Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OZ Gov Financial Discrimination of Gay & Les Couples

OZ Gov Financial Discrimination of Gay & Les Couples

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ Gov Financial Discrimination of Gay & Les Couples

[quote=jon and alex;4957555][quote=Bix;4957415]
Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I believe it may have something to do with the insertion of a willy into an orifice that usually is more used to log-chopping duty.

So how come so many straight men want bum fun with women then??!!
You know that for a fact do you ?

I have no experience in that but perhaps you do.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sugo
and this is not homophobic??

What is it to you what people do in their bedrooms, how does it effect you.

So its ok to make it illegal for two 16 year olds of the same sex to have sex, but its legal for them to go to war.

So the law (pre 1997) said that 16 and a half year olds (with parents permission) were able to choose to fight and die for their country but were not able to have the freedom of sexuality.

This thread started out as an advisory on how the current government in Oz discriminates gay people. The majority of posters on the thread have used it to 'have a go' at gay people and the politicians who believe in equality and freedom.

I dont care if people hate me, but i do care when these people try to tell me how i live my life. I dont preach about adultery, I dont tell parents how to bring up their children thats because I dont have the (moral) right to. Neither should you have the right to tell me that the way I live my life is wrong.

Yeah the is alot of humour around gay people, we have learnt to use it to make things better. Comedians like Graham Norton have got into peoples homes via the TV, and made being gay acceptable to many who have never knowingly met someone who is gay.

The thing with the humour is where it comes from, whos saying it and why. A group of people singling out an individual and making jokes about them can be perceived as bullying.

Im beggining to find it funny that how I live my life in private can have such an effect on others.

Are your lives so empty and hollow that you have to worry about what we do in the bedroom.

Marian K Pitts, Murray A Couch and Anthony M A Smith MJA 2006

So what do you think the 300 000 (and thats a massive underestimate) men should be allowed to do. Should we have pink triangles sown onto our chests, should we have no legal protection. Would this make you happy, would your life be easier when you can identify the gays.

Im still going to OZ, and when i come across people who hold the same beliefs as some of the posters on here I will look after them in a professional manner, because I dont hate them, I pity them.
Not everyone hates you mate!!!! I'm as straight as a very straight thing on Straight Day and I don't hate gays or lesbians (I'm a bloke too!).
Couldn't agree more with what you say - who gives a f*** what consenting adults get up to as long as it doesn't affect others.
I love my gay friends - they are great! I just cannot understand all the homophobic views spilling out on here!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Bix;4957593][quote=jon and alex;4957555]
Originally Posted by Bix

You know that for a fact do you ?

I have no experience in that but perhaps you do.
Errrr, I really don't want to get into a playground fight!
I'm not sure if you are suggesting that I am a woman who has been propositioned or that I am the man who has tried to have bum fun with a girl.
I'm even less sure why you care.
On second thoughts, maybe the playground fight is easier "Looking in the mirror aren't you?"
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I was questioning the validity of your statement.

Back passage entry is not something I have experience in.
I prefer to use the front door.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:37 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Is this thread going anywhere?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by busterboy
No!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
"Look into it" means "Sod the election year, the gays and lesbians can get stuffed. We've got more important things to do".

Which is true.
Not if you happen to one of those gays / lesbians bringing up a family and being discrimiated against - or maybe you have more important things to worry about. Yep ... I am one of those who can get stuffed.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I was questioning the validity of your statement.

Back passage entry is not something I have experience in.
I prefer to use the front door.

Pleeeeeeeeeeese ... is this the best you can do? It's not even 14 year humour. Lesbians take note.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

We made the move in 2004 to Australia with our two (UK) adopted children. My partenr of 18 years grew up in Australia and warned me that the place could be quite backward. I was the one who longed for the sunshine and I have no regrets on that score. As two professional well integrated guys in the UK where our situation was never questioned, where schools never raised an eyebrow and where our civil union give us identical status as married couples, I would say to any gay person, "think very carefully before you more to Australia". It is backward as far as g/l are concerned. we are in the middle of a "born again" bible belt. Yep the U.S. type "The is only one way" is increasing in influence in Australia and heavensforbid if you have kids. You will find yourself having to educate everyone from the School Principal to your GP. Having said that I love the natural beauty of the place and the weather - but to be honest, that's it. Caveat Emptor

Originally Posted by Sugo
What a lovely bunch of people you are. WTF does what people do in their own bedroom seem to upset so many. WTF did you even bother to post on this thread.

Suppose some on here would like it if they made concentration camps in the desert so all the fairies and dykes can be rounded up and killed.

Yeah its OTT but i find homophobes to be the lowest type of people, like racists. Totally stupid, how does two people who love each other living together upset you. Im **ssed off with inequalities, Im *issed off with the jokes and remarks and im *issed off with people who feel they should push their beliefs onto me.

