British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Paedophile who lived in Australia for 56 years sent to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/paedophile-who-lived-australia-56-years-sent-uk-523373/)

cresta57 Mar 22nd 2008 9:47 pm

Re: Paedophile who lived in Australia for 56 years sent to UK

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 6099466)
Thanks for the background info. I always thought that she had got a raw deal.

She got a raw deal as the crime committed by her lover was just so heinous. Media & the police made her out to be almost as guilty as Huntley while others who had given statements in almost identical situations often escaped prosecution.
Carr herself wasn't the brightest of young women nor was she attractive, she often stripped in public to attract attention, we had to eject her a few times from the local.
Huntley sexually assaulted a couple of girls I knew quite well, police didn't investigate properly as they were out on the town "dressed provocatively" & "asking for it" Had they done a proper job he would have been in prison or at worst on the sex offenders register & unable to work within the education system:curse:

Read these, particularly the bit about the suspension of the chief constable: Wiki Ian Huntley
BBC News
Rooftop protest

mattmc Mar 22nd 2008 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 6099559)
She got a raw deal as the crime committed by her lover was just so heinous. Media & the police made her out to be almost as guilty as Huntley while others who had given statements in almost identical situations often escaped prosecution.
Carr herself wasn't the brightest of young women nor was she attractive, she often stripped in public to attract attention, we had to eject her a few times from the local.
Huntley sexually assaulted a couple of girls I knew quite well, police didn't investigate properly as they were out on the town "dressed provocatively" & "asking for it" Had they done a proper job he would have been in prison or at worst on the sex offenders register & unable to work within the education system:curse:

Read these, particularly the bit about the suspension of the chief constable: Wiki Ian Huntley
BBC News
Rooftop protest

Interesting. Firstly I too think she got more than she deserved but have you read the trial accounts on crime library which quotes BBC reports.
If I have my timelines correct here Huntley and Carr were arrested in August and went to trial Nov the same year. It says that is wasn't until 2 weeks into the trial that Huntley confessed and then Carr confessed she had lied to protect him. The reason she gave was that she didn't want a previous rape allegation against Huntley unearthed again. Both were on remand so she was lying from August until November to police about being inside the house to protect a boyfriend who had a previous rape allegation and only retracted her story after the boyfriend confessed to the killings. If? and I say if this is correct you would have thought she would have come clean earlier.
I would say this is a bit more than stupidity.
I agree that the cops were a disgrace.

mattmc Mar 22nd 2008 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by mattmc (Post 6099669)
Interesting. Firstly I too think she got more than she deserved but have you read the trial accounts on crime library which quotes BBC reports.
If I have my timelines correct here Huntley and Carr were arrested in August and went to trial Nov the same year. It says that is wasn't until 2 weeks into the trial that Huntley confessed and then Carr confessed she had lied to protect him. The reason she gave was that she didn't want a previous rape allegation against Huntley unearthed again. Both were on remand so she was lying from August until November to police about being inside the house to protect a boyfriend who had a previous rape allegation and only retracted her story after the boyfriend confessed to the killings. If? and I say if this is correct you would have thought she would have come clean earlier.
I would say this is a bit more than stupidity.
I agree that the cops were a disgrace.

Apologies my timelines are incorrect, the trial was in fact in November of the following year, 2003. That means she had lied to police for 16 months.

The OH Mar 22nd 2008 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by IvanM (Post 6099444)
But would you leave the member in tact ready for reoffense?

If it was up to me he would never see tomorrow morning.

cresta57 Mar 22nd 2008 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by mattmc (Post 6099693)
Apologies my timelines are incorrect, the trial was in fact in November of the following year, 2003. That means she had lied to police for 16 months.

