Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pi##ed off already!!

Pi##ed off already!!

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:45 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pi##ed off already!!

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Still no filter on!!!
Have called the site superviser 3 times today and let rip.
Then called the head office, and as usual, got an answer machine.
Left a message to call me back.............no call.
Today had a paver around to give me a quote. He then said there is far too much soil around the pool, that now has to be moved.
Going to call again tommorrow!!!!
Bloody hell...!!!

I take it you mean by, "no filter on" that there is no pump / filter / salt chlorinator? If this is the case then what you have is pretty much a pool full of stagnant water!

This is not good! The lack of a filter is not the main issue. The main issue is that you've got a pool full of plain ordinary water. This water has to be sanitised. The filter doesn't sanitise anything! The chlorination process does, whether it is is being done by a salt chlorinator, chemical feeder, or manual chlorine dosing. Whichever one it is, the water has to be pumped round the system for it to become sanitised.

You can"t leave a pool unsanitised for very long!
Particularly if it's a pool with no chemicals in it whatsoever!
You can, "get it back" if it's only been stagnant for a short while but if it's like that for a long time the pool needs to be drained and refilled.

And you can't drain a fibreglass pool....!!!

Well you can.... but unlike a concrete pool, (and I'm not plugging my own company..) a fibreglass pool has absolutely no structural integrity. It relies on the weight of the water inside it to offset the weight of the surrounding ground.
Take the water out & it'll crumple up like a paper bag...!!!

As I said, it can be drained, but it has to be propped out with steel props in all directions before draining to prevent it crumpling up.

What I'm really getting at is that you need to get whoever it is who is installing your pool, (and I wouldn't mind a PM from you to tell me who it is) to get the finger out ASAP or you're in for in for even more grief that you obviously don't need....!!

Good luck....

Cheers... John....
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:01 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Can i come over in me boardies tomo and do a few laps of your pool
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:20 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Can i come over in me boardies tomo and do a few laps of your pool
I think you already know the answer to that and it begins and ends in 'f'
Hope you get it sorted tomorrow Sandra, seems you have a lot on your plate at the moment.
Pity you can't make it to the Boat tomorrow, maybe catch up with you some other time.
Tracey
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
I think you already know the answer to that and it begins and ends in 'f'
Hope you get it sorted tomorrow Sandra, seems you have a lot on your plate at the moment.
Pity you can't make it to the Boat tomorrow, maybe catch up with you some other time.
Tracey
...............Still no filter..Apparently it is being fitted tommorrow!!!! Heard that before!!!
Need to pick some brains.............before we had the pool put in the garden was all level, just grass. Now the pool is in we have been left with too much soil!! Had a bloke in to look at paving it and he said there is far too much dirt there........should they have left so much soil?????
Old Apr 4th 2007, 1:41 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

...............Still no filter..Apparently it is being fitted tommorrow!!!! Heard that before!!!
Need to pick some brains.............before we had the pool put in the garden was all level, just grass. Now the pool is in we have been left with too much soil!! Had a bloke in to look at paving it and he said there is far too much dirt there........should they have left so much soil?????
They left us with a load for backfill, but there was far too much.
OH rang them and they said it was normal to be left with a 'small' amount and it was our job to get it remved.
OH told them how much there was left in cubic feet and they didn't believe him. They sent someone out to have a look and they agreed - they picked it up the next day.
Tracey
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
They left us with a load for backfill, but there was far too much.
OH rang them and they said it was normal to be left with a 'small' amount and it was our job to get it remved.
OH told them how much there was left in cubic feet and they didn't believe him. They sent someone out to have a look and they agreed - they picked it up the next day.
Tracey
Still no filter!! Had the handover bloke round to 'handover', said he would also put on filter......couldnt do it as they havent left enough room between the pipework to fit the sand filter. I was bloody livid by then, had a big bust up with the site superviser but he wasnt really bothered.
said it was our fault they had to move the pool??????
And it was our problem to get rid of the surplus soil. I could have smacked him in the gob!!!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:00 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Still no filter!! Had the handover bloke round to 'handover', said he would also put on filter......couldnt do it as they havent left enough room between the pipework to fit the sand filter. I was bloody livid by then, had a big bust up with the site superviser but he wasnt really bothered.
said it was our fault they had to move the pool??????
And it was our problem to get rid of the surplus soil. I could have smacked him in the gob!!!
Really feel for you, it would appear all these pool companies are tarred with the same brush, what can be so difficult about it. I think we should have a game of my three favourite words, to help cheer you up. My 3 favourites are Buck, An, and finally Ear
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:03 pm
happy to be here!

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Really feel for you, it would appear all these pool companies are tarred with the same brush, what can be so difficult about it. I think we should have a game of my three favourite words, to help cheer you up. My 3 favourites are Buck, An, and finally Ear
Hope this helps.

