Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:14 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by stellaman
Any VISA frenzy today...
Alas ... nothing here ...
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:17 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice
Default Come Walkabout

My wife called me through to watch this advert last night - thought you all might enjoy it (even though it is designed for tourists):

There's more here.

Last edited by username02; Oct 9th 2008 at 8:19 am. Reason: Fixed embedding
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

CYGNET will become famous soon enoughCYGNET will become famous soon enough

Well our status has changed this morning. Our Medicals now say "received", on the first page.
Tiger222 was right, she estimated that my would change on the 9th Oct.
The 2nd page still shows them as required, so I'm hoping our CO is finish off the status page soon & give us our Visa
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Hi Guys,

Haven't posted in a while, but have been having a peep, to see if anyone has got a visa lately.

Countdown is on for us, we leave a week Monday. Been too busy to even think about the trip.

We have had 2 offers on the house but not accepted any. Good news though, considering it just came back on the real estate market. I am confident it will sell, maybe not before we leave, but we have three months.

Trying to get ready for the big move, living out of suitcases is not too much fun, but it is only temporary, so I don't mind.

I have booked a hotel for the first 3 days we get there, just so we have some place to unwind and we can catch up on some sleep. We will be moving into our new house on the 25th of October. I have already emailed the girls new school to ask about setting up a meeting so that I can get them into school ASAP.

So I am trying to stay positive, at this point in time, the house doesn't bother me anymore, if it sells it sells. I am ready to move on with my new life in Australia.

Well good luck to everyone, I am sure we will see some more visa's issued shortly.

Take care everyone, and I send lots of Karma your way.

Karen
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stellaman
Any VISA frenzy today...???????? it's been a quiet week so far

Got our X-Rays today so will see how they will go.. another £150 to the total bill coming up!
Good luck on the X-rays!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CYGNET
Well our status has changed this morning. Our Medicals now say "received", on the first page.
Tiger222 was right, she estimated that my would change on the 9th Oct.
The 2nd page still shows them as required, so I'm hoping our CO is finish off the status page soon & give us our Visa
WOO HOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the MEDS getting finalized!!!

(I love being right!)
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Hi Guys,

Haven't posted in a while, but have been having a peep, to see if anyone has got a visa lately.

Countdown is on for us, we leave a week Monday. Been too busy to even think about the trip.

We have had 2 offers on the house but not accepted any. Good news though, considering it just came back on the real estate market. I am confident it will sell, maybe not before we leave, but we have three months.

Trying to get ready for the big move, living out of suitcases is not too much fun, but it is only temporary, so I don't mind.

I have booked a hotel for the first 3 days we get there, just so we have some place to unwind and we can catch up on some sleep. We will be moving into our new house on the 25th of October. I have already emailed the girls new school to ask about setting up a meeting so that I can get them into school ASAP.

So I am trying to stay positive, at this point in time, the house doesn't bother me anymore, if it sells it sells. I am ready to move on with my new life in Australia.

Well good luck to everyone, I am sure we will see some more visa's issued shortly.

Take care everyone, and I send lots of Karma your way.

Karen
KAREN!!!

Great to hear from you. Good to see that there are some offers coming in on your house!! Considering it's OCTOBER. I'm sure it will all come together!!

Monday next you fly out - is that October 20? EXCITING!!!

Good luck to you!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:17 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come Walkabout

Originally Posted by schwuk
My wife called me through to watch this advert last night - thought you all might enjoy it (even though it is designed for tourists):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=34GwD2p56N4

There's more here.
I saw another one of these Australia commercials last night…I wanna go Walkabout! They’re getting huge attention in Oz as the ‘Where the bloody hell are ya’ campaign was deemed a failure so there’s big pressure on this campaign (by Baz Luhrmann) to succeed. I loved the ‘where the hell are ya’ ads!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

witchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nice

Hi Tiger222 you've been right for cygnet, can you do it again for me please we're p'based may 15th app 175 visa. can you estimate how far behind e-lodge app we will be. Dont care if you pluck a date out of the air, really really need something positive to aim for. Not that there's any panic just yet, still havnt sold house, plenty of interest but no firm offers as yet. know were not alone, but thats not helping much. Sorry feeling sorry for myself tonight, some days are soooo much longer than others, if you know what i mean
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Well, TNT have delivered the Med reports, etc today. Checked it on their tracking page. Also got the Police Certificate through, so have scanned that in so my agent can upload it to the application.

Just gotta wait for the meds to be processed now, I guess.... I reckon they will be processed at the end of the month (given other people's experiences...)

