Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

President Donald Trump

President Donald Trump

Old Feb 28th 2016, 7:00 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Donald Trump

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
He's by no means as right wing as either Cruz or Rubio. The problem with him winning the nomination is that the Republicans will withdraw support for him in both houses, and he will end up a lame duck president with no hope of achieving anything.

I think he's arguably a better choice than either of the other two Republican contenders...
Would you like cholera, typhoid, or syphilis?

She doesn't really seem to actually represent anything - I don't think I have heard a single real 'policy' from her yet.
Hmm, not quite. Here's a noddy comparison : Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump - Candidates Comparison

Oh, and Trump actually wants to cut tax on the 1%, although it can be very difficult to narrow down what the 'policies of the day' actually are (they tend to get made up on the fly).

Clinton's policies are pretty much "more of what Obama did", which means not progressive enough and seemingly lacking her own vision, but a 'safe pair of hands' for all vested interests. 'The Vision Thing' will probably await ratification, and will probably focus on women's rights (half the voting public).
Old Feb 28th 2016, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 28th 2016, 9:04 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Oh this was brutal. And you thought he hated FIFA.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3uvsbo_last-week-tonight-with-john-oliver-donald-trump_fun
I will be entertained if this makes it as a meme. You just know he's going to hate it so much.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 10:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really convinced he is a Republican. The GOP want Rubio as their nomination - they really don't want Trump - they had expected him to fall by the wayside by now.

I agree with Nige's comment above - Trump seems more like a loose canon maverick than a GOP contender. But he could just do it - particularly if Clinton loses her shine. She doesn't really seem to actually represent anything - I don't think I have heard a single real 'policy' from her yet.

S

The wall is going to be cool though

I really want to see that
Old Mar 1st 2016, 3:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Ultimately what we are seeing across much of the western world is dissatisfaction with the current political setup

The hard-right is on the rise in Europe as the host populations see the failure of the multiculturalism social engineering experiment that has been forced onto them by their western-hating political elites. The majority have been trampled on by the minority and the politicians who kowtow to them and they've had enough

In the US, the mainstream middle-class, working population has seen that nothing is going to get better for them with the current status quo - and Trump and Sanders are resonating. Unfortunately for them, America-hating Clinton is more than likely going to be POTUS which obviously is not good but who knows in 2020.....

Interestingly it's business as usual in Canada, NZ and here. Just goes to show that affluence, stability and safety are good soothers
Old Mar 1st 2016, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Ultimately what we are seeing across much of the western world is dissatisfaction with the current political setup

The hard-right is on the rise in Europe as the host populations see the failure of the multiculturalism social engineering experiment that has been forced onto them by their western-hating political elites. The majority have been trampled on by the minority and the politicians who kowtow to them and they've had enough

In the US, the mainstream middle-class, working population has seen that nothing is going to get better for them with the current status quo - and Trump and Sanders are resonating. Unfortunately for them, America-hating Clinton is more than likely going to be POTUS which obviously is not good but who knows in 2020.....

Interestingly it's business as usual in Canada, NZ and here. Just goes to show that affluence, stability and safety are good soothers
Well not really. Looks like republicans are not happy with the options and so are backing Trump. Democrats seem to have a more balanced and typical view and so are backing Clinton. Clinton seems to be far more popular overall than any other candidate. Which is a bit depressing as she's just a potential female president instead of a potential female president with an agenda.

Clinton will win the election by a good margin.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 3:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Well not really. Looks like republicans are not happy with the options and so are backing Trump. Democrats seem to have a more balanced and typical view and so are backing Clinton. Clinton seems to be far more popular overall than any other candidate. Which is a bit depressing as she's just a potential female president instead of a potential female president with an agenda.

