A League 2012/13

Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2012/13

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
At the moment the Roar's official away game location is the Sheraton in East Brisbane (I KNOW!). By the looks of some photos I've seen a fair few fans have adopted it so you wouldn't be on your own. Otherwise the Pig & Whistle has become the unofficial venue for away games and they get quite a crowd there.

SBS have the rights from next season I believe to show one live game per week then a Match of the Day highlights type show at the end of the weekend
Thanks !!

Is Sheraton East Brisbane the new ironic name for the Shaftson ?

I was disappointed their home pub was over there no where near ballymore or suncorp...
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:17 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Thanks !!

Is Sheraton East Brisbane the new ironic name for the Shaftson ?

I was disappointed their home pub was over there no where near ballymore or suncorp...
whoops, yeah that's it

Yeah, silly spot IMO, nowhere near decent public transport and not geographically centric at all. Not that I would use it that much anyway as we have Foxtel and I tend to sit down with my eldest to watch it
Old Oct 12th 2012, 2:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Round 2 kicks off tonight with an interesting game. Adelaide V the new boys WSW. Adelaide look pretty good in their last outing, whilst WSW performed above most peoples expectations. So will be an intersting contest in pointing the future prospects of both teams this season..... I'm predicting a hard fought and hopefully interesting tough arm wrestle... although it could end up scoreless. Good gauge of WSW away support as well.

Personally I'm looking forwards and hoping to exercise last weeks demons v Heart up there in Brisbane.... not holding my breath though.

Wellingtons is going to be another game that I'll be paying attention to... 11 changes to their very strong in A league terms squad, as their first team is on international duty as New Zealand. Wellington must have the most national team players of any club in the world ? Lets See how their youngsters fair.

Point of interest for casual A league watchers.... Did you know that if Wellington were to win the A league, they are the only team that cannot compete in the Asian club championships, as New Zealand is in the Oceania groupings in Fifa terms.... Bit unfair that one.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 12th 2012 at 2:30 am.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

AWFUL defending from Eastern Sydney FC last night, hope they carry that in to next weeks game.

I was in Rebel Sports in Parramatta on Saturday morning and there were a number of Father's with sons /daughters in tow trying on and purchasing Eastern Sydney FC tops.

The arrival of Del Pierro has had an impact on the WSW fan base unfortunately. The kids wants to go and see Del Pierro and certainly the western Sydney Italian community are all on the blue side these days. I think it has taken a few thousand off WSW.

But as I said to the guy in the shop, this is a long term project for a local community club which will be around long after Del Pierro has left these shores.

But the Sydney sports community is the most fickle in Australia, wish we had the Melbourne passion for sport in this city.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Well that beat my expectations for my first match as a Brisbane Roar member!!

Not just the win but the quality of the football by Brisbane. Melbourne were really disappointing and it seemed too easy at times. I'm sure they are a better team than that.

It was really fun with the 7yo and it is a real bargain that his seat only costs $50 for the whole season.

My obligatory snaps

Melbourne Victory boys warming up:

Game on:

Banner time in the The Den:

Photo bomb:

Buzzing Caxton St after the match:

Last edited by fish.01; Oct 13th 2012 at 11:49 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Well that beat my expectations for my first match as a Brisbane Roar member!!

Not just the win but the quality of the football by Brisbane. Melbourne were really disappointing and it seemed too easy at times. I'm sure they are a better team than that.

It was really fun with the 7yo and it is a real bargain that his seat only costs $50 for the whole season.

My obligatory snaps

Melbourne Victory boys warming up:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8187/8...538b4761_b.jpg

Game on:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8330/8...b1ffb07e_b.jpg

Banner time in the The Den:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8188/8...eb3998cf_b.jpg

Photo bomb:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8467/8...a9792451_b.jpg

Buzzing Caxton St after the match:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8472/8...94e64924_b.jpg
Yep a very entertaining game from a Roar's supporters view but a slightly disappointing crowd of just over 17,000 I thought
Old Oct 14th 2012, 1:01 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Yep a very entertaining game from a Roar's supporters view but a slightly disappointing crowd of just over 17,000 I thought
...that's actually pretty good for first game of the season. Traditionally they are very poor. But still we should be getting a minimum of 20k
Old Oct 14th 2012, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you blokes enjoyed it.... Hopefully it's not going to be one 'of those seasons' for MV.

