Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Nightmare MIL thread

Nightmare MIL thread

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Nightmare MIL thread

OK not many folk like their MIL but who has got the worst Mine is not the most diplomatic in the world and tends to slag off my parents constantly...which pisses me off as they do not do the same. Just interested in other ppls experiences.

Debbie
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nightmare MIL thread

This is one of my MIL's lesser evils, but she comes into my house and proceeds to read all the Christmas cards!!

I don't know why, but it really annoys me!
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:42 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
This is one of my MIL's lesser evils, but she comes into my house and proceeds to read all the Christmas cards!!

LOL...my mum does that!

My ex MIL was a nightmare...she once accused my son who was 2 1/2 at time of going upstairs to his bedroom so he could go through her bag....he was actually going to the loo....ex never said a word ..... loads I could tell you...but luckily all in the past now!
Ems x
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Mine does the same, no idea why! But it bugs me too.

Debbie
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:48 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

MIL from hell.

1. Used to invite me, OH and his ex fiancee for sunday lunch, together
2. Walked out of the church when i walked in on wedding day
3. When told we were pregnant, asked how the hell that happened (at which point i was speedly removed from room by OH half way through a graffic discription?)
4. Thinks i'm satans answer to motherhood (shes not wrong, ask the kids)

i get the last laugh, cos were moving half way round the world and shes too tight to phone let alone visit.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by smiling4
LOL...my mum does that!

My ex MIL was a nightmare...she once accused my son who was 2 1/2 at time of going upstairs to his bedroom so he could go through her bag....he was actually going to the loo....ex never said a word ..... loads I could tell you...but luckily all in the past now!
Ems x
I think it is a guy thing that the will never stand up to their mums....my OH is the same.

Debbie
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiling4
LOL...my mum does that!

Ems x
Nasty - glad she's the ex-mil!

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Mine does the same, no idea why! But it bugs me too.

Debbie
It must be compulsory for MIL.

I would never do it, it is an invasion of privacy.

My MIL also thinks that because we have a dishwasher, it means that she doesn't even have to offer to help with the washing up....
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cascrew
MIL from hell.

3. When told we were pregnant, asked how the hell that happened (at which point i was speedly removed from room by OH half way through a graffic discription?)

i get the last laugh, cos were moving half way round the world and shes too tight to phone let alone visit.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:51 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brissydeb
I think it is a guy thing that the will never stand up to their mums....my OH is the same.

Debbie
If she's anything like mine it's cos her balls are bigger
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MIL from hell.

I didn't know that my MIL had a twin??

My MIL borrowed a 20 year old dress for our wedding and 'didn't have time' to buy us a present! This is not due to lack of money I must stress.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:01 pm
Where's my visa?

Have sign outside my house planted by 11 year old daughter saying

SANTA, PLEASE SWAP SISTER FOR PRESENTS

Would it be rude to change sister to MIL?

Do you think she would get the message/be offended/never visit again?

One can live in hope
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have sign outside my house planted by 11 year old daughter saying

SANTA, PLEASE SWAP SISTER FOR PRESENTS

Would it be rude to change sister to MIL?

Do you think she would get the message/be offended/never visit again?

One can live in hope
PMSL. If you do it, you must tell us what she says.

I don't want to make you jealous, but my MIL was due to come for Christmas but has cancelled as she would rather go on holiday. Yipeeeee.

I don't care that it is probably our last Crimbo in the UK and she doesn't like the heat, so won't ever spend another Christmas with her son or grand daughter and therefore is an evil old crone, but YAYYYY!!
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:14 pm
Where's my visa?

you lucky bugger, have played with idea of allowing kids to have unrestricted use of the word "Austrailia" in her presence, just to annoy her enough that she refuses to come to see us at xmas
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you lucky bugger, have played with idea of allowing kids to have unrestricted use of the word "Austrailia" in her presence, just to annoy her enough that she refuses to come to see us at xmas
Great idea!!

You could also put up a few pictures of Aus around the place, lean a didgerdoo against the wall and put Rolf Harris on the TV. Would that send her packing???
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea!!

You could also put up a few pictures of Aus around the place, lean a didgerdoo against the wall and put Rolf Harris on the TV. Would that send her packing???
My MIL is well documented on BE - we just don't have anything in common and Christmas is usually a nightmare as I can't put a foot right. But last night, for the first Christmas in the five years I've been here, she told me I'd done a good job with dinner I'm still in shock, it was only chops and chips and a bit of mushrooms, but she has told me three times how good it was! I'm stunned........I keep waiting for the veiled insult to hit me round the head, but so far so good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.