-boeing-apple-20160219-gmz2wz.html
Old Feb 20th 2016, 11:23 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Garry. I see again, there may be more you have in common with DT.

Combative Donald Trump lashes out at Boeing, Apple | smh.com.au
Guess again, I agree with apple telling the FBI to go take a running leap. I'm actually a bit surprised that they haven't already made their own special build that defeats the encryption - if apple can do it, then the government can do it. My guess is the NSA have the means to do so, but don't want to give it to the FBI because they don't trust them.

Oh, and Trump's tweet to boycott apple ...... made on an iphone.
Old Feb 20th 2016, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

Oh, and Trump's tweet to boycott apple ...... made on an iphone.
........... and then dump it and went Samsung. So the article says
Old Feb 20th 2016, 9:22 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

........... and then dump it and went Samsung. So the article says
... after people laughed at him.

Funny thing is, it's likely to go to that Scalia-less supreme court before it gets decided. There's no real precedent here and the FBI have been attempting to use a (very poorly written) law from 1789!
Old Feb 21st 2016, 3:31 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Trump wins again, with Rubio and Cruz as the bridesmaids. Jeb! pulls out after losing badly. So after Trump went all out to kill him, he succeeded.

Clinton basically draws again Sanders. Thus far it's two draws and one win to Sanders - yet Clinton has many more delegates. Expect disquiet to start to build.

I think Trump thinks he has this in the bag - the question is if anyone has a surprise they are looking to pull. If they do, then between now and the 1st March is the time to pull it. Interestingly Nate Silver thinks the way the maths works, Cruz is going to fall away in delegate numbers, leaving it as Trump vs Rubio. Thus if Trump were smart, he might offer Rubio a sop to take him out of contention. If not, he'll go after him like he did Jeb!

Last edited by GarryP; Feb 21st 2016 at 5:16 am.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 6:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

I expect that Clinton will be the next US president

Expect 4 more years of the left-wing cowardice and inaction that are hallmarks of Obama's terms

The western world needs America to lead and we haven't had that for a long time

Heaven help us
Old Feb 21st 2016, 7:45 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Details

This is just rhetoric that every politician indulges in to appeal to a certain sector. The reality would be very difference. Hard-right is the only direction that they can go in order to sort out their problems

Anyway, you can support a politician without agreeing with everything that they say/do. Margaret Thatcher was one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century and saved her country from economic oblivion and 3rd world status. In doing so, she did many great things, but not all that she did was right. For instance, her connivance and manipulation, in concert with Australia, Canada, NZ etc, of Bob Mugabe into power was a disgrace and in the process destroyed a proud and viable country with the fallout still with us today. Most everything else she did though was spot on
I agree, it was shameful what was done to Rhodesia but I wonder if it's fair to blame Thatcher - given that she became prime minister in May 1979 and Rhodesia was handed over to Mugabe in April 1980? I would think by that time things were pretty much unstoppable. And besides all that, look at the complete mess Labour handed over to her in 79 - she must have had her hands pretty full dealing with that alone. If anything, Lord Carrington was the conniving, manipulative one.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 8:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by paulry
I agree, it was shameful what was done to Rhodesia but I wonder if it's fair to blame Thatcher - given that she became prime minister in May 1979 and Rhodesia was handed over to Mugabe in April 1980? I would think by that time things were pretty much unstoppable. And besides all that, look at the complete mess Labour handed over to her in 79 - she must have had her hands pretty full dealing with that alone. If anything, Lord Carrington was the conniving, manipulative one.
Sure, Labour laid the groundwork for the betrayal of their people in Africa but Thatcher agreed to an external settlement (Lancaster House) and a new election even though the internal settlement and election that they had just had to create Zimbabwe Rhodesia with Abel Muzorewa as PM had been declared free and fair by the UN. It was clear that Thatcher, Fraser and co were hell bent on bowing to the OAU and getting Mugabe into power. Ironically by mid-1979 ZANU (Mugabe's mob) in Mozambique was on on the verge of total collapse and if the war had gone on for a few more weeks, would have. The ceasefire saw them come back and then Mugabe murdered his way into power with the aid of the UK and Australia

The rest as they say is history
Old Feb 21st 2016, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Sure, Labour laid the groundwork for the betrayal of their people in Africa but Thatcher agreed to an external settlement (Lancaster House) and a new election even though the internal settlement and election that they had just had to create Zimbabwe Rhodesia with Abel Muzorewa as PM had been declared free and fair by the UN. It was clear that Thatcher, Fraser and co were hell bent on bowing to the OAU and getting Mugabe into power. Ironically by mid-1979 ZANU (Mugabe's mob) in Mozambique was on on the verge of total collapse and if the war had gone on for a few more weeks, would have. The ceasefire saw them come back and then Mugabe murdered his way into power with the aid of the UK and Australia

The rest as they say is history
......... and history repeats itself.

The right are great at sorting out a country at home.

Foriegn affairs probably best done by the left.

Which one will get the votes?
Old Feb 21st 2016, 9:16 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

......... and history repeats itself.

The right are great at sorting out a country at home.

Foriegn affairs probably best done by the left.

(Who does the spelling?)

And on a related subject, this is extremely well done :

Old Feb 21st 2016, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP

(Who does the spelling?)

And on a related subject, this is extremely well done :

Its a shame about the football team mentality "left til I die".

Change is good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.