Paint

Old Dec 10th 2011, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paint

OMG Woodchip wallpaper.... What barstard invented that stuff???? Became ONE with the wall.... impossible to remove, impossible to live with...

YEUCH
Old Dec 10th 2011, 6:47 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eddie007
OMG Woodchip wallpaper.... What barstard invented that stuff???? Became ONE with the wall.... impossible to remove, impossible to live with...

YEUCH
That was the same time people were covering up lovely old doors with hardboard and painting them. We have spent the last 40 years undoing the wrongs of the 50's/60's/70's. Decorating and life.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sheene
That was the same time people were covering up lovely old doors with hardboard and painting them. We have spent the last 40 years undoing the wrongs of the 50's/60's/70's. Decorating and life.
I had bamboo flooring put down a few years back. Took the skirting boards off while it was being done and discovered that they were made of cedar but had been glossed !
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:15 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I had bamboo flooring put down a few years back. Took the skirting boards off while it was being done and discovered that they were made of cedar but had been glossed !
Lucky you. I'm in the process of having bamboo flooring put down, and have just discovered the skirting boards are cardboard. Or something like that. Turn into a soggy mess when the patio door leaks, I know that much.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:18 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider
Lucky you. I'm in the process of having bamboo flooring put down, and have just discovered the skirting boards are cardboard. Or something like that. Turn into a soggy mess when the patio door leaks, I know that much.
Probably MDF, also called Medium Density Fibreboard, which is compressed wood pulp mixed with glue. When it gets wet, the glue dissolves, leaving woodpulp = cardboard!
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:20 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of you used the Wattyl Low VOC range and can give me feedback, please?

I want to use something with as few nasties in as possible but this stuff http://www.energyandwatersolutions.com.au/setup.htm looks a heck of a faff and, as we have the whole apartment to do, relatively expensive, so exploring other options.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 12:21 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by sheene
Probably MDF, also called Medium Density Fibreboard, which is compressed wood pulp mixed with glue. When it gets wet, the glue dissolves, leaving woodpulp = cardboard!
Yes I think it is MDF. The floor man didn't recognise the profile and now we know why. Hoping it's not tricky to find some or we'll be replacing the whole lot.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

I've just recently spent 18 months painting every bloody square inch of the house using all variety's of different brands of paint and yes it is sh1t (the paint that is not the finished job ) Good thing to come out of it all is the fact there's 5 coats of paint in most places so i doubt the house will blow away in the event of a cyclone hitting us
Old Dec 11th 2011, 4:45 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
I've just recently spent 18 months painting every bloody square inch of the house using all variety's of different brands of paint and yes it is sh1t (the paint that is not the finished job ) Good thing to come out of it all is the fact there's 5 coats of paint in most places so i doubt the house will blow away in the event of a cyclone hitting us
But you did make a first class job of it mate
Old Dec 11th 2011, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
But you did make a first class job of it mate
Well thank you kind sir