Manners!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 12:08 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manners!

I have always noticed how Australians very rarely say "excuse me please" when they want to get past you. They just stand there and wait for you to move. Then when you do, they never say "thank you" do they?

Trouble is now, it's starting to really become an obsession for me I reckon! I'm standing still on purpose now!!

My hubby the other day, got told to "learn how to F****** drive you pommie ba*****" by some very charming Aussie woman driving like a thoughtless idiot!

Charming!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 12:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manners!

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I have always noticed how Australians very rarely say "excuse me please" when they want to get past you. They just stand there and wait for you to move. Then when you do, they never say "thank you" do they?

Trouble is now, it's starting to really become an obsession for me I reckon! I'm standing still on purpose now!!

My hubby the other day, got told to "learn how to F****** drive you pommie ba*****" by some very charming Aussie woman driving like a thoughtless idiot!

Charming!
Oh dear.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:14 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Charming!
Once a convict always a convict, though how did the person in question know that you were a pom ??
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:19 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Once a convict always a convict, though how did the person in question know that you were a pom ??
He probably let the Aussie in, that'd be a dead giveaway
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We are in Qld, have been here since July 06 and have been horrified at some of the very rude and unnecessary ways in which we have been spoken to, some from shop assistants but mostly as we were buying our own house, the estate agent we had to deal with was the rudest person I have ever come across in my life, I just stood open mouthed, gob smacked at the way she was talking to us. I have relived the moment in my head a hundred times with me ripping her head off but was just so shocked at the time both hubby and I stood there like a pair of plonkers, god I regret that!!! Anyways we have also had the other extreme of people bending over backwards to help and assist us. I really believe that the Aussies are just a bit more basic than us and don't see all the politeness of us Brits necessary, I don't think personally, it is intentional, most of it anyway.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:46 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Charming!
it's the same thing in many societies i reckon as everyone is in a rush to get somewhere, ho hum
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Probably because he's got Aston Villa stuff displayed in the car (poor so & so!!)
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi,

, the estate agent we had to deal with was the rudest person I have ever come across in my life,

I believe you!! A friend of mine (who's Jamaican) went to a home open once and was asked by the agent "do you have PR and a job?" !! He asked the agent if that was a question asked to every person attending a home open! Racism is rife here.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you!! A friend of mine (who's Jamaican) went to a home open once and was asked by the agent "do you have PR and a job?" !! He asked the agent if that was a question asked to every person attending a home open! Racism is rife here.
When we were buying we were asked if we were PR too and weren't allowed in to view a few times because we aren't. We also got turned away in the early days because we didn't have pre-approved funds and we were asked that too.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi,

I really believe that the Aussies are just a bit more basic than us and don't see all the politeness of us Brits necessary, I don't think personally, it is intentional, most of it anyway.

I agree. But that's not how I was brought up and certainly not how my kids are being raised. What's the old saying; "manners maketh the man".

Politeness and courtesy costs nothing does it eh?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
When we were buying we were asked if we were PR too and weren't allowed in to view a few times because we aren't. We also got turned away in the early days because we didn't have pre-approved funds and we were asked that too.
Hang on a minute, I was talking about a home open when any person is allowed in through the door, irrespective or race/employment status/PR or the colour of your knickers!

Also, whether you have PR or not should not affect your ability to buy property here. There are ways around that hurdle.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

Hang on a minute, I was talking about a home open when any person is allowed in through the door, irrespective or race/employment status/PR or the colour of your knickers!

Also, whether you have PR or not should not affect your ability to buy property here. There are ways around that hurdle.
I am agreeing with you Tracey, no need to get nasty.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am agreeing with you Tracey, no need to get nasty.
I wasn't getting nasty

You seem to be rather paranoid nb.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:13 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

PR is a big issue

It can take weeks if not months to get approval and in a hot market you would go to the back of the queue. - Not something I agree with but estate agents aren't known as the brightest tool in the tool box now are they?

I know of some buyers agents who will not deal with non PR individuals because of the hassle and they do feel sorry for those caught in that situation - its not personal.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

I wasn't getting nasty

You seem to be rather paranoid nb.
Think it was the "hang on a minute" aggression that did it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.