Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pi##ed off already!!

Pi##ed off already!!

Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pi##ed off already!!

Originally Posted by Urno
Kicking arse in a poo showroom. Schoolboy error

Sorry, couldn't resist....

I'm off to fiddly with my willy whilst picking my nose and eating the bogeys.

Don't tell or i'll give you a chinese burn.
Filter is up and running. Handover bloke was REALLY good, but did confirm he doesnt work for the pool company!!!
Couldnt show me how to use the creepy crawley as he has to wait for the headers to go on?? Couldnt test the water feature as they havent put the pipework in??
He then said he is supposed to collect $1890 today but told me not to bother giving it to them. He said the pool company has mucked us about so much, let them chase us for it. IMOP..............no water feature..............no money!!!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Too right..... don't hand any more dosh over until you are happy with the FINISHED product.

We have just today had a call from Sapphire Pools asking for the rest of their payment! Un-bloody-believable!!!! What was hilarious was that it was from our "customer liason officer", who oddly enough during this whole fiasco has not been available! Lucky for her it was my husband who picked up the call and not me.... he's so much nicer than me

She apparently tentatively asked if we intended to pay, and if we didn't our "warranty" would be void! As if that means anything! Told her we had already had to have the pump replaced. Her response was that we shouldn't have done that without their say-so

She also sreiously expected us to go ahead with them putting in the solar heating....I DON'T think so love!

The cheek of these people never ceases to amaze me
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:42 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

OMG I can't believe how much trouble this has caused.

Hope it doesn't take to much longer to sort out.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:07 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sandra I so empathise with you! Our pool company are so unreliable and I won't be recommending them! Our pool was finally finished the day before yesterday but should have been finished ages ago. They were supposed to start last year but didn't, they don't turn up when they are supposed to which I find sooo irritating and rude! Both my hubby and I have had to ring a number of times to find out WTF is going on!
I have open pipes along one side where Im sure there are supposed to plastic caps fitted so I shall have to give them another ring. (I have visions of my hubby getting his goolies sucked into one )
Fortunately we havent had as many problems as you but I have rung the manager and given his ear a bashing and I'm not one to mince my words!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We've booked Scossie's company - so I'll let you guys know how different his company is from the rest !!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:50 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meelie
(I have visions of my hubby getting his goolies sucked into one )

Think my hubby would quite like that, he'd want to leave them as is
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:51 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by meelie
I have rung the manager and given his ear a bashing and I'm not one to mince my words!
They wont be in the slightest bit bothered. Unfortunately the building industry is one of those occasions in life where they KNOW you will only use them once, how many people get more than one house/pool built............a tiny minority thats for sure. The result of this is they KNOW they can do almost anything they like, and it wont matter, because there is no repeat business at the end of the contract! I am surprised there are any elders left in the world, following the number of tradesmen I have used, that had to attend their grannies funeral, so couldnt attend my job as arranged. I am certain that all people who know they will only be required once, are very unreliable, because they are always chasing work, so start a new job, just to get it into the system at the expense of others. Very annoying and very disappointing, but a fact of life unfortunately. Yet businesses that get repeat business (on the whole) are almost completely reliable. It shouldnt be like this..........but it is. :curse:
Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:15 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
They wont be in the slightest bit bothered. Unfortunately the building industry is one of those occasions in life where they KNOW you will only use them once, how many people get more than one house/pool built............a tiny minority thats for sure. The result of this is they KNOW they can do almost anything they like, and it wont matter, because there is no repeat business at the end of the contract! I am surprised there are any elders left in the world, following the number of tradesmen I have used, that had to attend their grannies funeral, so couldnt attend my job as arranged. I am certain that all people who know they will only be required once, are very unreliable, because they are always chasing work, so start a new job, just to get it into the system at the expense of others. Very annoying and very disappointing, but a fact of life unfortunately. Yet businesses that get repeat business (on the whole) are almost completely reliable. It shouldnt be like this..........but it is. :curse:
It's a fair point that you're making about repeat business.
In our case as a small pool company, we rely a lot on referrals from existing customers to their mates / work colleagues etc, rather than advertising.
Not repeat business as such, but pretty similar so we obviously wouldn't want to create a bad impression.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:24 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Think my hubby would quite like that, he'd want to leave them as is
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:26 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Apparently they also take on too much work and give the customers unrealistic time frames.