Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

President Donald Trump

President Donald Trump

Old Feb 10th 2016, 9:49 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default President Donald Trump

OMG

What's happening to the world!

Old Feb 10th 2016, 9:57 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Donald Trump

Forget the Republicans, they've gone from a political party to being a mental institution. It's the CDC that should look into what's going on there...

The problem is with the Democrats as ultimately someone from there will probably become the next US president. Hopefully it will be Bernie Sanders and not the chameleon backed by big business.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:50 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
What's happening to the world!
Trump is a second hand car salesman, lying to blue collar dicks in order to get what he wants. He's just more blatant about it than the rest of them.

The question is what does he really believe (other than that the guy in the mirror is a god amongst men), because he hasn't said a truthful word yet in his campaign ?

And can the repubs chop out his legs before he sweeps the nomination?

Given his history, I'm betting he has enough skeletons rattling in the closet to see him gone - but they should have done it already, and he's going to be hard to turn aside from torpedoing their chances.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 12:49 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
...because he hasn't said a truthful word yet in his campaign?
I think his racism might be genuine.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

The question we non-Americans should be asking is: does he want to be President of his country or Emperor of the World? All his rivals want to be Emperor (as does the Clinton woman), and are prepared to kill and kill again to gain what they want. Would Trump's racial prejudices lead him to the wholesale slaughter of swarthy villagers in the Middle East? We know it would most certainly lead his rivals to do that; so I don't see why he should be singled out as a racist.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Trump is a second hand car salesman, lying to blue collar dicks in order to get what he wants. He's just more blatant about it than the rest of them.

The question is what does he really believe (other than that the guy in the mirror is a god amongst men), because he hasn't said a truthful word yet in his campaign ?

And can the repubs chop out his legs before he sweeps the nomination?

Given his history, I'm betting he has enough skeletons rattling in the closet to see him gone - but they should have done it already, and he's going to be hard to turn aside from torpedoing their chances.
Please elaborate, sounds awfully superior
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
The question we non-Americans should be asking is: does he want to be President of his country or Emperor of the World? All his rivals want to be Emperor (as does the Clinton woman), and are prepared to kill and kill again to gain what they want. Would Trump's racial prejudices lead him to the wholesale slaughter of swarthy villagers in the Middle East? We know it would most certainly lead his rivals to do that; so I don't see why he should be singled out as a racist.
Very well put, an excellent post . The others need someone to single out as a fruitloop in order to take the spotlight off of their own political deficiencies/machinations. The skeletons will be let out of the closet on him only when he's looking likely to pull off the unspeakable, til then he'll be used as a diversion.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:49 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Please elaborate, sounds awfully superior
Well, blue collar comes from the analysis of who's supporting him (it's poorly educated, older, blue collar types in the main) and the dicks comes from both them being predominately male, and believing in the racist/bigoted/extreme policies that Trump espouses (which is why he's saying it, and why they support him).

As I said before, the main problem is not Trump spouting those policies (because I don't think they are his policies); it's the people that are agreeing with him.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

Well, blue collar comes from the analysis of who's supporting him (it's poorly educated, older, blue collar types in the main) and the dicks comes from both them being predominately male, and believing in the racist/bigoted/extreme policies that Trump espouses (which is why he's saying it, and why they support him).

As I said before, the main problem is not Trump spouting those policies (because I don't think they are his policies); it's the people that are agreeing with him.
So these are blue collar dicks who aren't doing what you want them to do? (would they be blue collar sheep if they were?) Like it or not this situation echos the Farage situation at the UK election, and these 'blue collar dicks' are supporting a 'white collar wanker' because the other mob only have a pretence of having their interests at heart. I'm not for one moment saying he has anyones interests but his own at heart, but, the scum seem to think he does. Yet again the mainstream deny all responsibility.

This for me is the problem facing the 'civilized' world today, lot's of people seem focused on how wrong the racists are, and where the (insert colour/religion here) supremacists are concerned,rightly so. However, that big band of middle of the road people feeling marginalized into sympathizing with the likes of Farage and Trump, are being tossed into the supremacist basket, when what should be happening is politicians and leaders should be asking questions of themselves. There's a storm coming, and with it comes a glut of 'Enoch was right' memes.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Feb 10th 2016 at 11:42 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 11:31 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

So these are blue collar dicks who aren't doing what you want them to do? (would they be blue collar sheep if they were?) Like it or not this situation echos the Farage situation at the UK election, and these 'blue collar dicks' are supporting a 'white collar wanker' because the other mob only have a pretence of having their interests at heart. I'm not for one moment saying he has anyones interests but his own at heart, but, the scum seem to think he does. Yet again the mainstream deny all responsibility.
Not exactly.

Once again, those without the wit or knowledge to understand how they are being fleeced by those with lots of money and no scruples are acting against their own self-interest to put someone into power who will make their situation worse - and in the process screw it up for the rest of us. If they didn't have a chip on their shoulders and took the time to learn how things really are, we would have such a low standard of politicians.

And yes, Farage is another example, as is Cameron, and Abbott.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

Not exactly.

Once again, those without the wit or knowledge to understand how they are being fleeced by those with lots of money and no scruples are acting against their own self-interest to put someone into power who will make their situation worse - and in the process screw it up for the rest of us. If they didn't have a chip on their shoulders and took the time to learn how things really are, we would have such a low standard of politicians.

