View Poll Results: lets sort it once and for all?who moans the most when ill?
ladies
23.73%
gentlemen
76.27%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

man flu

Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: man flu

I also notice tht whenever a woman is ill, herbloke comes down with an ailment too!!!

Just cant be right or left of centre can they!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man
theres a lot of ladies on this forum tonight,or are some of you voting twice?
You have this poll running until March 23rd ............i'd be prepared for a HUGE majority vote...........Men are Whingers!!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jerzo
You have this poll running until March 23rd ............i'd be prepared for a HUGE majority vote...........Men are Whingers!!!
And we should know, being Head of male only households!!!

( at least you will get an allie soon eh!!)
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:17 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I describe Dengue Fever as the worst flu you will ever have.

I shared a hospital room with my husband when we both had it; he was pathetic. The poor nurses - every time he wanted something or needed the bathroom, he would press the bell. (and no, they were not totty)

Me, I just got myself out of bed and wheeled my IV stand to the bathroom.

(This is the same man that passes out when he has blood tests.)
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:21 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

flippin hell ast,its a bleedin landslide....
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

And lets hope the landslide doesnt fall on a MAN or we will never hear the last of it!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:35 pm
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

This is quality

http://glumbert.com/wii/view.php?name=mancold
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

sorry Ast but you did ask - I am the only Sheila in the house sharing it with 4 Bruces, and lets just say I n e v e r get a day off
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hear Hear!!!

I have got blood poisoning & a chest infection at the moment and I am sure I am supposed to be grateful for my darling hubby cleaning the floor and letting me sleep in the afternoon!!

I made the supper when I got up though!!!

And if you had seen his face cos he missed the football yesterday....

MEN EH!!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I can only speak for myself, I don't whinge when I'm ill, but I get nagged. "go to the doctor", "go to the doctor". Yes good idea, go to a room full of sick people

If I know what is wrong, and I know it will pass, then I can endure the pain. But the nagging....

Oh and the other one that bugs me, no matter how much pain I'm in, I get the " well you never had to go through childbirth" reply.

Childbirth has a frikkin end date, usually measured in hours! If you've got a kidney stone or a hemarroid or whatever it could go on for months.

JTL
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I can only speak for myself, I don't whinge when I'm ill, but I get nagged. "go to the doctor", "go to the doctor". Yes good idea, go to a room full of sick people

If I know what is wrong, and I know it will pass, then I can endure the pain. But the nagging....

Oh and the other one that bugs me, no matter how much pain I'm in, I get the " well you never had to go through childbirth" reply.

Childbirth has a frikkin end date, usually measured in hours! If you've got a kidney stone or a hemarroid or whatever it could go on for months.

JTL
Have never used the childbirth line on my OH but he still says that considering I am a nurse, I am very unsympathetic when he has a cold. Poor baby! It's just that when you are dealing with dying patients day in day out, you have a different perspective on what's serious I guess
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:52 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Have never used the childbirth line on my OH but he still says that considering I am a nurse, I am very unsympathetic when he has a cold. Poor baby! It's just that when you are dealing with dying patients day in day out, you have a different perspective on what's serious I guess
and lets be honest Sal which patients need more analgesia? the men!!

I look after my OH and 2 sons when they are ill, I also look after me when I'm ill!!

my OH will not go to a Dr when he needs antibiotics he would rather lay in bed and whinge expecting me to hover over him dispensing sympathy and turning the pillow for him so he has a cool bit to lay on! then he wonders why I get cross when I'm trying to look after him make tea oversee the lads homework and do my studying!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

My mother was a twighlight district nurse. She drove around from 7pm until 11pm and helped terminally ill patients to bed. Sometimes they were dead when she got there. Sometimes all alone. She was devastated every time.

Can you imagine the sympathy I got when I had the sniffles!

Thats why I don't whinge, I know they are loads of people worse of than me. But it does bloody hurt sometimes, I genuinely don't believe its a man thing. Its a personality thing, some people create the biggest fuss, others just suffer quietly.

JTL
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
My mother was a twighlight district nurse. She drove around from 7pm until 11pm and helped terminally ill patients to bed. Sometimes they were dead when she got there. Sometimes all alone. She was devastated every time.

Can you imagine the sympathy I got when I had the sniffles!

Thats why I don't whinge, I know they are loads of people worse of than me. But it does bloody hurt sometimes, I genuinely don't believe its a man thing. Its a personality thing, some people create the biggest fuss, others just suffer quietly.

JTL
Actually, in my experience as a nurse, I would say that men often whinge more over the minor illnesses & less when they have something really serious to deal with.
Also,when I worked on the wards we found that men often made better patients in hospital, helping others etc than women. We concluded that this was because women came in for a much needed rest
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Men get man flu, women get bird flu. Everyone knows bird flu is deadly, but you'll find man flu gets moaned about a lot more.

My stepson went back to school after he'd had a cold a couple of years ago and told his teacher that he'd had man flu. He couldn't understand why his teacher was trying not to laugh........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.