Wikiposts
View Poll Results: lets sort it once and for all?who moans the most when ill?
ladies
23.73%
gentlemen
76.27%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

man flu

Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: man flu

Originally Posted by NikiL
Men get man flu, women get bird flu. Everyone knows bird flu is deadly, but you'll find man flu gets moaned about a lot more.

My stepson went back to school after he'd had a cold a couple of years ago and told his teacher that he'd had man flu. He couldn't understand why his teacher was trying not to laugh........
Bless him!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:39 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
flippin hell ast,its a bleedin landslide....
I've got to say mate, I knew you were on to a hiding when I first saw this. 3/4 of the people on here are the weaker sex so it was only going to turn out one way.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
My mother was a twighlight district nurse. She drove around from 7pm until 11pm and helped terminally ill patients to bed. Sometimes they were dead when she got there. Sometimes all alone. She was devastated every time.

Can you imagine the sympathy I got when I had the sniffles!

JTL
I didn't realise my kids posted on this site
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
I didn't realise my kids posted on this site
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I was a DN in the UK and worked Twilights as extra.... you described the exact same scenarios in my job and the same kinda lines my kids came out with...

The most infamous occasion was when My son actually had to produce x rays before I took his broken collar bone seriously....
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It would be an interesting piece of research .... "The price nurses choildren pay to support a caring profession"
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:21 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

It would be an interesting piece of research .... "The price nurses choildren pay to support a caring profession"
I ignored my sons broken toe just put a plaster on it, a good few years later and another accident he was x rayed and able to say, see I told you I had a broken toe when the x ray showed a healed break
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I sometimes get home from work and am all niced out and have nothing left for anyone... not even my own kids
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I was a DN in the UK and worked Twilights as extra.... you described the exact same scenarios in my job and the same kinda lines my kids came out with...

The most infamous occasion was when My son actually had to produce x rays before I took his broken collar bone seriously....
After I had a car accident when I was 17 (yes it was my fault), I stood in the kitchen arguing with my Mum who was about to go out to work, I had blood pouring down my arm from multiple wounds. She honestly couldn't care less about me, she was going out to deal with her patients.

I've still got the scar in my hand from the glass that went into my hand from the accident. If it had been treated at the time... no scar. But some things are more important I suppose.

JTL
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:39 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

After I had a car accident when I was 17 (yes it was my fault), I stood in the kitchen arguing with my Mum who was about to go out to work, I had blood pouring down my arm from multiple wounds. She honestly couldn't care less about me, she was going out to deal with her patients.

I've still got the scar in my hand from the glass that went into my hand from the accident. If it had been treated at the time... no scar. But some things are more important I suppose.

JTL
You poor thing! I have to say that I have always sorted mine out by either taking them to Cas or dressing their wounds even if it made me late for work!just a bit deficient on the sympathy if I think they don't deserve it

so perhaps I'm a bit more sympathetic to mine. My kids also say that if they are really ill they prefer me to look after them than any one else because I'm kinder and know what they need before they do
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:46 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fly Away
the trouble is Ast, men say they have the flu when they have a little sniffle. When they really get the flu, everyone thinks it is just another little sniffle....
I concur!

My hubby was sick with man flu and had to have a week off work - the same strain got me and I had 1/2 day off.

If you are okay to play the xbox so you obviously aren't suffering from the flu IMO. When you wake up in a delirium then I will maybe agree that you are sick!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JTL

That is bloody awful , I know I have put patients above my own kids, going to work when they were sick, I even worked night shifts at the hospital when my son was an inpatient on the ward next door... just so I could be near, they only let one parent stay over night and he wanted his dad... not surprising really, all the unsocial hours I worked........ which is horribly, horribly wrong.

I suppose you loose perspective, no excuses
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

MEN - all the time!!

Doesn't matter how ill I AM, he has to go and get it MUCH, MUCH WORSE.........
Then mummy darling will come over and fuss round him cause i'm too busy to play nursemaid to his little illness.....

Women work through illnesses cause they have to.......and if a woman has to take to her bed whilst ill, then you KNOW that she's really, really poorly......