Last say

Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:58 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last say

Originally Posted by thewoodz
Strange, there were a few new developments where we lived so it looked different, but mates were still in same seats down the local. We were like tourists taking kids to Stratford, which was great as they were older, Harry potter exhibit etc. We walked round with grins on our faces and everyone gave us funny looks, didn't get the traffic and crowds, but then again it was Christmas. Glad to come home tho.
maybe it's because I still have the UK house and was there for a long time but it felt like I had never left.

Sounds like it's not home for you at all just a holiday place.
Australia has been great for us I miss it when I'm in the UK but I miss my kids whilst I'm here can't win
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:04 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
maybe it's because I still have the UK house and was there for a long time but it felt like I had never left.

Sounds like it's not home for you at all just a holiday place.
Australia has been great for us I miss it when I'm in the UK but I miss my kids whilst I'm here can't win
Sometimes it seems like no mans land, sometimes you have to jump through too many hoops, most of the time it's home. We came over with the youngest two but the eldest was still in army. He came over last year on a temp family sponsored visa, I didn't realise that was what he had applied for, he found work but that ends at the end of the month and he is trying hard to find more work but no luck so far, hoping he stays so he can get PR, it would be really hard if he went back now so I really sympathise.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:12 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes it seems like no mans land, sometimes you have to jump through too many hoops, most of the time it's home. We came over with the youngest two but the eldest was still in army. He came over last year on a temp family sponsored visa, I didn't realise that was what he had applied for, he found work but that ends at the end of the month and he is trying hard to find more work but no luck so far, hoping he stays so he can get PR, it would be really hard if he went back now so I really sympathise.
good luck for him finding work mine came over for a while and it was so hard to see them go again. I hope your lad manages to get PR you will be able to breathe a sigh of relief then.
what sort of work does he want?
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:24 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

good luck for him finding work mine came over for a while and it was so hard to see them go again. I hope your lad manages to get PR you will be able to breathe a sigh of relief then.
what sort of work does he want?
He did comms in the army, he's saving up to do cabling lic here, so basically sorting out surveillance, alarms, video conference etc, I've told him he's got to do whatever he just needs to work one year and live for two years here, so gingers crossed he can apply Jan next year.
We visit Sydney once a year ad my Dad life's there, must admit I prefer Melbourne though
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:30 am

He did comms in the army, he's saving up to do cabling lic here, so basically sorting out surveillance, alarms, video conference etc, I've told him he's got to do whatever he just needs to work one year and live for two years here, so gingers crossed he can apply Jan next year.
We visit Sydney once a year ad my Dad life's there, must admit I prefer Melbourne though
I loved Melbourne we lived in Williamstown and went into the city a lot,
but I love Sutherland area more I have a kayak and can get on the hacking river I have the stunning national park and loads of great beaches on my doorstep and Sydney is just fab!
off to the opera house for a show on the 22nd got the food and wine festival on starting next weekend it's great.
was your son in the signals? my old man was foreman of signals when he left the army.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:39 am
on the Goldie

I loved Melbourne we lived in Williamstown and went into the city a lot,
but I love Sutherland area more I have a kayak and can get on the hacking river I have the stunning national park and loads of great beaches on my doorstep and Sydney is just fab!
off to the opera house for a show on the 22nd got the food and wine festival on starting next weekend it's great.
was your son in the signals? my old man was foreman of signals when he left the army.
Yep started in York then became attached to a Hereford regiment. Did two tours of Afghanistan, three of Iraq and Northern Island and he was only in for ten years!
Sounds like a fab area, places always look different when you are visiting rather than living there. I miss easy access to shows and the theatre, but the I love living here so pros and cons for everything.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:46 am

Yep started in York then became attached to a Hereford regiment. Did two tours of Afghanistan, three of Iraq and Northern Island and he was only in for ten years!
Sounds like a fab area, places always look different when you are visiting rather than living there. I miss easy access to shows and the theatre, but the I love living here so pros and cons for everything.
My husband went into railway comms and has done ok with that since leaving the army maybe your son could look at that too.
wow that's a lot of tours for ten years, we only had the falklands and Kuwait so things were a lot more peaceful for us we had Germany, Holland, Italy as our postings mainly oh and the outer Hebrides

yeah I have never really been to the gold coast only to Brisbane so I have no idea really. I guess I have been lucky and found the place I love to live.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:49 am
on the Goldie

Thumbs up Re: Last say

My husband went into railway comms and has done ok with that since leaving the army maybe your son could look at that too.
wow that's a lot of tours for ten years, we only had the falklands and Kuwait so things were a lot more peaceful for us we had Germany, Holland, Italy as our postings mainly oh and the outer Hebrides

yeah I have never really been to the gold coast only to Brisbane so I have no idea really. I guess I have been lucky and found the place I love to live.
I'll mention it to him.

I think my son thought he would do tours on bases in Germany and such, rather than in conflict, but I suppose that was due to the time period he was enlisted.

I shall have to go to bed, Queensland law dictates we should all be in bed no later than 9.30 lol

So better get back on topic

Looks like I won't be getting last say again
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:55 am

I'll mention it to him.

I think my son thought he would do tours on bases in Germany and such, rather than in conflict, but I suppose that was due to the time period he was enlisted.

I shall have to go to bed, Queensland law dictates we should all be in bed no later than 9.30 lol

So better get back on topic

Looks like I won't be getting last say again
good night sleep well and don't disturb the cows

nope I bet sparkles will come along in an hour and get it
good to see you again
Old Feb 13th 2014, 5:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

good to see you again
Nope - it was yours all night
Old Feb 13th 2014, 7:59 pm
on the Goldie

good to see you again

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Typical
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:29 pm

oh gee I'm so proud

morning ladies happy valentines day xxx
Old Feb 14th 2014, 9:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

oh gee I'm so proud

morning ladies happy valentines day xxx
You too

Hope you've had a good day - last say
Old Feb 14th 2014, 9:52 am

You too

Hope you've had a good day - last say
yeah had a lovely day, hope you did too xx
Old Feb 14th 2014, 9:54 am

yeah had a lovely day, hope you did too xx
Day shifts - what can I say ( I need a shrug shoulders smilie )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.