Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Please take a long holiday first.

Please take a long holiday first.

Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:42 pm
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Please take a long holiday first.

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
The Uk isnt really crap.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=37

Make your bloody mind up!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:45 pm
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Why do you have to be so rude Luke? That's the OP's opinion and it matters as much as anybody elses.
You could ask the same of the author of post #4.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice

Funny how ones mind works isn't it. The actor that comes to mind is Kathy Bates & the 1990 Movie written by Stephen King............
sorry to young for that one!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:49 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i have said this before

WHY

before you think of leaving all you have......

you have to ask yourself "WHY"

you need to get really down to the "meaning of life" for you on a daily basis

it's a very expensive exercise and as you can see not for all

i think the image of australian life as sold in UK is not like the real thing

having been here 20 years...it's changed

i can see why many people struggle
especially regarding family

if you can't live without your family don't leave them

if you have to live without them

try not to get too upset

my mum goes back to UK in two days and i am really sad

but we keep in touch

and i cherish the time we have together
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KLF
You could ask the same of the author of post #4.
Post no 4? Can't see anything wrong with it.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:54 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
i have said this before

WHY

before you think of leaving all you have......

you have to ask yourself "WHY"

you need to get really down to the "meaning of life" for you on a daily basis

it's a very expensive exercise and as you can see not for all

i think the image of australian life as sold in UK is not like the real thing

having been here 20 years...it's changed

i can see why many people struggle
especially regarding family

if you can't live without your family don't leave them

if you have to live without them

try not to get too upset

my mum goes back to UK in two days and i am really sad

but we keep in touch

and i cherish the time we have together
Well said
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:55 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I know what you mean mate. I bought this rice cooker after watching a long advert about it on TV and it's shit! Works no faster than a pan of boiling water on the stove and is a pig to clean afterwards!
look into my eyes
look into my eyes...
not around the eyes
into my eyes

don't buy stuff from an infomercial ever again

it's the no 1 crime against humanity

now don't do it again

when i click my fingers you will wake up!!!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:57 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Post no 4? Can't see anything wrong with it.
Went completely over your head by the looks of it.

The poster is obviously taking the piss
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes, there is a very distinct lack of new migrant support in most of the major cities here. Something I think South Australia have got right, with the meet and greet service they provide and the option of 3 months housing. No free air fares though

Excellent
Yes it was unexpected and in fairness deserved, it just goes to show that the top brass will listen and take appropriate action, I like that here, no faffing about.

Seems your neck of the woods have learned a lesson and value our contribution, would have preferred a welcome meet and greet, less hassle and stress with a pitch ready and waiting as it shows a bit of TLC

Last edited by The OH; Jan 19th 2008 at 2:02 pm. Reason: as it it as prefferred dyslexia?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

No it didn't go over my head. I fully understand what the poster was doing however I personally would rather see 100 posts like that than 1 of your nasty efforts.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The OH
Yes it was unexpected and in fairness deserved, it just goes to show that the top brass will listen and take appropriate action, I like that here, no faffing about.

Seems your neck of the woods have learned a lesson and value our contribution, would have preferred a welcome meet and greet, less hassle and stress with a pitch ready and waiting as it shows a bit of TLC
There are tons of migrant support centres here in Oz. They dont provide housing etc but can be quite a good resource for newcomers.

I am thankful that we dont have the useless community support one sees in N America, supported by local business, designed to line their own pockets in the guise of the "welcome wagon"..............

Its like having a door to door sales person from every local business show up at your door invading your privacy.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Must you always try and make yourself feel better by belittling the intelligence of others? It's really getting boring.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:09 pm
Banned

No it didn't go over my head. I fully understand what the poster was doing however I personally would rather see 100 posts like that than 1 of your nasty efforts.
I would suggest you read BE rule #1 very carefully, thanks for your opinion and have a nice day
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would suggest you read BE rule #1 very carefully, thanks for your opinion and have a nice day
Your veiled insults are no better. Perhaps you should read it yourself.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

There are tons of migrant support centres here in Oz. They dont provide housing etc but can be quite a good resource for newcomers.

I am thankful that we dont have the useless community support one sees in N America, supported by local business, designed to line their own pockets in the guise of the "welcome wagon"..............

Its like having a door to door sales person from every local business show up at your door invading your privacy.
welcome wagon...allegedly...back in the UK a work colleague of my OH was selling her car, it was eventually sold to a migrant who paid by Social Security cheque, the mobile phone he used to call her was also supplied to help him get work as getting the bus proved too expensive, now this is not an isolated example and I would expect that these benefits would have to be paid back, but hey thats supportive isn't it

all aboard!!!You can't beat that sponsorship deal!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.