Your timelines are indeed incorrect Matt, she retracted her statement within 2 weeks [13 day to be precise] hence the charges brought against her of providing false alibi & attempting to pervert the course of justice. Had she continued with the initial alibi the charge would have been perjury.
Police came to the local pub within 15 days of the murders and seized video footage of Carr from the nights she alleged she was with Huntley, I was there when they came.
Our local paper printed more accurate details than the nationals:

" For almost two weeks, Maxine Carr denied the awful truth that stared her in the face.
Police arrested Carr at the same time as Huntley
Her boyfriend Ian Huntley had committed murder in the home they shared. Not once, but twice.
If she had exposed his lies after Holly and Jessica went missing, the police would have quickly established that he was the killer.
But, believing him to be innocent, she tried to protect him, and Soham's agony was prolonged for 13 days
."

Lordhorrace Apr 2nd 2008 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede (Post 6092728)
A paedophile has been booted out of my country and sent back to where he belongs.

Paedophile arrested; deported; will now be monitored by the police. None of these are good things?

I can live with it.

No I think this is totally irresponsible of the Australian Authorities to deport someone who has lived the majority of his life in this country for 60+ yrs - he was only 5yrs old when he left Britain. All of his formative years have been spent in Australia (- who I believe has a moral obligation to detain and therefore protect communities whether they be Austalian or British.) We cannot keep harking back to the criminals being deported to Australia during the 19th century - surely we have moved on from this and have learned from it????

renth Apr 2nd 2008 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Lordhorrace (Post 6151051)
No I think this is totally irresponsible of the Australian Authorities to deport someone who has lived the majority of his life in this country for 60+ yrs - he was only 5yrs old when he left Britain. All of his formative years have been spent in Australia (- who I believe has a moral obligation to detain and therefore protect communities whether they be Austalian or British.) We cannot keep harking back to the criminals being deported to Australia during the 19th century - surely we have moved on from this and have learned from it????

Don't agree, he's a foreigner, kick him out.

Lordhorrace Apr 2nd 2008 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by renth (Post 6151057)
Don't agree, he's a foreigner, kick him out.

LOL We're all foreigners!! just happen to have citizenship

renth Apr 2nd 2008 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Lordhorrace (Post 6151079)
LOL We're all foreigners!! just happen to have citizenship

We're not all paedos though. Chuck em all out if they are not citizens I say.

AndyR1976 Apr 2nd 2008 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by renth (Post 6151089)
We're not all paedos though. Chuck em all out if they are not citizens I say.

CHuck out peado's .....

If I had my way you'd cut their d i c k's off, take them 300 kms from land and dump them in the ocean......

let them stay there for a few hours treading water and then die a slow and painful death.......thats what I'd do!

No excuse for their sicko minds - and the same thing for guys who viscously rape women...... a quick death is too good for them!

The Woodcutter Apr 2nd 2008 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by AndyR1976 (Post 6151238)
CHuck out peado's .....

If I had my way you'd cut their d i c k's off, take them 300 kms from land and dump them in the ocean......

let them stay there for a few hours treading water and then die a slow and painful death.......thats what I'd do!

No excuse for their sicko minds - and the same thing for guys who viscously rape women...... a quick death is too good for them!

Just out of interest, what would you do with female peadophiles?

Hutch Apr 2nd 2008 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by AndyR1976 (Post 6151238)
CHuck out peado's .....

Can we add lawyers and estate agents to the list too.

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter (Post 6151452)
Just out of interest, what would you do with female peadophiles?

Tie 'em to the male paedos prior to dumping 'em offshore?

rabsody Apr 30th 2008 12:32 am

And another one ....

A convicted murderer and serial rapist - deported to Britain from Australia four months ago after offences in Queensland and throughout the country - has been charged with stabbing and trying to rape a UK pensioner.

The man had lived in Australia since 1960, when he was two years old, but was deported last year under Australia's rules on foreigners who abuse their residency.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...234918017.html

Reedy Apr 30th 2008 12:45 am

Originally Posted by rabsody (Post 6287722)
And another one ....

A convicted murderer and serial rapist - deported to Britain from Australia four months ago after offences in Queensland and throughout the country - has been charged with stabbing and trying to rape a UK pensioner.

The man had lived in Australia since 1960, when he was two years old, but was deported last year under Australia's rules on foreigners who abuse their residency.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...234918017.html

:( This is awful....

Machiavelli Apr 30th 2008 1:29 am

OMG!

I don't know what to say.

M:(