Our story

Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

ChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Our story

David and Hannah

I understand how you feel, you life in the uk is hum drum and like groundhog day, you want something better for your family, for your child to grow up in better surroundings, but it doesnt have to be now. I wanted to go NOW, and jumped into applying for visas and such, having never been to oz, i was willing to throw everything away here in the uk for 'the better life'. but when i took a step back i realised oz wasnt going anywhere, we should go and explore on a holiday make sure it truly is the right choice for my family, we can then save up enough money to survive on should we not get jobs ( hubby is on modl and csl and still very few jobs available).

My advise would be stay in uk (even though it is an awful and depressing thought!) complete your courses here, take advantage of the uk's free healthcare, benefit support such as tax credits, child benefit.. and save like hell!! whilst getting the relevant work experience, you can then apply for the 175/176 PR visa, you will both be young enough to qualify. Like others have posted on here what if you or your child gets ill or injured, you would have to pay for medical care as it wouldnt be free like in uk, but if you went on 175 you would qualify for medicare, and schooling for your child.

even if you have a chunk of cash in the bank, staying here and saving could lead you on the way of being mortgage free, or a better house/better area.

of course it is your life and your decision, and for having the courage to make the move with a baby at 19 is great!(im 28 with 2 kids, and i am still shi**ing my pant about moving over there!). but like many others havesaid on here PLEASE think it through, do your sums, write pro and cons lists. whatever you decide good luck with your futures x
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

we are set to leave in july we are going we can support our selves we have access to funds we do not want to stay here we have waited a year and have decided it is the right time, the worst that can happen is we have to come back to the uk big deal i very much dout that will happen as we have access to larges funds and we only have to last on 20 hours each for two years, trust me i would not do this if i wasnt confident that we would be ok, please dont worry about us, as i said we do have access to large funds probably more than most people put it that way thanks for all the help though it is appreciated
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

ChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the rough

Have you got some courage to spare??? i wish i had the nerve to just get on the plane and not look back, have debated doing it but chickened out!!

you have decided and your going, and no matter what people post on here it doesnt matter, you wont change your minds. maybe (even though alot of people are worried for your family) we should now turn our attentions to helping you guys out, give advise on living in oz etc (havin never been this wouldnt be my area )good luck to the three of you, hope it is all you dreamed. take care x

(ps other posters please dont skin me for this post !)
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidb1989
we are set to leave in july we are going we can support our selves we have access to funds we do not want to stay here we have waited a year and have decided it is the right time, the worst that can happen is we have to come back to the uk big deal i very much dout that will happen as we have access to larges funds and we only have to last on 20 hours each for two years, trust me i would not do this if i wasnt confident that we would be ok, please dont worry about us, as i said we do have access to large funds probably more than most people put it that way thanks for all the help though it is appreciated
Shame you weren't open about having access to large funds in the first place - much of the advice given to your family has been based on the fact that you started off by asking about getting a loan to finance you flights as you had no cash. If you are coming here with plenty of cash behind you, life will not be as hard as it would for student visa holders without a fund to fall back on
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Shame you weren't open about having access to large funds in the first place - much of the advice given to your family has been based on the fact that you started off by asking about getting a loan to finance you flights as you had no cash. If you are coming here with plenty of cash behind you, life will not be as hard as it would for student visa holders without a fund to fall back on
i didnt say any thing as it is immbarrasing and it looks like i a big headed if i say i have lots of money
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChickChock
Have you got some courage to spare??? i wish i had the nerve to just get on the plane and not look back, have debated doing it but chickened out!!

you have decided and your going, and no matter what people post on here it doesnt matter, you wont change your minds. maybe (even though alot of people are worried for your family) we should now turn our attentions to helping you guys out, give advise on living in oz etc (havin never been this wouldnt be my area )good luck to the three of you, hope it is all you dreamed. take care x

(ps other posters please dont skin me for this post !)
you need to just do it dont let anything hold you back at the end of the day what is the worst that can happen you have to come back big deal not much of a gamble if you ask me, just do it you will regret it if you dont do it then you will never know, do it i bet you dont regret it. more fool you if you dont,
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:34 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

come over, go skydiving, go to the whitsundays, work 20 hours and try to get some good references and employment ideas, go to aires rock, dive the barrier reef, get drunk in sydney, go shopping in melbourne, go to the birdsville races, hike around kakadu - the world is your oyster. Also you can get really reasonable fares to fiji, asia and new zealand so it may be worth going to have a look there.

