Wikiposts

Name our child

Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:00 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Name our child

I think the important thing when naming your child is not to care if someone doesn't like it, if you like it go for it!!!

When i was pregnant with my 4 year old i had the name Finlay for a boy and Kelsey for a girl as we didn't know the sex, a few family members weren't keen on kelsey but admit now she couldn't be called anything else suits her so well, she is called Kelsey Rose which i think is lovely!!

kezx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:01 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
I think the important thing when naming your child is not to care if someone doesn't like it, if you like it go for it!!!

When i was pregnant with my 4 year old i had the name Finlay for a boy and Kelsey for a girl as we didn't know the sex, a few family members weren't keen on kelsey but admit now she couldn't be called anything else suits her so well, she is called Kelsey Rose which i think is lovely!!

kezx
Its also important to remember that you are giving that child an identity for their entire life and they have to live with it not the parent.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:10 pm

Yeh sure it is i mean i dont like these far out names like Milo which to me is a tweeny but modern names are all in now same with tradional names are too my friend named her daughter Lily which i love but i also have a cousin with a daughter named Kennedy which i also love!!

KEZX
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:16 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh sure it is i mean i dont like these far out names like Milo which to me is a tweeny but modern names are all in now same with tradional names are too my friend named her daughter Lily which i love but i also have a cousin with a daughter named Kennedy which i also love!!

KEZX
I also cringe about Milo (sorry to any parents of Milo). It is a shame really as its a strong name. I love Lily too, not sure about Kennedy though.

My eldest was due christmas day and would have been a Holly if she had arrived on time, I always knew she was a girl. My youngest was going to be a Matthew if she had been a boy.

If I was chosing now I would have William for a boy and Ella for a girl.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by kevinl
Our eldest daughter is called Darcy, we only knew one other in the UK, here in oz there are loads of boys at her school called Darcy! When I was pregnant with her and told my mum I liked the name she said but everyone will call her Darcy Arsey! When I got all defensive she said ok bumhole then, charming!
Our youngest is called Polly-Anna, when she was a baby her hair was rather orange so we called her Polly-Anna rusty spanner, which then got shortened to Rusty or Rust, as she is usually known now, poor little thing, daft really because she's blonde now!

Favourite boys name is Archie.

Mrs Kevinl.

I love the name darcy but i think it more a girls name have noticed there is alot of boys named it here.

kezx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:18 pm

Kennedy is her mother's maiden name they live in Canada so dont think its too uncommon there, i had never heard of it before.

kezx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmalina
my daughters name is Indie-Mae. Also i like Kinsgton or Marly for a boy and Jai for a girl

Good luck x xxx
There were 3 Jai's when my son was born and of course one was soooo cool and different cos it was spelt Jaai (all boys btw) There was also a kingston, a Jett, a diesel (luckily not in the same name!) a Zane a few Elijahs, a fair few Issabellas, a Paris, plenty of countries, states and even a continent but again spelt in a "cool" way. Aysia
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:35 pm

I really hate Paris as a name......... i think of Paris Hilton!!! but each to there own!!

kezx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:56 pm
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Mrs 3 will be giving birth in approximately 3 months time.

This will be child No. 3. Lot's of 3's happening here I've noticed.

Anyway we currently have 2 boys, Lucas & Zak. We haven't found out the sex of the third ...

We are stuck for names ... girl or boy.

Has to be modern...ish, but not too off the wall.

I've suggested:

Boy - Oscar (Mrs 3 not so keen)
Girl - Hannah (Still not convinced myself)

Ok ... folks ... shoot. All names will be presented to the boss.

I look at the births announcements in our local paper-some of the names are off the wall to say the least.
One poor bugger had been called Zig,another was landed with Lincoln)...OK but his surname was Green!
I would say the current Aussie popular names: are Madison,Riley,for boys and girls,Noah,Cooper and Jaxon for boys Ava,Ella and Taylah for girls.Have also spotted a few Tysons(!)
If I had anymore,I would have Olivia,Giselle or Amelia .
For a boy I would have Patrick Daniel or Jared.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't go with a Giselle ...

The thought of my little girl being called Giz ...

It conjures up all sorts of thoughts

Originally Posted by gjs
I look at the births announcements in our local paper-some of the names are off the wall to say the least.
One poor bugger had been called Zig,another was landed with Lincoln)...OK but his surname was Green!
I would say the current Aussie popular names: are Madison,Riley,for boys and girls,Noah,Cooper and Jaxon for boys Ava,Ella and Taylah for girls.Have also spotted a few Tysons(!)
If I had anymore,I would have Olivia,Giselle or Amelia .
For a boy I would have Patrick Daniel or Jared.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My eldest is at school with a "December" Oh and there's a "Tuesday" as well which I quite like but would be tempted to only call the child that if they were born any other day of the week
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:28 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My eldest is at school with a "December" Oh and there's a "Tuesday" as well which I quite like but would be tempted to only call the child that if they were born any other day of the week
My 3 would all have the same name then !
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
December and tuesday i noticed August has became a name now so has London what's all that about???

Kezx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

December and tuesday i noticed August has became a name now so has London what's all that about???

Kezx
August has been a name for donkey's years. London? I guess it's a conceive name mind you there was some American singer from the 60's I think who's name was Loudon Wainwright 3 so who knows
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Couldn't go with a Giselle ...

The thought of my little girl being called Giz ...

It conjures up all sorts of thoughts
Only if your mind is in the gutter 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.