Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

learning to drive in oz

learning to drive in oz

Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: learning to drive in oz

western au

perth

forgot where are you ????? oh yes the moon
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
western au

perth

forgot where are you ????? oh yes the moon

Is the moon a different planet? If it is then, yes you're right

Here's the link to all you need to know: http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...ivers/1462.asp

I'm finding it really easy to learn in an Automatic, it's so much easier
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:19 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Is the moon a different planet? If it is then, yes you're right

Here's the link to all you need to know: http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...ivers/1462.asp

I'm finding it really easy to learn in an Automatic, it's so much easier
Wendy I am having lessons too! also automatic, mainly due to finances, thought it would take less lessons etc. I'm with the RACV.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

just thought..check out the exchange licence thingy from between your country and australia..i know here in Canada..people have had to do the re-testing thing..in some provinces.in Canada...just a heads up...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
Wendy I am having lessons too! also automatic, mainly due to finances, thought it would take less lessons etc. I'm with the RACV.

In South Australia there are two ways to learn. One is to have lessons then take a VORT (Vehicle On Road Test), which is like a test in the UK.

Or we can do 'Log Book' (competency based training), where you need 50 hours of driving experience with a 'qualified' driver. A qualified driver is anyone who has held a full driving licence, with no demerit points for two years. You then need an accredited driving instructor to sign off the book.

I'm going the second way, because I can get my OH to teach me (in my new Barina I've just bought for learning in ), then I will only need about 5 - 10 lessons to get everything signed off.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
just thought..check out the exchange licence thingy from between your country and australia..i know here in Canada..people have had to do the re-testing thing..in some provinces.in Canada...just a heads up...

UK (and a few other countries) licence holders just do a straight swap, they changed it all last year (or may be the year before, time's going so fast I can't keep up! )
Old Aug 17th 2007, 12:57 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

UK (and a few other countries) licence holders just do a straight swap, they changed it all last year (or may be the year before, time's going so fast I can't keep up! )
Im glad am no learning there....I dont need to do any logbook stuff....I dont think lol
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by biggy
Im glad am no learning there....I dont need to do any logbook stuff....I dont think lol

You don't have to do the logbook, you can just have normal lessons (with anyone, so long as they have a licence) then pass a test. But I don't like tests
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:18 am

You don't have to do the logbook, you can just have normal lessons (with anyone, so long as they have a licence) then pass a test. But I don't like tests
I dont like tests either....but I dont like forking out money either hehe
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:20 am

I dont like tests either....but I dont like forking out money either hehe
I surprised myself when I went out for the first time the other day hadnt been behind the wheel in over 15 years(apart from when I have been cleaning the bloody car haha) I was driving hubbys Ford Falcon its a big bugger....and I got on brill...even he was well surprised how well I drove....even parked and reversed out.....and went round a big scarey roundabout lol Automatics are a skoosh aint they
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I surprised myself when I went out for the first time the other day hadnt been behind the wheel in over 15 years(apart from when I have been cleaning the bloody car haha) I was driving hubbys Ford Falcon its a big bugger....and I got on brill...even he was well surprised how well I drove....even parked and reversed out.....and went round a big scarey roundabout lol Automatics are a skoosh aint they
Yes, they are great aren't they. My OH has a falcon too...I've had a go in it, but it's got sports suspension and racing spoilers so not only do you have to watch the length of the car, you've got to watch all the bumps in the bloody road
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:24 am

Yes, they are great aren't they. My OH has a falcon too...I've had a go in it, but it's got sports suspension and racing spoilers so not only do you have to watch the length of the car, you've got to watch all the bumps in the bloody road
bugger that lol my OH is a works car.......so no worries there lol
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: learning to drive in oz

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
has anyone got any information on learning to drive in oz as i have now no more excuses of why i have not learnt to drive and oh has demanded that i learn when i move over to oz

so whats involved ???
Remember to park in the direction of traffic.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Remember to park in the direction of traffic.

and don't park too close to a driveway (even if it's your own)
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:58 am
Just Joined

nicopa is an unknown quantity at this point

and don't park too close to a driveway (even if it's your own)
Don't forget that Australians are probably the worst drivers in the world and drive very slowly and dangerously.
The have 3 times the fatal accident rate of civilised countries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.