How would straight unmarried couples feel if when one falls ill they have no right to visit them in hospital, they have no say what happens to them. I have heard of gay partners not being allowed to visit their partner while they were in intensive care. They only allowed family in, they didnt class his partner as family.

Australia needs to wake up, we arnt going anywhere, we are the same as everyone else. we vote and we pay taxes.

As for the person who wrote 'im sure this is of great concern to all the families who frequent BE' well it might be a great concern when your kid turns around and tells you they are gay.

I'm a non flag waving guy who happens to be gay, im just me, i dont act gay and i dont hide it, but ive experienced homophobia here in NZ, ive had people at work talk of my relationship with my fella with disgust. Best bit is the idiot who made the remarks was himself having an affair with a married woman. Then there was the time we wanted to move, we went to 5 different places to view and met the landlords, when we told them we were a couple we heard nothing from them and one made overtly homophobic comments. We are both professionals working in health care, perfect tenants but nope, noone wanted to have us as tenants. Found if I went alone as a single male had no problems.

yep this is turning into a rant. But im sick of the stupid
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Because they didn't have that many **** as ministers. As opposed to the British labour party who have loads and their first action after being elected in 1997 was to reduce the age of buggery even though there was no mention of it in their election manifesto. Peter Mandleson was very happy.
Hmmm - your use of words defines your thinking. Nice such englightened intellectuals use this forum. By the way buggery is by far practiced by more heterosexuals than homosexuals - or disn't you know that? And it was never illegal.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:22 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian12
we are in the middle of a "born again" bible belt. Yep the U.S. type "The is only one way" is increasing in influence in Australia and heavensforbid if you have kids.
I find this born again crap really scary.

They slag off hindus, muslims, gays, anything at all that they don't consider 'normal'.

The brainwashing tactics are frightening. I saw a programme about it the other night and couldnt understand how people can even believe it.

Extremism comes in many forms and this is just another example.

I am tempted to move into their 'bible belt', parade my Arab husband in front of them, then tell them I also have a girlfriend and swing happily in both directions. (I dont by the way but by christ do people like that get on my nerves)

Failing that, i would be tempted to tell them that I am a devil worshipper and do they know where the nearest devil centre is.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don't think so, what words/phrases in particular. I thought it was just the N word that was banned.

If we are talking about the homosexual age of consent, fortunately is doesn't affect me, I am neither a priest or choirboy or need a rent boy. If we are talking about the heterosexual age of consent, I should be so lucky.

As you say, they were voted in, probably by the housewife vote who think an effeminate man understands their needs.
You can hear his knuckles scraping on the floor can't you?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:00 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: OZ Gov Financial Discrimination of Gay & Les Couples

Originally Posted by Ian12
Not if you happen to one of those gays / lesbians bringing up a family and being discrimiated against - or maybe you have more important things to worry about. Yep ... I am one of those who can get stuffed.
I hate to spell this out, but... it was a tongue in cheek response. I was giving what I believe to be the government's opinion; I wasn't endorsing it, and I wasn't telling anyone to get stuffed. Capiche?

On a personal note... do I believe that there are issues of higher priority than the legal minutiae of gay relationships? Yes, I do. The high rates of deprivation, domestic violence and sexual abuse of children in remote Aboriginal communities springs to mind. I'd say that's pretty bloody important.

As I said in a previous post: it was only a few decades ago that de facto couples in mixed sex relationships were in exactly the same position. They had to wait for the law to change; now gay & lesbian couples are in the same boat.

Laws change with society, and that takes time. Secular democracy is progressive, but it doesn't move at the speed of light.

This is why I'm surprised that people are slating Australia as "backward" just because it doesn't (currently) allow the legal registration of same-sex unions. I was interested to know how many countries have endorsed same-sex unions, so I did a little research. The results may surprise you.

Of the 200+ countries on this planet, only 16 have introduced the legal registration of same-sex unions. Even within that tiny number, legislation varies considerably. Some countries will not endorse the union as "marriage", preferring the term "civil union"; others still retain some restrictions on the legal and financial rights of the couple in question. In the USA, same-sex unions are legal - but only in 4 states!

So please, let's have a little perspective here.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:07 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busterboy
Up it's own ... er ... backside?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:17 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LauraC
And yet plenty of men try to get their girlfriends/wives into allowing them to put it in the same place. Strange.

The whole idea of putting anything up there grosses me out, but if other people want to who am I to stop them?

I knew I was somewhere close with the Shakespeare quote!
Indeed, a weird thing to my mind too ... maybe the majority of these men have partners who have Bucket Fannys and need a bit 'o' friction again.

They could of course be just wanting a bit of dirty action ... if I want something out of the ordinary in my personal life then I'll ask the wife to iron a shirt ... and, like the butt-obsessed men, it doesn't happen often.

Some vaguely relevant Bardy quotes:
"My words fly up, my thoughts remain below"
"All that glisters is not gold"
"O happy dagger!"
"Is this a dagger which I see before me?"
"O, what men dare do!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.