And yes, Farage is another example, as is Cameron, and Abbott.
They are also being fleeced into voting for anyone else, they ALL treat the working (or not) classes as a commodity, a person to appease every 4 or 5 years, in order to get their vote, then **** em til the next election. I seriously wonder about the grasp on reality of anyone who fails to see this. Stop looking to the blue collar dicks with your blame stick, and start looking higher up the IQ/money charts. You even sound like you want to deny people their democratic right to vote, which surely can't be true

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Feb 10th 2016 at 11:52 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 12:39 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

They are also being fleeced into voting for anyone else, they ALL treat the working (or not) classes as a commodity, a person to appease every 4 or 5 years, in order to get their vote, then **** em til the next election. I seriously wonder about the grasp on reality of anyone who fails to see this.
Whilst I'd agree that the political system we have is broken and unfit for purpose, it's also incorrect to say that 'they' are all equally bad. Some are much worse than others, both in specific cases, and for the country generally.

I'd prefer better options, and a better system.

Stop looking to the blue collar dicks with your blame stick, and start looking higher up the IQ/money charts.
The reality is those people get in because the 'blue collar dicks' vote them in. Sure those with cash are allowed to buy votes; but those votes are for sale in the first place because those dicks don't pay attention and give their responsibility in a democracy the respect it deserves. So blame stick aloft.

You even sound like you want to deny people their democratic right to vote, which surely can't be true
Personally?

I think that allowing every dick an equal vote drags down the intelligence/competence/trustworthiness of politics in general. You need a generally smarter choice than those dicks are prepared to deliver. Thus I think your voice should be heard; but the less attention and less thought you give to it, the less your voice should be heard.

You're not going to fix the systemic problems otherwise ...
Old Feb 11th 2016, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Whilst I'd agree that the political system we have is broken and unfit for purpose, it's also incorrect to say that 'they' are all equally bad. Some are much worse than others, both in specific cases, and for the country generally.

I'd prefer better options, and a better system.
They are all equally as bad, not one has shown empathy for the 'blue collar dicks'. You honestly blame them for their own disaffection?? Granted there are people who put no thought at all into their vote, but that really isn't dependent on the colour of their shirts.

The reality is those people get in because the 'blue collar dicks' vote them in. Sure those with cash are allowed to buy votes; but those votes are for sale in the first place because those dicks don't pay attention and give their responsibility in a democracy the respect it deserves. So blame stick aloft.
The reality is actually that the blue collar dicks are using the only weapon left in their arsenal, their vote, and as the likes of you doesn't consider them worthy, then why the hell not cast a protest vote. It's up to the more 'socially acceptable' politicians to make themselves more attractive to vote for. Instead they go for schoolyard 'I'm shit but he's worse' tactics, which shows a massive childish streak.

Oh and by the way, your vote is for sale too, do you vote with me in mind, or yourself?

Personally?

I think that allowing every dick an equal vote drags down the intelligence/competence/trustworthiness of politics in general. You need a generally smarter choice than those dicks are prepared to deliver. Thus I think your voice should be heard; but the less attention and less thought you give to it, the less your voice should be heard.

You're not going to fix the systemic problems otherwise ...
What do you propose? A minimum IQ? Or you can only vote if you attend x amount of annual conferences to qualify for a vote. It smacks of a massive superiority complex does that.

A truly great leader would keep the silent majority on board, and give every section of the community at least a little hope and faith in it's government. Sadly there are none, the only government that isn't constantly struggling to stay in power, at the expense of it's own peoples needs, is a dictatorship, but even with the best of intentions, power corrupts.

Not saying there are any easy solutions, but to blame one section of society is foolhardy

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Feb 11th 2016 at 1:53 am.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 3:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

They are all equally as bad, not one has shown empathy for the 'blue collar dicks'. You honestly blame them for their own disaffection?? Granted there are people who put no thought at all into their vote, but that really isn't dependent on the colour of their shirts.

The reality is actually that the blue collar dicks are using the only weapon left in their arsenal, their vote, and as the likes of you doesn't consider them worthy, then why the hell not cast a protest vote. It's up to the more 'socially acceptable' politicians to make themselves more attractive to vote for. Instead they go for schoolyard 'I'm shit but he's worse' tactics, which shows a massive childish streak.

Oh and by the way, your vote is for sale too, do you vote with me in mind, or yourself?

What do you propose? A minimum IQ? Or you can only vote if you attend x amount of annual conferences to qualify for a vote. It smacks of a massive superiority complex does that.

A truly great leader would keep the silent majority on board, and give every section of the community at least a little hope and faith in it's government. Sadly there are none, the only government that isn't constantly struggling to stay in power, at the expense of it's own peoples needs, is a dictatorship, but even with the best of intentions, power corrupts.

Not saying there are any easy solutions, but to blame one section of society is foolhardy
Considering how much previous generations sacrificed in order that we can all vote as equals and have the ability to say what we want, I find it sad that so many today sneer at this and try and tell us that others are not worthy of their votes

Very sad

DT would probably not be a credible president - and neither would BS - but if he is elected then it would be at the will of the people. Their congress and senate would be a major check on him anyway - as they have always been and as was intended
Old Feb 11th 2016, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Considering how much previous generations sacrificed in order that we can all vote as equals and have the ability to say what we want, I find it sad that so many today sneer at this and try and tell us that others are not worthy of their votes

Very sad

DT would probably not be a credible president - and neither would BS - but if he is elected then it would be at the will of the people. Their congress and senate would be a major check on him anyway - as they have always been and as was intended
Exactly, previous generations of blue collar dicks were good enough to die for their country, but not good enough to have a say in it, or so it seems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.