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter...... (I hope it is for everyone else waiting for things as well.....)

Rick
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Evening Guys *waves*

Had our meds today.

Turns out that 'Frankenstien' is actually a 'Big Cuddly Teddy Bear'

I have been worrying and feeling really nervous about today, more so than any other time during this visa lark, and turned out it was un-necessary...

All 4 of us went in and he did all our meds together....
Really, really good with the kids, and with us Adults...
Explained everything to all of us, and the actual meds were fine.
No Rectal Exam!! (OH was wound up by a workmate who told him this was part of the meds!! )
No Breast Exam for me.
Had to do the eye chart, weight, height, ears, glands, (neck+underarm) blood pressure, listen to chest, (front+back) reflexes, that was funny... stand on one leg, touch nose etc.... more exercise than my OH has done in the last month...
Kids thought it was really funny that daddy was lying down on the bed with just his pants on and they were peeking underneath the curtain at him, laughing... he occupied them when it was my turn... phew...

Turns out that the doc lived in Melbourne in the 70's, came back cause the wife wanted to and has had his fingers crossed that she'll want to go back ever since!!

Overall, went really well. Xrays were fine. Just have to wait for the bloods to come back before they can be sent. Royal Mail i'm afraid... did ask about courier, doc was fine about sending it that way but OH didn't want to pay the £60 fee for it...so snail mail all the way.... GAWD HELP YOU LOT!!

Finished the day off at Pizza Hut.... and didn't get home til gone 8pm..

What the doc did say is that before he sends off the meds, he always colour scans them just in case they do get misplaced and therefore he can print them out and re-send them saving us having to do them all over again.... good ole frankie!!
He gave us a copy of the letter from the xrays, and will also send us a copy of the blood report so we have our own copy of each.
He knew exactly what to do and covered all avenues....and now i feel a little redundant!!
Thats everything done now...
There's nothing else that i can do/prepare/collate/scan/copy or fill in for the visa now, it's all out of my hands, and thats the really, really, REALLY scary bit!

So, i'm back to waiting.....

and waiting......

and waiting......

and counting on you lot to make this waiting more bearable for me....
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by witchypoo
Hi Tiger222 you've been right for cygnet, can you do it again for me please we're p'based may 15th app 175 visa. can you estimate how far behind e-lodge app we will be. Dont care if you pluck a date out of the air, really really need something positive to aim for. Not that there's any panic just yet, still havnt sold house, plenty of interest but no firm offers as yet. know were not alone, but thats not helping much. Sorry feeling sorry for myself tonight, some days are soooo much longer than others, if you know what i mean
Paper based is a little harder to nail down, isn't it.

I have a sense that it will begin to pick up the pace once some of the backlog is removed...

I believe there are fewer paper based to e lodged. The problem with the paper is it has to be typed into the computer to be processed - so it's another step at DIAC.

Wild Guess Jan - Feb 2009 -8- 9 months.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:39 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Come Walkabout

My wife called me through to watch this advert last night - thought you all might enjoy it
I was just about to say ... they need to jack up the DIAC before they run ad campaigns to get more people into Australia ... then I read ...

(even though it is designed for tourists)
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I have a CO now!! Not just a processing further!!!

Right, now a few questions, as it's really set in now, and I'm panicing!!!!

I recieved a pdf letter from my CO. I know his name, that's about it. It says I have 28 days to respond (7/11/08).

They are asking for my meds, pcc's, and evidence that my sponsor is a Aus citizen.

I have a colour scan of my Aunt's citizenship cert, so I can send that straight away. I take it I have to send off for my pcc's and book my meds soonish?

What's best to do? On Monday, get my meds booked, and apply for pcc's, then email ASPC with my Aunt's certificate, and also state that I have booked and applied for the other two and I will send the info in when I have it? What if I can't get meds to them within 28 days?

Oh I'm so stressed!!!!

Who do I email? I don't have an email address direct to my CO, just a aspc email?!?!

HELP!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

Hey Congratulations on your CO xzibit

It's been a bit quiet on the may-be's for a week hasn't it?

Anyway Xzibit, I just replied to the email that was sent - does it have your CO's name in the subject bit?

I also went back to the page where you add stuff (god can't remember what it's called - it's early still!) and added the documents there too. Thought I'd cover both options.

Definitely get those meds booked today if poss. As soon as you've got a date I'd email the date of your meds so that even if they don't get to them in the 28 days they at least know they're on the way.

I can only tell you what I would do / did cos I'm definitely no expert LOL

Now chill out and celebrate having a CO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.