Playdough

Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playdough

Originally Posted by iPom
LOL - never done it in the mw've before, but then my arm doesn't usually hurt either...
it kills mine, not that I make it anymore - since leaving the nursery
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

They put almond scent in the ELC one which makes it tasty.
That explains it then!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by milliesmum
That explains it then!

They also use a preserving agent and not salt, hence it's edible... to them.

Use salt and you can use the almond flavouring to make it smell nice but they won't touch it once tasted! Also, the recipe makes masses more than the bought stuff and lasts in the fridge for ages.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DebraH
... since leaving the nursery
As a member of staff, I take it...
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They put almond scent in the ELC one which makes it tasty.
Note for the Buzzys - don't bring the almound one, the sniffer dogs will have a field day!!!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

They also use a preserving agent and not salt, hence it's edible... to them.

Use salt and you can use the almond flavouring to make it smell nice but they won't touch it once tasted! Also, the recipe makes masses more than the bought stuff and lasts in the fridge for ages.
Thank you!! from me and my other 2 kids who are not allowed to play with the stuff in the house incase Millie eats it!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Note for the Buzzys - don't bring the almound one, the sniffer dogs will have a field day!!!

They've always bypassed us when we've bought it in...

To be honest, your kids lose most of it in the seat and footwells anyway and you'll be picking it out of your hair and soles of your shoes for months.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

Thank you!! from me and my other 2 kids who are not allowed to play with the stuff in the house incase Millie eats it!

Aw, poor deprived kids. There are more recipes out there - just google playdough recipe. All pretty much the same I think. Have a read to see which takes your fancy.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aw, poor deprived kids. There are more recipes out there - just google playdough recipe. All pretty much the same I think. Have a read to see which takes your fancy.
Sent you some K, thanks
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Sent you some K, thanks
Anytime.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

just make sure they dont shape it like a gun on the plane
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
just make sure they dont shape it like a gun on the plane
I didn't like to mention it looks like Semtex....
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

As a member of staff, I take it...
oh yes, trying to get kids to make playdoh is like pulling teeth

bad enough asking them to make you a coffee
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DebraH
oh yes, trying to get kids to make playdoh is like pulling teeth

bad enough asking them to make you a coffee
Lazy sods. You'd expect better wouldn't you...
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I always made my (the girls) own. The smell of any of the manufactured ones used to bring on a migraine so couldn't have it in the house. Even got the playgroup to make their own so my kids didn't come home smelling of the stuff Good job I have never shared a plane with a child playing with it :scared: