Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Name our child

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Elton...- Aye right!
<-------tongue in cheek smiley.

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Issabelle or Isabella are great names also. If i have daughter then i'll probably call her one of these.
Annabel is a nice name... Annabella... Annabelle... lots of different ways of spelling it.
Of course, I'm not biased at all...

Rosalind is pretty too, and not that common.

I like names which can be shortened which still sound a bit classy....
My children are called Jessica (she shortens it to Jessie, or Jess), Catherine, who shortens it to Cate, and Sebastian who is also called Seb and Sebbie by his little 4 yr old buddies.

There's nothing worse than a name that can be made into a rhyme by schoolchildren... Avoid these at all costs.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I also really like Xavier, pronounced Zav-ee-ay ... but you'll have someone pronounce it Ex-av-ee-ay in a flash.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:48 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Mrs 3 will be giving birth in approximately 3 months time.

This will be child No. 3. Lot's of 3's happening here I've noticed.

Anyway we currently have 2 boys, Lucas & Zak. We haven't found out the sex of the third ...

We are stuck for names ... girl or boy.

Has to be modern...ish, but not too off the wall.

I've suggested:

Boy - Oscar (Mrs 3 not so keen)
Girl - Hannah (Still not convinced myself)

Ok ... folks ... shoot. All names will be presented to the boss.

Boy - Shane, Dwayne, Wayne, Barry, Keith, Dack, Fenton
Girl - Agnes, Dierdre, Dot, Sharon (nicely abbreviated to Shazza), Sheila, Fenton

Congratulations, whatever you call him/her
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations and good luck with everything!

Here are my favourites:
GIRL: Sophia, Ella, Mia, Isabell
Boy: Tyler, Josh, Mio, Finn
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:06 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco
When I was pregnant with our Daughter, my eldest son was mad on Thomas the Tank Engine, so much so that he told anyone and everyone that if his new baby was a girl, she'd be called Clarabel, or Gordon if he was a boy

She ended up as a Darcie - chosen really by the new Mum in the bed opposite who said it sounded nice.

Names are pretty irrellevant in our house anyway as we run on nicknames

We have a Samuel (Hamster), Darcie (Miss Parcel) and Adam (Mr Cheese).

We think nothing of it, until we realise we're walking round the supermarket shouting 'Cheesey' and Adam comes running....

OK - on that basis, I'm not even going to offer suggestions!

All the best for the birth BTW.

Jules x
Our eldest daughter is called Darcy, we only knew one other in the UK, here in oz there are loads of boys at her school called Darcy! When I was pregnant with her and told my mum I liked the name she said but everyone will call her Darcy Arsey! When I got all defensive she said ok bumhole then, charming!
Our youngest is called Polly-Anna, when she was a baby her hair was rather orange so we called her Polly-Anna rusty spanner, which then got shortened to Rusty or Rust, as she is usually known now, poor little thing, daft really because she's blonde now!

Favourite boys name is Archie.

Mrs Kevinl.

Last edited by kevinl; Apr 24th 2007 at 3:10 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
I also really like Xavier, pronounced Zav-ee-ay ... but you'll have someone pronounce it Ex-av-ee-ay in a flash.
Thats still my fave name - I like it pronounced the French way.....Zavyay ;0

Ex bloke named his kid Zavier to ensure that it was pronounced correctly.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all

Congratulations on number 3

Names can be difficult and really need to sound right when said aloud and look right when written down. Initials have to be considered as well!.

Some recent names around our area are :

Girls

Evie
Jorja
Madeleine
Helen
Hannah
Isabelle
Anna

Boys

Jonah
Harrison
Maddox

Really like Xavier. Would go lovely with your other boys names

Jacky
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Thats still my fave name - I like it pronounced the French way.....Zavyay ;0

Ex bloke named his kid Zavier to ensure that it was pronounced correctly.
Meant to say "Zav-yay"
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

I teach in a secondary school and a pupil was telling me recently that a member of his family had just had a baby girl.

The baby is named Eva Toni-Ann...........no joke. Hey, we're Blue Noses but would never subject a child to that!

Di x

"Evertonians are born, not manufactured, They do not choose, they are chosen. people who understand, need no explanation, people who don't, don't matter." (love it!)
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

Hi,
I am a midwife and constantly having to pretend I love the name that proud parent's have chosen for their newborn!!! Some of the best have been: girl - Barcadi, Summer Breeze, Blue Grass, Boy - Moonbeam, Porridge, Adolph (and that was one of our doctors!)
Personally I like: girl - Libby, Caitlan, Niamh and of course Chloe (my new grandaughter) boy - Josh, Toby, Jake and Keiron.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
<-------tongue in cheek smiley.

Annabel is a nice name... Annabella... Annabelle... lots of different ways of spelling it.
Of course, I'm not biased at all...

Rosalind is pretty too, and not that common.

I like names which can be shortened which still sound a bit classy....
My children are called Jessica (she shortens it to Jessie, or Jess), Catherine, who shortens it to Cate, and Sebastian who is also called Seb and Sebbie by his little 4 yr old buddies.

There's nothing worse than a name that can be made into a rhyme by schoolchildren... Avoid these at all costs.
My two are very obviously Daisy (Mae): Daisy, Daisy give me your answer do.........
and Lily (Rose) also known as Lil (not fag ash or lilo as yet)!!!

Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
I teach in a secondary school and a pupil was telling me recently that a member of his family had just had a baby girl.

The baby is named Eva Toni-Ann...........no joke. Hey, we're Blue Noses but would never subject a child to that!

Di x

"Evertonians are born, not manufactured, They do not choose, they are chosen. people who understand, need no explanation, people who don't, don't matter." (love it!)
Are you serious??

My OH would call a son Oliver Paul (or oliver pool)

Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I have 3 girls called Emma,Sophie and Hannah.Good luck with finding a name for baby number 3.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Hi congrats

It depends on your surname too.....

my boys are called
Alexander Luke (Alex for short)
Oliver James (Ollie for short)

I loved the name Harry when i was pregnant but our surname is Hale so Harry Hale sounded awful......like Harry Hill!!!!

good luck with your decision!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:19 pm
helsbels1975

helsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant futurehelsbels1975 has a brilliant future
Red face Re: Name our child

Choosing baby names is the hardest thing ever, i have a son Jake and a daughter Kyah, she's the only one i know and its lovely to be unique . If i decided on baby number 3 i like Martha for a girl and Corey for a boy. Happy choosing and enjoy your family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.