Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

lost 14yrs worth of photos

lost 14yrs worth of photos

Old Jul 25th 2010, 12:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lost 14yrs worth of photos

Originally Posted by donna
And what a bloody genius Rossi is,HE GOT ME MY PHOTOS BACK! i am sooo happy,cheers mate i owe you big time xxxxxxx
Great news, what a fab guy
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Great news, what a fab guy
Nice happy ending!

I schedule monthly back ups of my photos. I keep additional DVDs off site as well.

We suffered a break in (when living in Balham) back in 2005 and the feckers made off with our PC and 6 month's of travel snaps. Luckily I had uploaded my best shots to an online site, but still hurt like heck.

Even worse - I was 90% of the way through GTA Vice City and my PS2 was nicked, along with the save game

Took me months to get that far......
Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donna
And what a bloody genius Rossi is,HE GOT ME MY PHOTOS BACK! i am sooo happy,cheers mate i owe you big time xxxxxxx
Well done Rossi, karma on the way.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

I'm just glad I could help out.

For everyone's benefit though.........

IF you have a hard drive problem, stop using it immediately, as anything you do and save may overwrite the lost files.

The program I used this time, "datarecovery wizard pro" really does all the work and is really easy for the non computer literate to use - just remember NOT to save the recovered files to the hard drive you are having problems with (for the reason above).
Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rossi
I'm just glad I could help out.
You do realise that you've just become BE IT Geek #1? You'll be the go to guy for any problems from now on. You'll be receiving hard drives, laptops and discs from Cronulla to Albany...
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tartankoala
You do realise that you've just become BE IT Geek #1? You'll be the go to guy for any problems from now on. You'll be receiving hard drives, laptops and discs from Cronulla to Albany...
Now that is a worry........
Self taught after losing 3 years worth of accounting / invoicing a week before the VAT inspection was due

P.S. you forgot SD cards too