Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

List your chats with Australias finest intelectuals here.

List your chats with Australias finest intelectuals here.

Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: List your chats with Australias finest intelectuals here.

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Aahhh!! Not the old "Scottish invented the game" internet "fact". Reeaaaallllyyyy!!!!

Rugby (Union) = A game for thugs played by gentlemen.
Soccer = A game for gentlemen played by thugs.
No, not the "Scottish invented the game" internet "fact". Just the Webb Ellis myth that's been hanging around since before the web (no relation) was invented.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
i just knew you would bite at this thread
Well, honestly Moronic people, surrounding themselves with what they believe to be more moronic people just to make themselves appear to look vaguely intelligent. I despair (occasionally. Most of the time I couldn't give a damn)
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well, honestly Moronic people, surrounding themselves with what they believe to be more moronic people just to make themselves appear to look vaguely intelligent. I despair (occasionally. Most of the time I couldn't give a damn)
As my nan used to say 'Lie down in the gutter..... '

Actually, she didn't say that at all. She used to say 'Like attracts like' in that 'I told you so' sort of way that they do so well.
Same thing, innit?!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
...to hide from the Nazis
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
...to hide from the Nazis
Who knows?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, she didn't say that at all. She used to say 'Like attracts like' in that 'I told you so' sort of way that they do so well.
Same thing, innit?!

Is it Isn't the lying in the gutter one something to do with looking at the stars or am I thinking of something else
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

Is it Isn't the lying in the gutter one something to do with looking at the stars or am I thinking of something else
I think if you lie in the gutter, you mainly look up women's skirts.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:03 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

S'all right, luv... me and another poster already pointed it out...

I never read the whole thread if it's over 4 pages
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

I think if you lie in the gutter, you mainly look up women's skirts.
Speak for yourself
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:24 pm

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I had a fantastic trip with a taxi driver (Aussie) last night who could only be described as cretinous.
South Bank to Aspley, which is a trip across half of Brisbane; all drivers bar one I have had here have had to be given directions to our street, and a vast number have even declared they don't know the way to the suburb. No problem with that, its not a major road and I can give directions. So I gave this guy the usual spiel - off Gympie Road into Murphy Road,and then I could direct him if he wished, thanks very much. he then proceeded at breakneck speed through the centre of the city, changing lanes at a rate of knots, breaking so hard I nearly have whiplash this morning, and muttering abuse about other drivers. When he started to indicate, and was in a left filter lane , near our place, and was thus pointing in the wrong direction, I politely said that it was "right at the next lights, please"
He then launched into an abusive tirade about ignorant Poms thinking they knew the way better than he did when he knew Brisbane "like the back of his hand, because Brisbane drivers are better trained than any crappy London driver who claimed to have knowledge of a city that would fit twice into the area taken up by Brisbane", and perhaps I should "shut up and just let him drive as he knew the place better than any bl**dy immigrant"
So I did.
When we had proceeded $10 worth in totally the wrong direction he said "well where do I go now then?"
I just looked at him in disbelief and said I didn't have a clue as I was relying on his expert knowledge of Brisbane being only a bl**dy immigrant, but I though it was 10 minutes back the way we had come........

He was a bit p*ssed off when I refused to pay the full fare, having withheld $10 on the grounds of him being lost....I'm still wondering whether I should have refused to pay the rest on the grounds of being insulted by such a cretin, and am hoping that I left him with a good dose of my flu germs!

Clearly an excellent specimen of an Australian intellectual.
Bloody Cheek!!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I was asked by my Aussie friends if it snowed 6 months of the year in UK They really believed we had snow half of the year.

Also they said UK was 80% blacks. Sure it wasn't when i was there.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I was asked by my Aussie friends if it snowed 6 months of the year in UK They really believed we had snow half of the year.

Also they said UK was 80% blacks. Sure it wasn't when i was there.
Presumably when you tell people in the UK that during winter here, we're all cold, they don't believe you. In my experience they all assume it's blindingly hot all year and everyone lives, eats and breathes on the beach and no one works.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Presumably when you tell people in the UK that during winter here, we're all cold, they don't believe you. In my experience they all assume it's blindingly hot all year and everyone lives, eats and breathes on the beach and no one works.
Ok true. I never knew it snowed in parts of OZ.

As for hot all year round, well i knew it got cold, but not as bad as it does.

What annoys me too, is people in UK saying to me 'bet your really tanned'
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Ok true. I never knew it snowed in parts of OZ.

As for hot all year round, well i knew it got cold, but not as bad as it does.

What annoys me too, is people in UK saying to me 'bet your really tanned'
I get that Stupidity has no national barriers
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Weirdstone

I never read the whole thread if it's over 4 pages

Interesting policy.

Does it work? Or do you end up adding the same replies as the other people have done before you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.