Not exactly releshing MV v Adelaide this coming friday... save for the pre game pub stuff.

Luckily I've been around football a long while. Last time I remember a result like this was when Palace lost 9-0 to Liverpool.... They went on to knock out Liverpool in the Semi final of the FA cup in the same season and forced a Cup Final replay against Man Utd... Pays to remember seasons like that after last night.

I reckon the crowds have been the best thing about this season thus far....35k at Sydney ... will be a sell out in Parramatta next weekend... MV will be lucky to clear 30k v Adelaide after the opening two games.... Might be down to 25K

3 damn good teams in the league this season Wellington, Adelaide and Brisbane, Perth look useful as well. I reckon all 4 would survive in the Championship league back home.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 14th 2012 at 1:39 am.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Great picture Fish... keep erm coming.

I found a bright spark in amongst this from MV's fans point of view... humour saves the day again. Laughing now. I quote... From the MV forums.

Adelaide have all got stiffies waiting for the league bike to turn up next week so they can all join in the gang bang.!

MV really hate losing to Adelaide, so lets see what happens next Friday. Adelaide are a team that Melbourne Victory are supposed to always beat in Victory fans minds at least..

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 14th 2012 at 2:01 am.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

...that's actually pretty good for first game of the season. Traditionally they are very poor. But still we should be getting a minimum of 20k
I thought there'd be worthy of a minimum of 25k to be honest after back to back titles added to the fact Ange was back in town That Oktoberfest has a lot to answer for i guess
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:54 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Luckily I've been around football a long while. Last time I remember a result like this was when Palace lost 9-0 to Liverpool.... They went on to knock out Liverpool in the Semi final of the FA cup in the same season and forced a Cup Final replay against Man Utd... Pays to remember seasons like that after last night.
I remember that game. My uncle took me along to see Palace v Everton the week after (I think it was) expecting Everton to smash them (he was a Toffees fan) and Palace ended up going away with all the points. Off memory it was the magic duo of Bright & Wright who got the goals!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:57 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
I thought there'd be worthy of a minimum of 25k to be honest after back to back titles added to the fact Ange was back in town That Oktoberfest has a lot to answer for i guess
I think the Roar marketing team have a lot to answer for that too though. They insist on only doing Social Media and Radio publicity, very little in other areas. They've got the product and packages they just don't have the promotional ability. A real shame as this team deserves the best support, to be head and shoulders the best team of the last 2 years as well as arguably being the best side this league has ever seen and the undefeated streak really should mean a quality support base
Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos of the Brissy match The size of the stadium makes a healthy attendance look pretty small mind.

Glad that WSW won't be playing out of the Olympic stadium for that reason. Between 8,000 - 15,000 still looks a very respectable attendance at Parramatta Stadium.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think the Roar marketing team have a lot to answer for that too though. They insist on only doing Social Media and Radio publicity, very little in other areas. They've got the product and packages they just don't have the promotional ability. A real shame as this team deserves the best support, to be head and shoulders the best team of the last 2 years as well as arguably being the best side this league has ever seen and the undefeated streak really should mean a quality support base
They fall short on plenty of advertising/publicity/PR aspects... almost makes one wonder how competent they are in that area.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Just been speaking to a mate who was trying to get tickets for the derby and all he could get was a couple of seat in the restricted view area

A quick look at ticketek shows that all categories are exhausted apart from limited availability in catB restricted view and single seats in catC restricted view

I know that these seats are hardly ever sold for the Parramatta Eels games unless they reach the finals (so hardly ever).

Its going to be a sell out, Parra Stadium should be bouncing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.