Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Killed my first Cane Toad Today

Killed my first Cane Toad Today

Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:51 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Killed my first Cane Toad Today

Originally Posted by hilary6
shes gorgeous
HI Hilary! How are you? Hope you had a good Xmas and New Year. Sarah
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:14 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Are cane toads indigenous to Australia and would that make them protected in the same way that possums are, even though they're a 'pest'?

Never liked Toads in any size, shape or form at the best of times but these things really deserve a good blast of disinfectant, or a blat with a bat. Nasty little critters
Old Jan 6th 2008, 3:33 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by themerlin
A 9 iron works well
Cane Toads - what's the point?
Although I did find this very funny whilst flicking through a UK Golf Magazine last time I got my hair cut...

Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:18 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

No some moron imported a box full of them and released them in the cane fields to control cane beetles, only the beetles lived too far up the cane for the toads. So the toads spread and went after everything else.

So killing them is actually encouraged as long as it's humane.

Originally Posted by Nerine
Are cane toads indigenous to Australia and would that make them protected in the same way that possums are, even though they're a 'pest'?

Never liked Toads in any size, shape or form at the best of times but these things really deserve a good blast of disinfectant, or a blat with a bat. Nasty little critters
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:11 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah!!!! thank you...hence the cane reference in the name.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:54 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
No some moron imported a box full of them and released them in the cane fields to control cane beetles, only the beetles lived too far up the cane for the toads. So the toads spread and went after everything else.
So killing them is actually encouraged as long as it's humane.
They even have speakers around the far north where the tape toad sounds, to pick out the cane toad, so they can figure out how far they've invaded.

Originally Posted by Nerine

These things get huge see

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...7-1702,00.html

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Cane Toads - what's the point?
Although I did find this very funny whilst flicking through a UK Golf Magazine last time I got my hair cut...

http://www.simonaward.plus.com/Cane.Toad.Golf.JPG
If you've ever tried to kill a cane toad you will know that a whack with a golf club will be a mere flesh wound they are practically indestructible even killing snakes when swallowed.

Last edited by annqldau; Jan 8th 2008 at 7:56 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough

Oh dear after a bottle of wine, finding this thread quite amusing, even funnier now I know my OH is afraid of toads!!! Australia will be fun!!! LOL
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tez and Daz
Oh dear after a bottle of wine, finding this thread quite amusing, even funnier now I know my OH is afraid of toads!!! Australia will be fun!!! LOL
You need to move to Perth don't think they're there yet...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
You need to move to Perth don't think they're there yet...
Yeah but it would only take them half a dozen leaps if pointed in the right direction
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Yeah but it would only take them half a dozen leaps if pointed in the right direction
Once there they'd realise they were the only toad and nothing for miles around (ducks and takes cover).
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:10 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Once there they'd realise they were the only toad and nothing for miles around (ducks and takes cover).
....I would drive into the bush and hide in a tent if I were you!!...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Shortlets
....I would drive into the bush and hide in a tent if I were you!!...
It's OK I got away with it...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:23 pm
Enjoying the good life!

It's OK I got away with it...
Thier too far away to notice!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Shortlets
Thier too far away to notice!
Signal takes a while to go that far as well I think...
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:20 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

The sad thing is, that lots of innocent good willed friendly toads, get killed for impersonating canies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.