Been there, done that, got the Tshirt to prove it
Hubby says the next pool we have he'll do himself
No disrespect to you Scossie, don't mean your compnay when I say this, but these big pool companies are all the same.
Just wondering whether it's just the Brits that have problems with them - I'm sure they see us Brits and think, loads of money, just off the plane, lets get what we can from them!
Hubby asked our foreman - how *****ing hard is it to dig a hole and put a lump of plastic in it
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hope this helps.

You have hit the nail on the head with the name of the pool company!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been a bloody nightmare from beginning to end (well still not at the bloody end)

Couldnt even plan a pool for the garden correctly, as when the bob cat arrived the pool was too big for the garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Buccaneer, Sapphire, Freedom pools..... all owned by Aquatechnics who are shite.

We used Sapphire pools last year- or should I say this year as they are still messing us about now. From day one when the bobcat man came it all went wrong. He dug the hole too big and didn't have a clue what he was doing. Pool delivered and put in the ground- 10 cm too deep into the ground!!!!! Major arguements lasting months to get them to come and take it out and put it right. Wrong pump, wrong filter, no water feature provision. Having to have the pool emptied totally to correct their mess, then the rep arguing about replacing salt etc Shit I get stressed just thinking about it!!!!!

Their attemps to bully us were disgraceful. I dread to think how many people they have intimidated with threats of legal action. We were repeatedly lied to.

The whole process began end Nov '06 and although the pool is now in the correct position we are still in a mess with no paving or solar heating. After the F up they made of the install there was no way we were going to let them do any more work.

I hope lots of people read this thread and NEVER use any pool company associated with AQUATECHNICS. :curse:
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wren
Buccaneer, Sapphire, Freedom pools..... all owned by Aquatechnics who are shite.

We used Sapphire pools last year- or should I say this year as they are still messing us about now. From day one when the bobcat man came it all went wrong. He dug the hole too big and didn't have a clue what he was doing. Pool delivered and put in the ground- 10 cm too deep into the ground!!!!! Major arguements lasting months to get them to come and take it out and put it right. Wrong pump, wrong filter, no water feature provision. Having to have the pool emptied totally to correct their mess, then the rep arguing about replacing salt etc Shit I get stressed just thinking about it!!!!!

Their attemps to bully us were disgraceful. I dread to think how many people they have intimidated with threats of legal action. We were repeatedly lied to.

The whole process began end Nov '06 and although the pool is now in the correct position we are still in a mess with no paving or solar heating. After the F up they made of the install there was no way we were going to let them do any more work.

I hope lots of people read this thread and NEVER use any pool company associated with AQUATECHNICS. :curse:

Wow!!! Exactly the same as us!!!!! Also having problems with water feature that we paid for and didnt get!!!! Supervisor isnt called Marcus is he?
And when you try and call your Liason Officer (joke that is) all you get is a bloody answer machine.
I think it is disgraceful that we are charged well over $20,000 for a product and all we get is shite!!!:curse:
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:56 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wren
Buccaneer, Sapphire, Freedom pools..... all owned by Aquatechnics who are shite. We used Sapphire pools last year- or should I say this year as they are still messing us about now. From day one when the bobcat man came it all went
As far as I am aware, these five companies are all owned by the same person; Aqua Technics, Buccaneer, Neptune, Dolphin, and Sapphire Pools.
I dont think they own Freedom.

Wow!!! Exactly the same as us!!!!! Also having problems with water feature that we paid for and didnt get!!!! Supervisor isnt called Marcus is he?
And when you try and call your Liason Officer (joke that is) all you get is a bloody answer machine.
I think it is disgraceful that we are charged well over $20,000 for a product and all we get is shite!!!:curse:
Probably a bit late for both of you which is a shame, but we have heard very good reports about these people: http://www.fibretechnics.com.au/ and also know someone who has used them, with outstanding results.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

As far as I am aware, these five companies are all owned by the same person; Aqua Technics, Buccaneer, Neptune, Dolphin, and Sapphire Pools.
I dont think they own Freedom.

Probably a bit late for both of you which is a shame, but we have heard very good reports about these people: http://www.fibretechnics.com.au/ and also know someone who has used them, with outstanding results.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Got home from work today and the little elves have been in to fit a filter to my pool!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I need a strong drink.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 9:32 am
happy to be here!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Got home from work today and the little elves have been in to fit a filter to my pool!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I need a strong drink.
Whoooooooooooooo!
One step closer
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:00 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Been to the poo, show roomk today and kicked arses.
Kicking arse in a poo showroom. Schoolboy error

Sorry, couldn't resist....

I'm off to fiddly with my willy whilst picking my nose and eating the bogeys.

Don't tell or i'll give you a chinese burn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.