Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Moments that make you happy

Moments that make you happy

Old Oct 9th 2015, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moments that make you happy

Originally Posted by paulry
Will be at the end of my last day of work before embarking on my 5 week beer drinking tour of Africa and Asia
Sounds awesome. Jealous I am.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The removal people picking up our boxes made me happy today. Mind you, I haven't got the bill yet

Another happy day yesterday - went to the visa centre and left that bloody 95 page spouse visa application with them. Never been so glad to see the back of something!
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:20 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing my 17 year old smile and be proud of herself as she is about to graduate year 12 after 3 years of hell in our family. The fact that she is proud of herself makes me very happy
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Seeing my 17 year old smile and be proud of herself as she is about to graduate year 12 after 3 years of hell in our family. The fact that she is proud of herself makes me very happy
That's lovely, congratulations to your daughter (and you!) for getting through those years.

Hey, you're in Perth too aren't you? You must be an insomniac like me, it's 1:30am!! Goodnight (clunk)
Old Oct 15th 2015, 8:38 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The removal people picking up our boxes made me happy today. Mind you, I haven't got the bill yet

Another happy day yesterday - went to the visa centre and left that bloody 95 page spouse visa application with them. Never been so glad to see the back of something!
It's a good feeling when possessions get collected for shipping

95 pages!? ...Yikes!

....The next good feeling will be when your flights are booked
Old Oct 15th 2015, 8:39 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

And good on her for rising above all the challenges
Old Oct 16th 2015, 8:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie spouse visas are huge too, scary amount of photocopied paper!

Old Oct 16th 2015, 11:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That's great C. Congratulations.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 10:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

She's done really well to turn things around. Well done K.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 11:14 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Aussie spouse visas are huge too, scary amount of photocopied paper!
I can imagine Polly, they're an exercise in keeping your cool. Or not
Old Oct 17th 2015, 4:58 pm
Banned

Just reunited a very stinky and noisy little dog with it's owner.

At around midnight after some rains, we had a wet miniature red spaniel crying at our front door. On opening the door the sodden thing came running in and nearly jumped onto the sofa alongside my shocked wife who was laying there half asleep watching telly. Boy, it stank so I chased it out the back door and into the yard. It was wet, miserable and clearly lost. I saw it had a collar but it wouldn't let me near it and since we live on a busy-ish road I decided that rather than put it back out to play with the cars I would keep it safe in the back yard for the night and work out what to do with it in the morning. I gave it some food and water and an old towel to lay on and we went to bed. Problem is from about 2am it began to howl. I opened the back door at 3 and again it tried to come rushing in. This time I grabbed it at the door and checked out its collar which turned out to have the owners telephone number on. Thought I'd better call the owner right away because besides it being a very stinky very noisy dog the owner would probably be worried sick and only too glad to come and fetch it.

Turns out the owner who lives just two houses down hadn't realised her dog had gone - though she could hear a dog howling in the neighbourhood. She said in typical frank Aussie style: "...she's a stinky girl isnt she" (understatement of the month I thought) I said "er yes - a bit". Turns out the poor dog is being treated for a gum infection. The owner immediately walked over in her pyjamas and collected her putrid pooch.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 10:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
And good on her for rising above all the challenges
Originally Posted by Pollyana

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's great C. Congratulations.
That's lovely, congratulations to your daughter (and you!) for getting through those years.

Hey, you're in Perth too aren't you? You must be an insomniac like me, it's 1:30am!! Goodnight (clunk)
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
She's done really well to turn things around. Well done K.
Thanks everyone. The achievement really is not how far she has come but the fact she is actually proud of herself. For a girl with anxiety and confidence issues this is massive.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 11:27 pm
Banned

Northernbird: Great to read about your daughter's achievement.

Over recent years, I personally know of several people who have fixed their anxiety and panic attack problems by taking two of these once per day after a meal: Vitacost Niacin Non - Flushing -- 1000 mg per serving - 300 Capsules - Vitacost (must be non flushing). This vitamin is amazing - its like a silver bullet for conquering anxiety.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. The achievement really is not how far she has come but the fact she is actually proud of herself. For a girl with anxiety and confidence issues this is massive.
Hopefully this will give her a bit more self belief that she can only go "onwards and upwards". Well done to her and to your family as the two go hand in hand when its "family". All the best for the future
Old Oct 18th 2015, 9:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter got in the car after work to say she'd agreed to open up tomorrow. That's 6am. Given she works in NSW, that means 5am in QLD. That means leaving the house at 4:30am. Happy moment when I realised the husband is off tomorrow so he can take her and I can keep doing what I do really well. Sleep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.