Playdough

Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:10 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Playdough

Totally serious question so stop laughing!!!

Can you import playdough into Oz? Mrs Buzzy has bought some for the Buzzettes to play with on the plane (that in itself sounds like a recipe for trouble) but I'm concerned that it may be considered a foodstuff or something by AQIS.

anyone any experience?

Buzzy
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:19 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Playdough

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Can you import playdough into Oz? Mrs Buzzy has bought some for the Buzzettes to play with on the plane (that in itself sounds like a recipe for trouble) but I'm concerned that it may be considered a foodstuff or something by AQIS.

anyone any experience?

Buzzy
Even if you took it on the plane - could you not throw it away before going through customs??

Can't imagine having young kids on a long journey - my OH will be bad enough - wonder if I can buy some valium
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:26 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

anyone any experience?

Buzzy
Get the kids to eat the evidence
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

How old are your girls buzzy, cause my 19 month old just loves to eat the stuff, not play with it
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassycat
Even if you took it on the plane - could you not throw it away before going through customs??

Can't imagine having young kids on a long journey - my OH will be bad enough - wonder if I can buy some valium
i'd also do this, take it on the plane and bin it once you get off, or leave it on the plane for the cleaners to dispose of
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:37 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Playdough

Originally Posted by milliesmum
How old are your girls buzzy, cause my 19 month old just loves to eat the stuff, not play with it
Ours are both 17 months - they don't like the taste!!!

Buzzy
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Buzzy
Do you think they might tell my dd that then
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Buzzy

We always bring play doh on the plane but have never declared it!!! Never thought to! It's not edible and is packed with salt to preserve it. Plus, it's heated to burst the starch grains... and there's no egg in it.
We've probably never declared it because there's no need, thinking about it now.
You can always declare it but I suspect they'd wave it through. They let through my jam and a home made fruit cake last time. Play doh is the least of their problems.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Do you think they might tell my dd that then

Make your own - it's so salty they won't touch it. Takes 2 minutes and it's dirt cheap - and you can use the containers from the stuff you bought. The kids like to help too and choose the colour, plus mixing.
I use this:

http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/curriculum/pep/playdo.htm

Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll be fine, but if you are in doubt, just leave it in the seat pocket on the plane, (wrapped up!) or put it in a throw-away-or-declare bin before you get to Customs.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

the thing is will you be able to take it on in the first place, or have they relaxed the restrictions now
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iPom
Make your own - it's so salty they won't touch it. Takes 2 minutes and it's dirt cheap - and you can use the containers from the stuff you bought. The kids like to help too and choose the colour, plus mixing.
I use this:

http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/curriculum/pep/playdo.htm

Thanks for the recipe, will give it a try as she does eat the stuff from elc, disgusting child!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the recipe, will give it a try as she does eat the stuff from elc, disgusting child!
make it in the microwave saves your arm hurting - didn't read the recipe so if its the micro one then sorry
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

They put almond scent in the ELC one which makes it tasty.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DebraH
make it in the microwave saves your arm hurting - didn't read the recipe so if its the micro one then sorry

LOL - never done it in the mw've before, but then my arm doesn't usually hurt either...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.