Enjoy!
Vivienne
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:36 am
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future

Trouble is your not acting British, they don't 'move around like that' Nice thoughts though.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viviennef
come over, go skydiving, go to the whitsundays, work 20 hours and try to get some good references and employment ideas, go to aires rock, dive the barrier reef, get drunk in sydney, go shopping in melbourne, go to the birdsville races, hike around kakadu - the world is your oyster. Also you can get really reasonable fares to fiji, asia and new zealand so it may be worth going to have a look there.

Enjoy!
Vivienne
How's he going to do all that? He's coming on a student visa with his partner and their young baby. Those activites all sound great for a 19 year old backpacking around on a working holiday, but hardly sensible when his partner will have to be attending school full time and looking after a child.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:41 am

I have to disagree

He has heaps of funds - more than most people
His child is young
He is studying - they have heaps of holidays
He is coming to the other side of the world
I have 3 children under 4 and if I had unlimited funds I would be doing all of these things and more and my children would absolutely love every moment of it.

If he is planning to stay, getting some references and an idea of the job market/area he would like to study in would be sensible incase he stayed later.

If his funds dont stretch to all this, at least read the brochures and think what can be done later after graduation.

Kids dont stop you living, unless you want them to. or like me your finances stop you from doing it because you have to buy so many sunhats

V
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:20 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Well i have read this and many of there posts and it changes every day. One minute they say they live a life with not many things but they just manage and now there loaded. I think they are just saying this so people will get off there backs about coming.
After reading these posts it seems they are coming and thats it, the more i read of them its like two spoilt children writing. Sorry if this offends you but its the way you come across, I think Dorothy has given you some great words of advice along with many others but you just won't listen. So come over here to this land you think is so much better that England. I warn you it is different to dream about living here and a completely different matter when your here, its hard and can be very lonely at times.
I wish you all the best for your life but i think you are making a huge mistake at this time with the world in the state it is.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:53 am

Yeah

Reading across the other threads, this thread is a strange one. 19, web electrician apprentice, companys, recruitment, loans to loaded,

Better get outta here.....

bye
Vivienne
Old Jan 24th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

think this is all bullshit,dont believe a word of what they are saying.its a wind up.sorry if it upsets anyone just my feelings on whats been said.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkMC
Well i have read this and many of there posts and it changes every day. One minute they say they live a life with not many things but they just manage and now there loaded. I think they are just saying this so people will get off there backs about coming.
After reading these posts it seems they are coming and thats it, the more i read of them its like two spoilt children writing. Sorry if this offends you but its the way you come across, I think Dorothy has given you some great words of advice along with many others but you just won't listen. So come over here to this land you think is so much better that England. I warn you it is different to dream about living here and a completely different matter when your here, its hard and can be very lonely at times.
I wish you all the best for your life but i think you are making a huge mistake at this time with the world in the state it is.
hello all i dont appreciate being called a lia i have a very rich familly and if i need the funds i can get them but i prefer to do things myself and earn my own money it feels much better but what i am saying is if i needed the money i can get it at a phone call away there if you all must know, now i feel like an idiot
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

aasmith1957
think this is all bullshit,dont believe a word of what they are saying.its a wind up.sorry if it upsets anyone just my feelings on whats been said.

i agree with you.

have been having my doubts about these guys as they chop and change circumstances all the time.

MarkMC
After reading these posts it seems they are coming and thats it, the more i read of them its like two spoilt children writing.

I also agree that they both come across as spoilt kids...

i think this thread is here for their own amusement. They are very choosy at what posts they reply to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.