Clinton will win the election by a good margin.
The troops maybe but not the generals

The republican elite will not be able to handle a Trump nomination and is in serious trouble of fracture. I don't really see why but that's their issue

Clinton is a white, female Obama - mumbo jumbo policies, cowardly, little vision

Heaven help us
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

The troops maybe but not the generals

The republican elite will not be able to handle a Trump nomination and is in serious trouble of fracture. I don't really see why but that's their issue

Clinton is a white, female Obama - mumbo jumbo policies, cowardly, little vision

Heaven help us
Trumps success has pretty much came down to the others not knowing when to drop out and back someone other than Trump. Ego got in the way of eliminating Trump.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Trumps success has pretty much came down to the others not knowing when to drop out and back someone other than Trump. Ego got in the way of eliminating Trump.
Yes I agree. They should have backed, say, Rubio. Instead they have a fractured field that Trump is walking all over

As I have said before, I quite like the Donald
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I agree. They should have backed, say, Rubio. Instead they have a fractured field that Trump is walking all over

As I have said before, I quite like the Donald
But why? He doesn't really say anything that couldn't be said by a poorly educated nobody. He just bought himself the platform.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

But why? He doesn't really say anything that couldn't be said by a poorly educated nobody. He just bought himself the platform.
Rich people have bought themselves platforms since the beginning of politics so nothing new there

I like him because I can see the point of view of the people who are supporting him - and the fact that people on the left hate him

If the left don't like him then you know he's doing something right!
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rich people have bought themselves platforms since the beginning of politics so nothing new there

I like him because I can see the point of view of the people who are supporting him - and the fact that people on the left hate him

If the left don't like him then you know he's doing something right!
I'm pretty sure the left didn't like Hitler much either. And many on the right don't have much time for Trump. Other than the wall, what about Trump do you agree with? Because he's a proven liar.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:42 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure the left didn't like Hitler much either. And many on the right don't have much time for Trump. Other than the wall, what about Trump do you agree with? Because he's a proven liar.

Love Trump or hate him, he is certainly disruptive, and given the staid, self serving and hackneyed circus that US politics has become, I think this is part of his appeal - and what has energised his support base.

The Republican establishment wanted Rubio as their first choice, so Trump has certainly ruffled their feathers. By the same token, in Arkansas, where Bill Clinton was Governor, more Republicans have come out than Democrats, which also has them ruffled.

As I said before, I see Hilary as very much a 'meh' candidate, and I wonder if she will suffer from huge voter apathy, which in the face of Trump's energised support could see him moving into the Oval Office.

Assuming he wins the nomination (which barring any jiggery-pokery by the GOP, he will), it will be a very interesting presidential race.

S
Old Mar 1st 2016, 5:34 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Love Trump or hate him, he is certainly disruptive, and given the staid, self serving and hackneyed circus that US politics has become, I think this is part of his appeal - and what has energised his support base.
Yeah, the fire is certainly energising when you've jumped out of the frying pan.

What he's basically done is to demonstrate you don't need to buy politicians, you can cut out the middle man and buy the electorate instead. And they are cheap, a bit of sensation here, a few empty words there, don't even have to spend much money since they'll fund it themselves. They even con themselves once you've got them to accept the base premise.

Drumpf demonstrates that democracy doesn't really exist - its a competition of psychology and marketing and you can buy the people to deliver that.

As I said before, I see Hilary as very much a 'meh' candidate, and I wonder if she will suffer from huge voter apathy, which in the face of Trump's energised support could see him moving into the Oval Office.

Assuming he wins the nomination (which barring any jiggery-pokery by the GOP, he will), it will be a very interesting presidential race.
She's continuation of the status quo. The interesting thing is she's likely to win the selection on the back of the black vote - even though Sanders is much more supportive of them. It's almost as if they want Obama for 4 more years, and Hillary basically saying she'll continue with the same policies is the closest they will get.

Baring any 'surprises' (and I'm expecting at least one or two if the sneaks haven't been slacking off) it's likely that Drumpf will back off on the insanity and trust to short memories to drift him to the left of his current far right position. As per usual, its the middle voters that will swing the vote to the winner, so expect 'jobs', and 'tax cuts' to be the battlefield, and Drumpf will probably win in that - his empty words are generally more appealing than Clinton's empty words.

Even now, you can hear western governments saying "oh sh*t" and working out how to manage him. In particular I don't think the TPP or TTIP have been ratified yet and given his "I want trade barriers" they are right up his street for using to gain support. He can nebulously 'fight' against them, look good in the process, safe in the knowledge they will get signed before he would be able to stop them. Obviously he's quite happy if they are signed, it's a game.

The US is screwed - and given the interconnectedness of things, and the fact that GFC II is threatening anyway, so are we.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 9:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

I don't know how you've managed to work Hitler into this but hey ho

I can't vote so it's basically just the wall - and his ideas on the 2nd amendment

He's okay for a centrist politician

Politicans lying? Who'd a thunk it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.