Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

It's about 4.5 hrs south, so not to bad...the jobs about 25 mins west of Boston, which is a great place...and yeah, it's a games company, so I'm well chuffed

blog sounds good

Originally Posted by Simone
Oh, that's great!! Congratulations!!
So is that far where you're moving too? (can't be bothered/no time) to check a map!
Is the job in your field?

All's well with me!
Spending practically all my recent time setting up a new weblog (see in signature).
It's fun to do, and I hope to earn some money for it(to cover hosting costs would be nice to start with!), got $2.77 so far (a few weeks in, should get more and more readers hopefully!) ha ha!

Good luck with finding another house, and the move!
Let us know how it goes! (I'm never really in the Lounge anymore, but if you update this thread I'll get an email)

Hope to hear from the others too!
Hope Bundy's ok!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 4:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hey Bob, it's been a long time coming eh ?
Savour it all the more though.
Good luck with it and of course with the move too.

G'day Simone & G.......we only need one or two more to make up the full set
hehe...aye, indeed...trying to blag the world cup *lol*...but i get 21 paid holiday days plus public holidays from day one, and being allowed to take the final off, only bother if England make it that far though
Old Jun 9th 2006, 12:17 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I know........I just haven't got used to the fact SHE is back posting.
yeh its nice to see a real post coming from that pc for a change

oh and good luck Bob
Old Jun 9th 2006, 12:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by soapy

oh and good luck Bob
cheers
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello people,

Nice to see (most of) the old gang back again. Nearly got excited to see Da Boss there, but then saw it was just Bix. Ah well.

Sounds like everyone is getting on well and leading exciting lives, which is good.

I'm fine, bit busy what with Summer Schools looming dramatically on the horizon. Got an interview coming up for another job within the Uni which, if I get it, means I will never have to work another summer again (after this one, grrr).

Now that we have horses we're both stupidly busy doing horsey stuff of an evneing which means we're both a bit busy to post (plus He doesn't anymore ). There are also various other things coming up that mean we are both a bit flippin flat out and living life at a billion miles an hour.

My dad meanwhile is being a pain in the backside having 'replaced' my dear departed mother after a mere 6 months (not saying we're not happy for him, just would have preferred to have dealt with mum's ashes first....). So stress continues to emanate from Jersey, just in a new form.

But life is really very good at the moment, lots happening and excitement of a non-BundyMum variety.

Bundy
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Now there's sore eyes for a sight.

Nice to hear you are both getting on with things and enjoying a good straddle at the same time.

I'm thinking you get a lot more satisfaction from the summer camps than you realise. Think of all the tales that will be told when they are older..... "Coo yeah, I remember that, and what was that organiser chick called. She was a bit of alright".

Anyway, good luck for the uni job......hope you get it.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:36 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Now there's sore eyes for a sight.

Nice to hear you are both getting on with things and enjoying a good straddle at the same time.

I'm thinking you get a lot more satisfaction from the summer camps than you realise. Think of all the tales that will be told when they are older..... "Coo yeah, I remember that, and what was that organiser chick called. She was a bit of alright".

Anyway, good luck for the uni job......hope you get it.

Lol, wotcha Bixie.

Whilst it is obviously wonderful to be universally adored and idolised by a bunch of teenagers, the other side of it is all too much like hard work. I look forward to the day when I can sit in the sun on a hot and sunny June afternoon and not panic at the impending doom of summer schools. Plus I want more money and better prospects. Not that I'm materialistic, of course.

Yes, plenty of straddling a huge, throbbing beast. The horseriding is quite good fun too, guffaw, guffaw.

How is life with you then Bixie? Started that pasty making business yet?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:46 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya petal,

i had wondered how you were doing!!

glad to hear the romance is still going strong....say hello to you-know-who for me

stay smiley!!

sue xx
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Life's good thanks Bundy.

Just completing the sale of our UK property (I hope) which will complete the picture in many ways. It'll give us the freedom to do what we want over here in terms of living accomo. After owning for all our married life it's not easy to come
to terms with being a tennant.

No pasty business yet but I'm sure there would be a good market for it.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:22 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Life's good thanks Bundy.

Just completing the sale of our UK property (I hope) which will complete the picture in many ways. It'll give us the freedom to do what we want over here in terms of living accomo. After owning for all our married life it's not easy to come
to terms with being a tennant.

No pasty business yet but I'm sure there would be a good market for it.

Well pasties are just squished pies, aren't they, so there must a market for them in pie-loving Oz.

Yes, being a tenant sucks. We're going to clamber back onto the property ladder asap (as soon as we save up again after the next large expenditure that's coming up ).

And hello Sue! Was thinking about you too (possible ESP going on there?). How's life with you?

You-know-who is currently on his way back from Germany where he has been watching those sweaty men booting a sack of wind around. On TV. Which he could have done here. Apparently, it has something to do with *atmosphere* although I suspect German beer and a weekend away with the boys may have tipped the balance.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:35 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Next large expenditure..... that must mean a wedding???? (or a kid, but I don't think you can ever save up after having one of those!?)

Good to hear from you!
Oh dear, not another summer school! Hope this is finally the last one, good luck with the new job!!

Good luck with your dad, that must be a strange situation, to say the least!

Now, don't keep us hanging with this large expenditure thing, I want more details!

xx

Simone
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:49 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
Next large expenditure..... that must mean a wedding???? (or a kid, but I don't think you can ever save up after having one of those!?)

Good to hear from you!
Oh dear, not another summer school! Hope this is finally the last one, good luck with the new job!!

Good luck with your dad, that must be a strange situation, to say the least!

Now, don't keep us hanging with this large expenditure thing, I want more details!

xx

Simone
It's classified information Actually, it's cos we're buying a plot on the moon with the hope of moving there in the long term future

It is definitely my last summer school. I know I said that last year, but things change. This year I mean it. I'm getting to old for this lark!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:42 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

bump
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:58 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Covenant
bump

good grief !!!
where did you find this old chestnut cov???
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:02 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
good grief !!!
where did you find this old chestnut cov???

This is Bixie and Bundys thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.