Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Never stick candles in your ears !!!

Never stick candles in your ears !!!

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:04 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Never stick candles in your ears !!!

i got ear candling done ages ago (May i think) and im still having problems with my ears!! onto my second lot of antibiotic ear drops, had to have ears syringed 3 times now, and still they are always getting blocked and yucky!!!
Never again!!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Never stick candles in your ears !!!

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
i got ear candling done ages ago (May i think) and im still having problems with my ears!! onto my second lot of antibiotic ear drops, had to have ears syringed 3 times now, and still they are always getting blocked and yucky!!!
Never again!!!!!

What the hell is ear candling?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:06 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Never again!!!!!
surely you could use a candle stick like normal people
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:14 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
What the hell is ear candling?
its 'supposed' to be relaxing etc etc, basically you can buy them yourself or go to a spa type place, you lie on your side after having a facial massage and the ear candle itself is a hollow tube made from beeswax, you light the top end and insert the unlit end into your ear, the heat draws out any crap in your ear (dried shampoo etc) and its supposed to be good if your suffer headaches, sinus probs etc, but its just created a whole new problem for me
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:15 pm
Made the move -

Originally Posted by gedge
surely you could use a candle stick like normal people
this is v v serious y'know, im deeeeeeef in one ear, sometmies both
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:18 pm

this is v v serious y'know, im deeeeeeef in one ear, sometmies both
yes dear
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

its 'supposed' to be relaxing etc etc, basically you can buy them yourself or go to a spa type place, you lie on your side after having a facial massage and the ear candle itself is a hollow tube made from beeswax, you light the top end and insert the unlit end into your ear, the heat draws out any crap in your ear (dried shampoo etc) and its supposed to be good if your suffer headaches, sinus probs etc, but its just created a whole new problem for me

Oh OK, sounds very weird
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:25 pm

Oh OK, sounds very weird
what was the last thing stuck in your ear?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:26 pm
Made the move -

yes dear
im overwhelmed by your concern
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:27 pm

im overwhelmed by your concern
that's nice dear
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:28 pm
Made the move -

Oh OK, sounds very weird
i got a gift voucher for my brithday and thought id try it out and it wasnt cheap either, then i was even more stupid to buy some after that and do it again, it is a nice feeling right enough, and everyone i know thats had it done has loved it and had no problems, but obviously i have special ears that dont like being interfered with
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:29 pm
Made the move -

that's nice dear
ppffffftttt !!!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:40 pm

ppffffftttt !!!
now now, no need for that
you need proper advice
try sticking your finger in, waggling it about
inspect your finger nail for evidence of wax or other material
look around for another implement.. pen, teaspoon, screwdriver (i wouldn't recommend a knife though)
give it a really good dig
still no better?
grumble to who ever will listen (usually the OH ___"yes dear")
root around in the medicine cupboard for that bottle of drops
put that one back it's something foreign, try again further back
glance at the faded label, struggle with the cap stuck tight from years of built up detritus
give up on that and run a hot bath
slip in to the bath and enjoy the warmth seeping in to you, ah that's better
getting on with the job in hand.. no not that!
dip your head under the water and let the hot water fill your ears
lie there listening to the funny noises... was that your belly??
try with the finger again
try doing that funny yawn jaw wiggle thing
any better? nope best off down the docs then
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:04 pm
Made the move -

try sticking your finger in, waggling it about
give it a really good dig
put that one back it's something foreign, try again further back
better
getting on with the job in hand..

lie there listening to the funny noises
try with the finger again
try doing that funny wiggle thing

i have some concerns with your advice

remember this is me you are talking to and not Ransi
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:14 pm

i have some concerns with your advice

remember this is me you are talking to and not Ransi
did i get the wrong page in gedge's medical dictionary?
i was looking for ear wax not nose bogeys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.