Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Notice of redundancy - how much?

Notice of redundancy - how much?

Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notice of redundancy - how much?

Originally Posted by jazzys
more than likely sal, they asked me what car i drove and how much that was worth too. I told them "Errrrrrr its a holden" and then she asked me what model.
I said it was a "Barina", what year? "God knows" Its actually a toyota corolla.

They certainly made me feel like i would have to have NOTHING, before they considered giving me anything.

Jazzys
It sounds really crap!
How's your boy?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone who's ever had any dealings with centrelink avoid them at all costs.

Being made redundant is a shit feeling and this is the 5th time its happened to me. and all those centrelink / jobcentre places do is make it bloody harder for ya.

They'll all go to hell, no doubt about it.

The little fella's fine Sal, as long as i don't stop his football or xbox usage nothing else in the world matters.

Jazzys
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your shit news Jazzy. We went into liquidation but had a good EBA in place thanks to the AMWU. I believe it to be an individual company thing although I would think there should be Aus law to make sure theres a minimum pay out. We hammered out, after 1 year but less than 2 (4 weeks) which rises by 2 weeks every year after 1. Up to 1, I'm afraid its nothing and only what you've accumulated in holiday pay etc.

A very good lesson for all to be part of a union especially with the global downturn causing businesses to fold.

Good luck mate.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
I think everyone who's ever had any dealings with centrelink avoid them at all costs.

Being made redundant is a shit feeling and this is the 5th time its happened to me. and all those centrelink / jobcentre places do is make it bloody harder for ya.

They'll all go to hell, no doubt about it.

The little fella's fine Sal, as long as i don't stop his football or xbox usage nothing else in the world matters.

Jazzys
Kids are great aren't they?
My OH had endless hours of frustration trying to deal with Centrelink when we first arrived & then when he was struggling to find work. Fortunately the only times I have had to deal with them have all been good experiences.
Will send you some karma!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not suggesting what they offered me was wrong by any means, i just wondered why his letter told him 3 weeks notice and mine said 2, given that i'd been there longer than him.

Maybe his is the mistake

Jazzys
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

If you have to see them at Centre Link, they want to know everything, tell them what you would get for your belongings, the normal house old effects is about $10,000 thats garage sale prices, but if you feel its less then give them that figure, my OH was made redundant 2.5yrs ago at the age of 59, if you can`t get a job they may say that you will have to work as a volunteer at some place,thats working for the dole

Last edited by blackcountrygirl; Aug 28th 2009 at 8:16 am. Reason: forgot something