Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

osteopath vs chiropracter

osteopath vs chiropracter

Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: osteopath vs chiropracter

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
There's good and bad.... I usually interview my chiro too... before treatment. It's a good idea.
Never had a frightening one yet, though did once get a rather ineffective one.
Out of interest, anyone had experience of Bowen Technique?

http://www.bowen.asn.au/bowen-therap...bowen-therapy/
Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:37 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not familiar with the term but it sounds very like what an osteo does or should do anyway.

Mine (the guy I saw before I moved), at least, takes a holistic approach - which is what I needed after being given stronger and stronger painkillers and injections in the knee by the rheumatologist and not getting anywhere with the physio and having a GP who didn't seem to be able to look at more than one issue at a time or connect my liver problems with the stronger and stronger painkillers... you get the drift?

He looks at the whole of you, the underlying causes as much as the symptoms, e.g., in my case I had a numb thigh; the rheumatologist was not interested and the physio couldn't find the cause. Mr Jo judged it to be referred pain from my back, which may have been due to an earlier fall. He also knew that a lot of my inflammation was caused by autoimmune issues, and grilled me about what I'd eaten as I have food intolerances and there is a link. Also communicated with my doctor and even visited my gym to discuss my programme with my personal trainer.

He was also skilling up in other areas, including TCM, and shortly before I left he started practising Trigger Point Needling - which he came to Oz to learn. I'm in two minds about that one (as I am with acupuncture, which I'd also tried).

Lest I should sound like a cult member (or a hypochondriac or just someone with way too much money), before I saw him I was very sceptical about osteos, and especially the craniosacral therapy, but when I saw him I was in a very bad way - Tiddly knows the history - and he really sorted me out.

I really need to find an osteo here but I keep putting it off in case they don't measure up.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:40 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider
I really need to find an osteo here but I keep putting it off in case they don't measure up.
Yeah, it's hard to find someone as good when you've been treated so well. That's why I interview.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to both, and definitely preferred the osteo. I found they took many less sessions to accomplish similar results. At chiros I always feel like I'm on an assembly line, as they push you in and out so fast. I have been lucky with GREAT osteos though.

Seasider, if you want a recommendation on a great osteo in Chatswood, let me know.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:01 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
Seasider, if you want a recommendation on a great osteo in Chatswood, let me know.
Yes please! I go there at least once a week so that would be good. There are a couple within 5 mins walk of me and I haven't even set foot in the clinics so very unfair, but from the info (or lack of it) on the web I'm just wary.

Tiddly - a girl has to get her priorities right. I've just spent 7 months interviewing, trialling and dismissing hair stylists, hopefully now sorted. Osteo next on the list.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:03 am

Yes please! I go there at least once a week so that would be good. There are a couple within 5 mins walk of me and I haven't even set foot in the clinics so very unfair, but from the info (or lack of it) on the web I'm just wary.

Tiddly - a girl has to get her priorities right. I've just spent 7 months interviewing, trialling and dismissing hair stylists, hopefully now sorted. Osteo next on the list.
I haven't even found anyone to cut my hair yet. I've been here nearly 3 years.

Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

You ladies and your hairs!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.pambackcare.com.au/chatswood.htm

The lady is called Im, she actually trained in the UK. I always found her able to fit me in if I needed an appointment. It's right in the tower above the Chatswood railway station.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by spartacus

You ladies and your hairs!
Hair free.... it's the only way.

I was thinking of going really short... shaving it all off.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:13 am
Auntie Fa

The lady is called Im, she actually trained in the UK. I always found her able to fit me in if I needed an appointment. It's right in the tower above the Chatswood railway station.
Great, thanks.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:16 am
Auntie Fa

Hair free.... it's the only way.

I was thinking of going really short... shaving it all off.
Mine is really, really short - I'm going to shave it off one day to see how I look but The Geek has a number zero so, if I did too, we'd look too much like bookends. I came very close after the Dengue, though, when it started falling out.

Um, sorry, mooncat - let us know how you get on!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you sure she's called Im? Is it not Er?
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:18 am

Are you sure she's called Im? Is it not Er?
Are you bored, Spartacus?
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you bored, Spartacus?
Second chortle of the morning.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:20 am

Second chortle of the morning.
You're only on your second? I'm trying to swap my home telephone on Telstra's website, only to be told to upgrade my account to do so, yet when I go to upgrade my account, they tell me I'm already registered.
It's had me chortling all morning, I can tell you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.