Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Never stick candles in your ears !!!

Never stick candles in your ears !!!

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:05 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Never stick candles in your ears !!!

Originally Posted by ridds
your ears must be special indeed!
its because they went to a special school
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:07 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soapy
its because they went to a special school
all on their own?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:14 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ridds
all on their own?
nah, a bus with no windows took them
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:38 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soapy
nah, a bus with no windows took them
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:43 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

this is the funniest thread in ages

but seriously it sounds like you have had some sort of reaction to the wax, and your ear canal is producing copious amounts of gunk to counter-act the irritation. has your doc given you any drops with a mild steroid in them? they should help ...

pmsl at moneypen
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I worked for a year for an ENT surgeon and in my first week of work we had a lady come in as an emergency. She had been to a salon to have ear candling and the hot way dripped down into her ear, burning her eardrum. When she came to us the Dr had to first scrape the dried wax off her eardrum to see what damage had been done. She had extensive blistering down the canal and terrible burns to her drum. The scarring from the burns left her permanently deaf in that ear.
The Dr explained also about having your ears syringed. What it does, is to blast water blindly into your ear. If not done correctly, the pressure could cause a burst drum. It's much better to go to an ENT to have suction rather than water blasted in.

Oh, and when the lady was done having the wax scraped off her eardrum, I was supposed to go into the treatment room to let her know her Botox could use a touch up and we did it at our office if she was interested.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:53 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Try a wet willy...
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:37 pm
By the sea

sparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya - well you get lots of sympathy from me. Very funny thread though.....
But seriously, hope you get better soon

Jo
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:10 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
i got ear candling done ages ago (May i think) and im still having problems with my ears!! onto my second lot of antibiotic ear drops, had to have ears syringed 3 times now, and still they are always getting blocked and yucky!!!
Never again!!!!!
hi, just to help out slightly:::::ear wax candling is known as hopi-ear.this is a very good and effective way to help out with the cleansing of the ear. hopi ear helps by removing unwanted wax that can contribute to other problems, but by leaving enough to help protect your ears from infection.....syringing is not good for your ears as it removes all of the wax and then leaves nothing to help in the defence for infection. hopi ear is meant to be a relaxing and non aggressive form of wax removing. i personally have done this treatment on many people( i am a qualified holistic therapist ) and no one has complained of any after effects. as with all therapies and treatments whether it be holistic or medical one session does not always get to the root of the problem and i always suggest follow ups to my clients to where i would inspect the ears and suggest appropiate treatment from there on.
stuck in blightys other half....liz
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:22 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
i got ear candling done ages ago (May i think) and im still having problems with my ears!! onto my second lot of antibiotic ear drops, had to have ears syringed 3 times now, and still they are always getting blocked and yucky!!!
Never again!!!!!
Never heard of ear candling sounds abit weird.

I had my ears syringed once. Not as bad as what i thought. I got cotton wool trapped in my ear so went abit deaf for a while. Very un-balancing that was.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:03 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite
My god. You are so rude. Who are you? Please look for another voluntary position because moderating obviously isnt your thing.
he was being funny

Last edited by penky; Jul 23rd 2007 at 2:16 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:11 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite
My god. You are so rude. Who are you? Please look for another voluntary position because moderating obviously isnt your thing.
Rude? How?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Awh dont worry about it. Maybe Im the dopehead.
No worries. Was taking it too seriously.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:27 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

How much ear wax do you need to make one of these hopi ear candles ?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:31 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

and is this fuse long enough ?
Attached Thumbnails Never stick candles in your ears !!!-cimg1399.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.